Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grittybeard posted:

I might have missed people talking about this yesterday but here's the most over-zealous quote about speed I can imagine:

He's talking about Terrance Gore.

Who was the guy on the Red Sox in 2004 that everyone knew was going to steal second and still went like 7/8 when used as a pinch runner?

Guys like that might not be super valuable in a 162 game season but in a best of 7 series where small sample size rules all their value is immense. If it's a close game they can turn it around and if it's not then whoever you left off the roster to keep him wasn't going to change anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/520009858222157824

quote:

@DarrenWolfson

Ryan on Sano, who he was with yesterday in Ft. Myers: "He looks pretty healthy... He could go to the outfield if needed." #mntwins

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alan Trammell posted:

• They do not take Nelson Cruz Playoff Bullshit into account

Did you mean Delmon Young here? I'm not sure Nelson Cruz can have Playoff Bullshit considering he's actually good in the regular season too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

So are scalpers buying season tickets then? Sorry, I have no idea how scalpers work under these situations.

I think you're grossly underestimating how fast limited quantities of tickets will sell.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Oh fun, apparently the Mariners ownership nixed a cheap Cruz deal last offseason ($7.5mil in 2014, $9mil club option for 2015). Kill me.

But you got Kendrys back!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FairGame posted:

They'd certainly try. Adam wainwright and lance Lynn are both ridiculously hard to steal off of though.

How much of that is Yadi, though? I'd imagine as long as a pitcher is average-above average in holding runners then that's enough with him behind the plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Happy Alex Gonzalez Day!

:suicide:

• Locked thread