Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's cute that the ALCS is filled with fun and unique teams that haven't been there in a while but I can't pretend that they're good enough to beat the Playoff Giants (who are somehow much better than Regular Season Giants) and the Cardinals (who are just a good team all the time)

I am just mentally preparing myself now. I would love to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

In the cases of players like Vogelsong, you just have to give credit to the GMs/development staff. Every team takes a flier on a dude who is past his prime/broke/busted, and if they turn into something magical it's an awesome gain for your team. The Phillies/Pirates had Brandon Moss, didn't see anything special about him and let him go, and now he flourishes in Oakland.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Royals/O's in a nutshell:

quote:

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, this is the first meeting in an LCS or World Series between two teams that finished in the bottom five in the majors in walks since divisional play began in 1969.

quote:

"We tee high and let it fly," Jones said. "That's been our motto. Sometimes it's good and sometimes we look crazy for six or seven innings. But it's helped us get to this point, so we're not gonna change."

quote:

"I try to hit a home run every time," [Delmon] Young told the New York Times. "I try to pull it every pitch."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11665934/kansas-city-royals-baltimore-orioles-doing-things-differently

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Y'all know you want Cartoon Bird officially licensed World Series merchandise

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just wait for the Mariners to sign Cruz to a 4-5 year deal this offseason and he turns into a pumpkin around June

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

After the Royals beat Baltimore 6-4 to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven ALCS, Dyson was asked by Kansas City Star writer Andy McCullough if he expects the series to return to Camden Yards for a sixth game. "No sir, I don't," Dyson said, "and I don't think [the Orioles] think that either."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chip Hale(??) is the new D-Backs manager.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tuesday
STL/SF 4:07 EST
BAL/KC 8:07 EST

Wednesday
BAL/KC 4:07 EST
STL/SF 8:07 EST

A 1 PM local NLCS game is kind of criminal.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 13, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought today was Tuesday. Excuse my wishful thinking.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A Cubs fan asking about playoff baseball, that's rich

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

MassaShowtime posted:

The Royals winning the series before Illitch's pizza empire could is gonna be the funniest best thing.
Save money. Win better. Walmart Kansas City Royals

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

In his entire post season career, he's had two real cool phantom tags

• Locked thread