Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Common knowledge I assume, but from what I've read, a lot of Johnson's effectiveness was reportedly due to just how effortless it appeared. Mostly sidearm delivery that looked like he wasn't even trying and then bam. Mid 90's heat or whatever.

I highly recommend this biography if anyone's interested.
http://www.amazon.com/Walter-Johnson-Baseballs-Big-Train/dp/0803294336

Edit - slow motion reminds me of the greatest suicide squeeze ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcoXTvXWyrA
Sorry - nothing to do with anything, but drat. It's just poetry.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Oh fun, apparently the Mariners ownership nixed a cheap Cruz deal last offseason ($7.5mil in 2014, $9mil club option for 2015). Kill me.

That deal would have pissed me off at the time, and 99% of SAS would have been mocking the M's for it. The only saving grace in that is that it was apparently a team option. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 and all.

Edit - on the other hand - gently caress off, owners. Sign the checks and get the Hell out of the way.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 10, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Royals now the 3rd team to ever start a post season with 7 straight teams. (Granted, it wasn't possible until 1969)

Unfortunately (Actually, completely unrelated.) the last to do it was the 2007 Rockies. Gettin' ready for some Cards Magic / Even Year Bullshit.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

The_Hat posted:

How about this, then

Omar buntin' yo!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Non-playoff NEWS : Today was my birthday.

VIEWS : My girlfriend is awesome.

• Locked thread