Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I forget the rule: if he's injured, can he be replaced immediately or do they have to wait until the end of the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Akbar posted:

A strained oblique kind of prevents you from swinging a bat or running or much of anything though.

You can still bunt!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Happy Steve Bartman Day!

:suicide:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ManifunkDestiny posted:

:siren: Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays for the Dodgers :siren:

If what Kevin Goldstein used to say about him is right, that he had a lot of smart baseball people around him and he was just good at understanding how to interpret them, then it isn't a guarantee he'll be a genius in LA. Money can cover a lot of mistakes, though. I think what they really need is a manager that won't antagonize Kemp and/or Puig.

I can't wait to eat my words when he trades Crawford to Seattle in December.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

FairGame posted:

Can you imagine Jarrod Dyson getting brought into a game, and Mike Matheny going "OH YEA?" and removing AJP and putting in Yadi as a defensive replacement?

It'd be hilarious.

This is the only scenario in which carrying 3 catches would be excusable (other than the hindsight that Yadi's injury justified it).

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Scob posted:

the way the royals and giants are winning pisses me off. it validates all the bunt bullshit.

edit: im so angry watching this poo poo

double edit: guess this is the wrong thread

Professional sports writers screwing up the narrative, again, is pissing me off. The Giants won because of Matheny.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Alain Post posted:

The Royals seem like a good team. Perhaps it's time for the advanced stats community to begin a period of introspection.

Inducing errors is the new market inefficiency.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Wrong thread.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I thought defense was proven to be poo poo in sabermetrics? Like most teams with bad defense and good offense go to the playoffs (COUGH DETROIT TIGERS), while teams with just good defense barely break even.

I can't really find a correlation. Over the last several post-seasons, there have been years where teams in the top 5 and bottom 5 in defense make the playoffs per Fangraphs' numbers.

RE Royals bullshit: Honestly, the Royals aren't bullshit if they keep playing like this. They're first overall in OBP among LCS teams and 2nd to the Cards in OPS. What's crazy is the Giants outscoring the Cardinals.

• Locked thread