Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

anyone ever play ring of red? it was the first ps2 game i owned and its slow and clunky as poo poo but i loved it. its a mech strategy game set in an alternate history where japan was carved up between the us and the ussr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Endorph posted:

i dont mind it being weirdly sexual because whatever but people who act like it isnt are extremely lol

yeah the only reason I kept calling it out is the people that were super hyped about it(they did some voicework for the game and one of them got art designed after him IIRC???) were also attacking a bunch of other poo poo for being weirdly sexual and I couldn't keep my fingers from making fun of hypocrisy

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i think I'm gonna try out Silent Hill 2, Wild Arms: Alter Code F, and God Hand next.

thanks for the recommendations friends.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

probably armored core sometime too since a buncha people recommended it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I haven't read the thread, but if no one has told you to play Max Payne 1 and 2 or any of the Jak and Daxtar or Ratchet and Clank games, then no one has told you how to utilize your PS2.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tell me how you like the Wild Arms remake.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

why would u recomend gt3 over gt4 -_- or at all , since ts some niche poo poo.
I'd recommend GT2 over GT4, because GT4's grindy as hell.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

i recommend

beatmania IIDX 12 Happy Sky
beatmania IIDX 13 Distorted
beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD
beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS
beatmania IIDX 16 Empress + Premium Best

under no circumstances should you play the lovely american one though

also 11 red cause it has go bezerk

12 is prob the best out of those, that and the empress + premium best cause its a good deal for essentially two mixes

gold is ok, dj troopass and distorted are ok i guess. i had a lot of fun with 10th style too

bm US is ok considering it costs like nothing and has some easy poo poo for beginners but if you pay more than like a quarter for it, :lol:

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

gay skull posted:

also 11 red cause it has go bezerk

12 is prob the best out of those, that and the empress + premium best cause its a good deal for essentially two mixes

gold is ok, dj troopass and distorted are ok i guess. i had a lot of fun with 10th style too

bm US is ok considering it costs like nothing and has some easy poo poo for beginners but if you pay more than like a quarter for it, :lol:

red has no timing adjust. it's unplayable on modern tvs.

or does it have timing adjust but not sudden+? either way, it's bad

also distorted really owns

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
The Red Star is a pretty cool, semi-obscure brawler / shmup hybrid that p. much nobody knows about.

best ps2 game of all time will forever be GodHand though and its a shame that there will never be a sequel

killer7 is a close 2nd and has one of the best OSTs ever (mainly because of Rave On)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Das Butterbrot posted:

The Red Star is a pretty cool, semi-obscure brawler / shmup hybrid that p. much nobody knows about.
Gonna vouch for Red Star. Cool game.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
yeah it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls2rUXJsHLU

the later bosses are really crazy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's on psp too and it's good to have on one

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i'll have to check red star out. hopefully my local trade-away game store has a copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
the silent hill games are expensive to buy. and there's no point in emulating them because you can just play the pc versions which are way better. except for silent hill 4, the pc port of that one is awful but it's also a bad game you shouldnt play.

play tenchu on ps2. there are two titles and i cant remember which one is really good but i think it's wrath of heaven.

• Locked thread