Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Goons,
During RAW, I started thinking of the worst possible matches we'd have to endure. This got me curious as to what other horrors we can come up with.

To keep this fun, we need some minor ground rules. No Orton vs Cena or any played out combination of 2 people\teams who we see every single week. If you could maybe see it on TV or it was on TNA, think of something worse.

My entry:

Cameron vs Eva Marie in a Hell in the Cell 60 man Iron man match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Pisscast already has this won. Zach Gowan vs 2014 Abdullah The Butcher. I think it was a Strap/chain Match.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Nailz vs. El Gigante.

Which also happened.

In NJPW.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Melina vs Alicia Fox

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

IcePhoenix posted:

Melina vs Alicia Fox

BOOM

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm honestly having a tough time picturing anything worse than Sharmell/Jenna Morasca. I mean holy poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Isis Ephyx vs. Teddy Hart under Bill Watts-era WCW rules

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Giant Gonzalez vs. Cheex

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Great Khali vs. The Ye-tay

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait I've got it -- Jeff Hardy 2011 vs Jake Roberts 1999

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
if we're going with modern stuff, 2014 Abdullah the Butcher and 2014 Headhunters vs. 2014 Jason the Terrible, 2014 Sid Vicious, and Tiger Ali Singh in a no-weapons tornado elimination "I quit" trios cage match.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh poo poo I didn't realize this was a "what-if" sort of thing.

Khali vs. Super Porky

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Everyone posting in this thread in a cage.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Beyond these fantasy pairings, what are the worst real matches of all time? I wouldn't mind watching the worst of the worst...I love botchamania after all.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

Beyond these fantasy pairings, what are the worst real matches of all time? I wouldn't mind watching the worst of the worst...I love botchamania after all.

Sharmell/Morasca is the infamous "MINUS. FIVE. STARS." match, and there was some Bushwacker Luke match against.... Volkoff? I think? where they were in gowns. Those come up pretty often.

E: A quick google tells me I may be mistaken about the latter. Maybe it wasn't a gown match, but I distinctly remember Luke being in something.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Kirios posted:

The Jake Roberts match flashy_mcflash alluded to, his match with Jim Neidhardt where he went out so drunk he could barely stand. It's from a weird one off ppv called Heroes of Wrestling.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kirios posted:

One of the worst botches is probably in Misawa/Shiozaki vs Saito/Bison Smith.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hogan vs. Warrior from Halloween Havoc 98 is pretty infamous as well. I remember Gene Okerland later saying something to the effect of "If the timing of these two was any worse, they'd have had to restart the match"

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Kirios posted:

the aforementioned Nailz vs. Gigante actually exists, and I know some tape traders DO have it, but, uhhhhhhh

Raja Lion vs. Giant Baba is pretty famous-funny-bad, but pretty much all we have of that matchup is on botchamania anyways.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

One of the worst botches is probably in Misawa/Shiozaki vs Saito/Bison Smith.

also you're a bad, bad man.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Sharmell/Morasca is the infamous "MINUS. FIVE. STARS." match, and there was some Bushwacker Luke match against.... Volkoff? I think? where they were in gowns. Those come up pretty often.

E: A quick google tells me I may be mistaken about the latter. Maybe it wasn't a gown match, but I distinctly remember Luke being in something.

Are you thinking of the Bushwhackers vs. Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff match from Heroes of Wrestling, which Bryan gave "Minus all of the stars in the universe, and the universe is infinite"?

also I looked up a picture of Nailz and that is not a man who should be called Nailz, his name should be Gary Donaldson or something. I always pictured Nails from Jagged Alliance

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alouicious posted:

Are you thinking of the Bushwhackers vs. Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff match from Heroes of Wrestling, which Bryan gave "Minus all of the stars in the universe, and the universe is infinite"?

That's the one, thank you! I had it in my head it was a singles match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DJExile posted:

Hogan vs. Warrior from Halloween Havoc 98 is pretty infamous as well. I remember Gene Okerland later saying something to the effect of "If the timing of these two was any worse, they'd have had to restart the match"

And the infamous Hogan/Piper "AGE IN A CAGE" from a year or two prior.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

DJExile posted:

The gown match was Gerald Brisco/Pat Patterson (no you don't want to see it)

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
The Khali mirror match

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TKImpulse posted:

The gown match was Gerald Brisco/Pat Patterson (no you don't want to see it)

Thanks, I remember hearing Alvarez talking about both that and the Bushwacker tag match to give Jenna/Sharmell some context and I got them all mashed up :cheers:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

And the infamous Hogan/Piper "AGE IN A CAGE" from a year or two prior.

“The pinnacle of this icon garbage came in last night’s cage match between Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper…WCW had the gall to say this was the greatest cage match in history…You’ve got a 46 year old bald movie star wannabe, who looks like Uncle Creepy with a good build, taking on a guy with an artificial hip who hasn’t wrestled a full schedule in ten years. It’s a tribute, in my mind, to the massive egotism of both men and an indictment of WCW’s promotional policy that this match even took place, much less in the main event, when the card was probably the best WCW is capable of having. At the ten-minute mark, they were sucking wind so bad the first three rows passed out of oxygen depravation. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad… I’m sick of guys claiming to be the icon especially when it usually comes from guys who just didn’t know when to quit. Roddy Piper was my idol when I was a teenager, but that was 20 years ago. Hulk Hogan during his best years was 50% media creation and that was long gone. This match was a slap in the face to every wrestler that takes pride in his profession… On a personal note to Hulk Hogan, you are a household word but so is garbage and it stinks when it gets old too.” – Jim Cornette, Monday Night Raw 10/27/97

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Tom McGee vs Kerry Von Erich

For reference, Tom McGee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zYfaTBLk0

EDIT: He's the guy Bret Hart made look so good that Vince thought McGee was the next Hulk Hogan.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Pisscast already has this won. Zach Gowan vs 2014 Abdullah The Butcher. I think it was a Strap/chain Match.

It was Zach Gowan vs 2014 Kamala in a Kiss My Feet match.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Kelly Kelly versus ring ropes.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Probably the worst is The Achievements and Lives of Men V. The Forward Movement of Time. No suspense + long as hell takes forever for this one... settle in boys.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Tom McGee vs Kerry Von Erich

For reference, Tom McGee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zYfaTBLk0

EDIT: He's the guy Bret Hart made look so good that Vince thought McGee was the next Hulk Hogan.

Wow. That belly-to-belly suplex (?) sure is something. Makes me wish I could see his match with Bret to see a miracle in action.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Is "people who have wrestled on TV" the only real limitation?

In that case, Jay Leno vs That Guy Who Played Donald Trump vs That Lady Who Played Rosie O'Donnell vs Cheex

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

David Flair Vs. David Arquette w/ Jay Leno as Guest referee. Loser has to legally change their name to Gayvid.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Prozach posted:

Is "people who have wrestled on TV" the only real limitation?

In that case, That Guy Who Played Donald Trump

Fun fact: That was Ace Steel, who trained CM Punk.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Great Khali vs Rey Mysterio Jr in a "whose knees can explode first" match.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Rey is safe then because his already exploded.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Aka the "plans change" match

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Kevin Nash vs Triple H vs Vince in a Quad on a Pole match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ZDar Fan posted:

Wow. That belly-to-belly suplex (?) sure is something. Makes me wish I could see his match with Bret to see a miracle in action.

I've finally seen one to rival Shane Douglas's.

• Locked thread