Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

and what am I not prepared for ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everyone

everything

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not a big Warcraft lore buff, I'm afraid, OP.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

he told me he would help me move, but when i called him up because he was two hours late to help, he told me he was too busy with some bullshit counterstrike tournament match or something. gently caress that guy. i had to move that dresser by myself.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Endorph posted:

everyone
Pretty much this. He even betrayed the night elves (including his brother Malfurion) somehow before you first met him in WC3 and rescue him from an eternity of magical confinement. Although I think the one in WoW was ~corruption~ so I'm not sure if that's really supposed to count.

E: Also if I remember right he basically backstabs the nightelves and Malfurion again in WC3 by infusing himself with even more demon blood again or something. A second time.

Dec 26, 2012

Kylra posted:

E: Also if I remember right he basically backstabs the nightelves and Malfurion again in WC3 by infusing himself with even more demon blood again or something. A second time.

yeah he does which is how he becomes a demon or w/e

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The fans, OP

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Kylra posted:

Pretty much this. He even betrayed the night elves (including his brother Malfurion) somehow before you first met him in WC3 and rescue him from an eternity of magical confinement. Although I think the one in WoW was ~corruption~ so I'm not sure if that's really supposed to count.

trap sprung

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
at least we got a fairly fuckin epic meme out of it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

he saw garona and was all like 'gul'drat girl where you get all that back'

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

trap sprung

gently caress off, loreshamer.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

trap sprung

heh yeah look at this loser who played a good game

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Benny D posted:

Rogues got betrayed when she no longer gave you epic class quests.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Illy Dan

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

LSTB posted:

she's all fuckin tormented and poo poo in cataclysm and gives some really terrible quests about the twilight's hammer forging the literal twilight's hammer but nobody did them because you were probably already 90 at that point

not so much springing the trap as jumping into it with both feet while yelling LOOK AT ME JUMPING INTO THIS TRAP HERE

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

LSTB posted:

I think my rogue is still in ice crown somewhere what expansion did this happen in

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
wrath of the lich king

oh the class quests thing, that was cataclysm

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Garona wanted to kill Cho'gall but since Garona isn't a male orc she doesn't get to killsteal from players.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

wrath of the lich king

oh the class quests thing, that was cataclysm

I was led to believe that I didn't miss anything by skipping cataclysm

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
you didn't because cataclysm was the worst wow expac

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

was

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
mists is far better than cataclysm was

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

sword_man.gif posted:

mists is far better than cataclysm was

I meant to joke about WoD but I guess even if 6.0.1 endgame is fail, there's still Garrison which is way more alternate advancement than Cata offered.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope they don't gently caress up how my Draenei looks with WoD.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Benny D posted:

hahah goddammit

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

LSTB posted:

I meant to joke about WoD but I guess even if 6.0.1 endgame is fail, there's still Garrison which is way more alternate advancement than Cata offered.

having played the wod beta it's far better than cataclysm was and getting poo poo for your alts isn't a horrid concoction of grinding points and reputations anymore

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like how WoW plays out with story because of stuff like

sword_man.gif posted:

she's all fuckin tormented and poo poo in cataclysm and gives some really terrible quests about the twilight's hammer forging the literal twilight's hammer but nobody did them because you were probably already 90 at that point

not so much springing the trap as jumping into it with both feet while yelling LOOK AT ME JUMPING INTO THIS TRAP HERE

i mean yeah we gotta do <important story thing here> but it just doesn't pay well enough so nobody's gonna do it

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doctor Goat posted:

i mean yeah we gotta do <important story thing here> but it just doesn't pay well enough so nobody's gonna do it

the literal twilight's hammer is just a spell power mace that you loot off cho'gall's corpse

i had it on my druid

like there's some poo poo with forging an ultimate weapon and then they make the twilight's hammer and succeed and there's an elemental or some poo poo, frankly i have no loving clue because it's at the rear end-end of a terrible zone

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

LSTB posted:

and what am I not prepared for ?

An epic 25 man raid.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

sword_man.gif posted:

having played the wod beta it's far better than cataclysm was and getting poo poo for your alts isn't a horrid concoction of grinding points and reputations anymore

Cataclysm killed my guild

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I hope they fix WoD healing because it looks like butt ATM. No Atonement, no Fistweaving, and it takes way too freaking long to go from 50% to 100% on spammable casts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Cataclysm killed my guild

The Quake killed all the other ones... LOL.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

LSTB posted:

no Fistweaving

fistweaving has it's own entire stance now with spirited crane and they even gave them rising sun kick

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

The Quake killed all the other ones... LOL.

/Lol

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

sword_man.gif posted:

fistweaving has it's own entire stance now with spirited crane and they even gave them rising sun kick

Atonement still exists too, its just not competitive. Did they fix the numbers on Fistweaving very recently?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
beats the hell outta me, i just thought you meant it doesn't exist anymore

they just did a big buff to mw monks in general to make abilities poo poo out orbs a hell of a lot more often

i don't really give a poo poo about atonement because discipline in general has been bugfuck great since about mid cata and i'm fine with those smug dicks being down a peg for a while

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 8, 2014

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I hope this time travel crap in the next expansion ends with all of WoW getting retconned and Warcraft 4 starting off where vanilla WoW did.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's an alternate dimension as well so, nope

hey it's better than their original idea where garrosh blows a magic horn that resurrects all the dead orc leaders, this was an idea they had that they just told everybody about

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Time travel plot that won't have a bronze dragon as the final boss FTL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

LSTB posted:

Time travel plot that won't have a bronze dragon as the final boss FTL

Maybe it's like illidan where they hype up grom as the final boss but he really isn't

• Locked thread