Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

"Yeah we'd, we'd gone a long time without seeing Thrall, now going by Go'el, but now he's back in action. He's got Doomhammer's plate-his plate armor back and he's even more just, imposing, and visually epic, and savage, which is central to Warlords of Draenor, the just savagery of the entire continent of Draenor. Players encounting Go'el should be ready for a truly epic and savage experience in their questing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The Quake killed all the other ones... LOL.

Oh poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chris Metzen can do no wrong in my eyes. Even when he (or if he has already) crossed the threshold into an old out of touch loser spokesman who shows up at cons like the people at id are now, which I find utterly detestable, I'll still think Metzen is epic as hell.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Shouts out to my dwarf paladin, Krumely the Kingslayer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shoutouts to Swamp Izzo's Goblin Rogue, Boneur.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

My name is Tyrone Duquon Go'el. Please don't call me by my slave name.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't understand people who are confused by the time travel in the new xpac. it's like have any of you even paid any attention to the many touchstones of time travel in pop culture? this is like time travel 101.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

there is a wow lore thread on these forums where people seriouspost lol

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there is a wow lore thread on these forums where people seriouspost lol

yes there is and i voted it to be an imp zone guest thread but it didn't win

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Wormskull posted:

Chris Metzen can do no wrong in my eyes. Even when he (or if he has already) crossed the threshold into an old out of touch loser spokesman who shows up at cons like the people at id are now, which I find utterly detestable, I'll still think Metzen is epic as hell.

im pretty sure metzen has tight control over what goes in the game still and he's terrible at writing. everything is loving corruption and tapout shirts in the world of metzen

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_uAbmka5Ko

metzen understands me like no one else

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wormskull posted:

Didn't someone find him using a sugar donut to try to give himself a coke mustache at one Blizzcon?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Maybe it's like illidan where they hype up grom as the final boss but he really isn't

That was more then going "aw poo poo we need a new raid now", with Sunwell being something they spun up when they realized killing the main villain halfway through wasn't the best plan, I think

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

The last two timelines were merely a setback. Did you think I'd entrust our future to World 7389's Garrosh?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Rexicon1 posted:

im pretty sure metzen has tight control over what goes in the game still and he's terrible at writing. everything is loving corruption and tapout shirts in the world of metzen

Yeah but there's also always redemption because he's too chickenshit to go full warhammer.

Dec 26, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Didn't someone find him using a sugar donut to try to give himself a coke mustache at one Blizzcon?

that would fully own so i hope so

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Playing a resto shaman though sun well was probably the most fun I ever had with the game. It wasn't even my character, one of my friends couldn't raid on Thursday's or something and we had a zillion rogues so I would do mu'ru and the warlock bitches on his Orc. Healing lasers everywhere

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

heh yeah look at this loser who played a good game

Yeah Warcraft 3 and it's expansion was a good game.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

it was alright

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

it was

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel pretty good about never touching wow again after burning crusade

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Awesome! posted:

i feel pretty good about never touching wow again after burning crusade

'tis a shame, Wrath was epic.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

LSTB posted:

'tis a shame, Wrath was epic.

i guess.

it's still total bullshit there wasn't a fully realized underground nerubian zone with spider-monster factions.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
wc3 was a good game so there is No Shame in knowing the lore imo

i was p sad for a while that wows success meant we'd prolly never see wc4, but after sc2 i think we may have dodged a bullet there......

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
sc2's plot kind of hinges on kerrigan being evil through infestation rather than evil because everyone's a dick and it's wholly deserved

raynor's all "hey, let's get the evil off kerrigan and get the person i knew for like a week back" which is still pretty creepy but it makes a lot more sense than "hey, she wants to be queen bitch of the universe and i don't like that :("

the tutorial mission of heart of the swarm is pretty cool

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

sword_man.gif posted:

it's an alternate dimension as well so, nope

warcraft 4 can just resume/begin from whichever is left over after wod: the alternate dimension or the original timeline

Tiger Millionaire posted:

wc3 was a good game so there is No Shame in knowing the lore imo

i was p sad for a while that wows success meant we'd prolly never see wc4, but after sc2 i think we may have dodged a bullet there......

tbh, I think sc2 is a really fun game ignoring the story. i mean yeah i dunno how they can gently caress up having a decent story after doing wc1-3, diablo 1-2, and starcraft (which were pretty simple but had some cool characters and complexities if you wanted to go deeper) but they're still full well capable of writing a good story if they just ignore making it "Big"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If WC4's custom multiplayer mode is even half as good as WC3's was I will forgive Blizzard for everything.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Minrad posted:

warcraft 4 can just resume/begin from whichever is left over after wod: the alternate dimension or the original timeline

tbh, I think sc2 is a really fun game ignoring the story. i mean yeah i dunno how they can gently caress up having a decent story after doing wc1-3, diablo 1-2, and starcraft (which were pretty simple but had some cool characters and complexities if you wanted to go deeper) but they're still full well capable of writing a good story if they just ignore making it "Big"

you are looking through rose-colored glasses on the WC1-3 and the D1+2 stories. they are pretty cool stories for like early young adult fiction where like "oh man! look at all these guts all over the walls!" and "whoa look at this cool wizard shooting lasers at orcs yeaaaa!" can pass as a good story. SC2 and all the D3 poo poo is the exact same quality of writing as the old stuff we all just grew up and realized that it was all dumb poo poo for children.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'll grant you D3 but SC2 all but explicitly retconning Brood War out entirely is serious bull poo poo.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

oh poo poo I'm coming dangerously close to caring about game stories without irony.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

oh poo poo I'm coming dangerously close to caring about game stories without irony.

... And?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this is entirely okay. be enthusiastic about whatever you want. it is a good thing.

don't be an irony shitlord who can't enjoy anything.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I almost liked the Reaper of Souls story but not being able to save the king's life after doing the full sidequest chain is B.S.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's whom, OP.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Illidan betrayed the correct grammar for who/whom.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
illidan mostly got high on magic to ignore how hung up he was on his brother's girlfriend

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i dunno who that is, op. i'm sorry.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

LSTB posted:

Rogues got betrayed when she no longer gave you epic class quests.

Is it even possible to still get Duskbat Drape. I just checked and you can't. Blizzard Fail.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Yeah be careful you dont care too much or somebody on the internet might laugh at you, dipshit.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

always act jaded and never genuinely enjoy anything, dumbfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HAhaha no believe me guys I love gaming... I just hate everything gaming and being a gamer stands for is all.

• Locked thread