Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

My Lil Parachute posted:

If someone is going to repeatedly ignore the law about drink-driving, why would they pay any attention to the law about driving without a license?

I agree why have laws about anything honestly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Amused to Death posted:

My friends are all drunk, my family is all drunk, don't have $45 for a cab. Now what do I do?

But is the potential risk to pedestrians and other drivers really worth those 2 beers?

I mean I understand the problem, it's another "gently caress the poor" issue, but it feels like people are comparing it to a speeding ticket because you had to get your wife in labor to the hospital. The latter can be justified because you are weighing the pros and cons of making sure your wife and child get into a sterile environment most accommodating for labor versus the other people on the road, but in the former you're talking about having a few beers. How badly does one need that?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Amused to Death posted:

tl;dr you're all loving terrible drivers and break the law constantly. Sincerely, a cyclist.

And that's bad too I don't really see why prosecuting drunk driving and texting are a "pick one" scenario. It's not like the Judge only had enough budget to pick one. This threads just about drunk driving so that's what people are discussing.

IMO after the first text and drive one should face the guillotine.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 11, 2014

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Pohl posted:

Actually, texting while driving is more dangerous than drunk driving. It seems that taking your eyes and attention off of the road for an extended period of time is really worse than driving while intoxicated.

OK? Whether or not this is true doesn't change that drunk driving is a bad thing and you probably shouldn't do it. Whatever might be "less bad" doesn't mean "ignore it".

• Locked thread