Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I've seen people's lives ruined by a DUI charge- which may not be right, no, but there has to be some kind of harsh consequence to doing something so reckless and life-endangering. I disagree with it costing people their livelihood and money, but there should certainly be a license suspension and mandated alcohol classes too. Scaring people is an effective deterrent and always has been. Bring in people who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers. Bring in people who have survived drunk driving accidents. Make drunk drivers feel like poo poo because they should; but don't destroy their lives because of one stupid mistake.

Oh. Another thing I'd just like to nip in the bud. I hate it when people (mainly on the internet) equate drunk driving to texting while driving, as if one can't be bad since everyone totally does the other one yo. Uh how about both of them are bad? And no, I have never driven drunk or texted while my car was in motion and I was behind the wheel because I'm an actual responsible adult who doesn't make lovely decisions. Drunk driving impairs you significantly more than texting does. Texting while driving lasts a few seconds at best and "ends" whenever you put down your phone. Drunk driving impairs you completely and utterly for the duration of however long you are in your car. Again, both are bad and reckless; but don't act like they're the same thing.

I am also well aware that being sleep deprived can impair you as well if not more than drunk driving can; but all of the studies conducted on driving while sleep deprived were done on subjects that were literal walking zombies who hadn't slept in days for the purposes of the studies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread