Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
I try not to drink and drive. But when. I sleep in my car the cops get me for public intoxication. When I walk home the cops get me for public intoxication. When. I sleep at a bus stop the cops get me for public intoxication, and I don't have a bus stop in my entire town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

PT6A posted:

Are cops really harsh about PI in the States or something? I know a guy who's gotten a few here in Calgary, but that's because he gets really drunk and he tends to have a lovely attitude when drunk. I don't know anyone else that's ever received one here, and I know plenty of people that regularly walk home quite intoxicated (probably 0.15 or drunker). You basically have to be causing a scene of some sort before the cops will even consider giving you a ticket, and then you have to be a prick to them before they'll actually give you one.

Never got the fine, just drunk tank. And never been stopped for walking. Only sleeping.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
My friend had a few tickets and had to go to court. I told him about the right to travel act and the no drivers license got thrown out

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Actually when I was in Dubai I got one for hailing a Cab down. Costs me $800. Met people with .05 in jail.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
And a friend in a cab got one for being in a cab.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Rhymenoserous posted:

Just require people blow start their car with the amount of time the unit must be installed increasing with each incident. That or get the loving self driving cars already. I'd loving love to take a nap on long trips.

This is the best idea imho

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Volcott posted:

Are you a sovereign citizen? That's an argument they like to use.

I have never used it since I sometimes drive for business and my ID currently is my license. But I do support sovereign citizenship. Most of the things I want to do, like swimming with sharks, I have to leave America cause of laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, its a city of over 1 million people and has things like trains and working bus systems and a well constructed mixed use central business district. These are things that much larger US cities do not have.

I was there last week for a conference. Calgary is so much nicer than Houston is not funny.

I live in the city limits of Houston and my closest bus stop is 11 miles away.

• Locked thread