Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neeksy posted:

I think Tertra was great because she really is Kaeru from Working Girls: a terrible idol that everyone is fully aware of how terrible she is. The show being in on the joke helps quite a bit.

The animation was pretty drat wonky this episode. Goddammit, DEEN! :argh:

If you mean Turning Girls then yes, that was the first thing that immediately came to my mind too.

And yeah, lots of weird off-model shots. The first season was iffy enough but dang, the studio switch hasn't been kind so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
I was completely prepared to hate Tetra based on her apperance and sketchy introduction, so I was very surprised that she's actually a funny character. Was quite amused when she popped out of Naotsugu's armor and called him tsundere.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am not on board the Tetra train yet but after her horrendous intro, her doing things like shield surfing softened me up quite a bit.

I like the idea of Democracy getting super whipped by his PotL gal. Actually any interaction between the PotL and Adventurers is interesting to me because to the PotL Adventurers just have to be seen as total lunatics who go to war for things like ugly hats and sexy swimsuits, so the idea of any of these fantasy folk figuring out their way through the tide moron video game nerds is funny.

More importantly though, when are we going to get to hang with the Ninja Turtle?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I hope Lenessia gets to make more speeches this season. Her awkward, idealistic speeches were some of the best things about season 1.

Also I'm liking Tetra's "aggravating idol" routine. She's like a ferret!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Regan and Naotsugu are the best duo. Tetra's cool too, but her intro was awful and those two saved it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Well this explains the design decisions behind Kanami. Maybe the EU server really does have an extended boob slider.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You might need to explain for those of us who don't know Japanese.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Well I don't either, it's the pic that caught my attention. I mean just look at her.

Anyways, that came from the back of book 8, advertising book 9 (Kanami, Go East!) which is coming out this winter.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Sindai posted:

You might need to explain for those of us who don't know Japanese.

It says "Kanami, Go! East!" (it's an advert for the EU server side story)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

So is she the same person as Shiroe's former guild leader, the one with the conical hat?

EDIT: A second's Googling told me what I needed to know. :x

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 13, 2014

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Blasted through this recently, pretty fun stuff. Lots of funny parts, especially Marie's retard-baby tantrums and Shiroe's villain smirk/gloat face scenes when his plans go accordingly.

I was kinda skeptical but this show reminds me of SAO S1 with all the lovely stuff taken out and all the good parts of Maoyuu thrown in (economics and boobsplot!)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Maoyuu and Log Horizon share author, so that's not coincidential.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
If only the Maoyuu anime was half as good as Log Horizon. I should really go read the LN.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:allears: Tetra is going to blow people's minds.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

If only the Maoyuu anime was half as good as Log Horizon. I should really go read the LN.

Read the CompAce Maoyuu manga, that's the way to do it

e: tetra is cool and welcome in the database

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Read the CompAce Maoyuu manga, that's the way to do it

e: tetra is cool and welcome in the database

Just be warned that that you'll potentially have to wait three months for a new chapter.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Reading the LN is the worst idea since fan translations are almost always hot garbage, and often come out like an eight year old wrote it.

So I concur, read manga and/or wait ages for Yen Press' translation.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Dexo posted:

:allears: Tetra is going to blow people's minds.

Having lead 40/20man raids back in early WoW, prima donna healers were the worst thing in the world second only to prima donna main tanks. Tetra might blow my mind, or she might just give me raid leader PTSD.

I'm more curious how Shiroe intends to deal with Demikas, who will most assuredly attempt to wipe the raid and/or murder the hell out of Shiroe.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

User0015 posted:

I'm more curious how Shiroe intends to deal with Demikas, who will most assuredly attempt to wipe the raid and/or murder the hell out of Shiroe.

There was never a time when Demikas was a threat to Shiroe. He'll try to do something silly and will get put down quickly by one of the fighters, or Shiroe himself. I think it's the least interesting part of what will happen.

It's not exactly a surprise to anyone that Demikas still hates Shiroe. And he's probably not exactly a hard book to read.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

User0015 posted:

Having lead 40/20man raids back in early WoW, prima donna healers were the worst thing in the world second only to prima donna main tanks. Tetra might blow my mind, or she might just give me raid leader PTSD.

Did I miss something? Because I could have sworn that the episode starts off (or did it end with this as the preview for the next episode?) with Shiroe being dead and reviving in the Cathedral with Akatsuki with some words about "not being able to trust his raid members enough".

Also, shine on Rundel you crazy diamond

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

User0015 posted:

I think Demi has been permanently demoted to a joke.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Razzled posted:

Did I miss something? Because I could have sworn that the episode starts off with Shiroe being dead and reviving in the Cathedral with Akatsuki with some words about "not being able to trust his raid members enough".

That was a time jump to the future, for audience hook and plotting purposes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Razzled posted:

Did I miss something? Because I could have sworn that the episode starts off (or did it end with this as the preview for the next episode?) with Shiroe being dead and reviving in the Cathedral with Akatsuki with some words about "not being able to trust his raid members enough".

They wiped but it wasn't anybody's fault. The trusting raid members enough thing is more general to the context..

acu
Oct 13, 2014

Razzled posted:

With Akatsuki being there, it might not be something that happens in the raid coming up. Although it could just mean that some poo poo goes down while doing her job to protect the princess. Maybe we'll get to see Akatsuki in her first raid this season?

Also, with the new studio, I can't get over how chubby Serara is in every scene. Not sure if I prefer it either.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

acu posted:

Also, with the new studio, I can't get over how chubby Serara is in every scene. Not sure if I prefer it either.

That's not because of the studio switch, she actually does get fatter because she spends all day eating Nyanta's cooking.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Drifter posted:

There was never a time when Demikas was a threat to Shiroe. He'll try to do something silly and will get put down quickly by one of the fighters, or Shiroe himself. I think it's the least interesting part of what will happen.

Really? In a raid setting, he could very well do something retarded like pull the boss on purpose just to wipe them, or blow them up, or break something Shiroe locks down, or just something that will lead to their inevitable deaths. But Shiroe knows that.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I know why they're after the massive amount of money, so there's not a big mystery there.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

User0015 posted:

Really? In a raid setting, he could very well do something retarded like pull the boss on purpose just to wipe them, or blow them up, or break something Shiroe locks down, or just something that will lead to their inevitable deaths. But Shiroe knows that.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I know why they're after the massive amount of money, so there's not a big mystery there.

Demi will pull the boss on purpose to try to wipe the group, but Shiroe counters by casting 12th level "You're On Your Own, Sucker" to give Demi full aggro. Then Demi's stuck desperately fighting for his (digital) life whilst the rest of the group plinks away at the bosses healthbar.

Presumably the vast sum of money is to restore the fairy gate fasttravel system or something like it. Alternatives include building their own city (not entirely sure why they'd need to do that) or lending it to jumpstart other cities (which would more or less require fast-travel)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

User0015 posted:

As someone who has both MT'd and Healed From Vanilla Wow to Cataclysm(I know, I'm awesome), Healers only end up that way after dealing with other group members who constantly blame them for not healing properly even though their stupid rear end stood in poo poo or didn't interrupt the "gently caress you" spell. It's a defense mechanism that keeps your sanity.

Prima Donna tanks can be because of bad experiences, but is also just as likely due to the fact that they tend to get everything handed to them on a silver platter as they need to be geared to have any shot at doing content.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Elite posted:

Presumably the vast sum of money is to restore the fairy gate fasttravel system or something like it. Alternatives include building their own city (not entirely sure why they'd need to do that) or lending it to jumpstart other cities (which would more or less require fast-travel)

Didn't they say in the last episode of S1 that the Plant guild had managed to get theirs working? And that they are running/ruling the city/continent, that would probably get them a ton of money.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Demicol posted:

Didn't they say in the last episode of S1 that the Plant guild had managed to get theirs working? And that they are running/ruling the city/continent, that would probably get them a ton of money.

Shiroe implied that even if you gathered every gold piece from every adventurer in the game, it probably wouldn't be enough for what he needed. So I doubt Plant Hwaden has that much, unless they found their own farming exploit magic gold dungeon.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shiroe needs that gold because he realized that by now he was playing a 4x strategy game instead of a MMORPG.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

pandaK posted:

That's not because of the studio switch, she actually does get fatter because she spends all day eating Nyanta's cooking.

!!SPOILERS!! He's a klever kat and is preparing her in advance :fork::hampants:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The round table council is nice and all, but Shiroe's greatest accomplishment to date is creating a player economy in akiba. So, it isn't likely that he will destroy that as it is still the basis for akiba's stability and cultural growth.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Here's hoping Demikas pulls a Leroy Jenkins.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Shiroe needs that gold because he realized that by now he was playing a 4x strategy game instead of a MMORPG.

OK :effort:

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Living inside a raid 24/7 for over a month? :suicide:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And that'd be why high-tier raids are now for the most hardcore of hardcore. Even DDD lowered themselves to raids like 20+ levels below them.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

This episode had some Rudy, which makes it a step up from the last episode which had no Rudy.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

"Rudy" Rundelhaus Code turned this episode around from a boring slog through an explanation of MMO raiding mechanics into something wonderful. "さすが MYSTRUS NINJA" indeed :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Kyte posted:

And that'd be why high-tier raids are now for the most hardcore of hardcore. Even DDD lowered themselves to raids like 20+ levels below them.

It reminds me of the bosses in FF XI. The lead developer was an egotist who wanted to create an unbeatable boss. And he succeeded for a time. But a group spend tens of hours in the fight and managed to beat it. He got mad and made it harder still. He has been gone for a while after he was screwing around FFXIV much of the same way.

What I am saying is that, given the raids, he must of have found another job.

• Locked thread