Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Caught up with this show just in time to see Soujiro in a pretty good action scene. I now am reading his sidestory manga, because the guy is cool.

Things are obviously much slower than S1 but they don't seem too bad to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That was ominous. I noticed the area was PvP during the scene transition and was :tinfoil: during the whole of the last few scenes.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like that Roe 2 just expects you to be on her level. She just casually mentions that the Knights are gathering Empathions as if that explains everything but that's the first time the term has been dropped. It is the opposite of Shiroe's tendency to over-explain things.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

This season has been really good about the worldbuilding and making me want to learn the details of the setting at large. It has also made me want to know what is going on more than ever after this last twist. It gave other guildmasters much needed screentime and those episodes were mostly enjoyable (William's speech was rad, shut up). I would have also liked to have more than a single super-rushed episode about THE BEST PARTY EVER because they are an interesting bunch.

Sadly that accounts for like one fifth of what happened onscreen. They really should have waited a year or so before doing a second season, because they stretched the first two arcs for a whole cour, gave the third arc a single episode, spent like six episodes on the next arc and now we have all of 3-4 for the final and (probably) most important one. :psyduck:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I hope this does not end up like the end of S1 that promised conflict between east and west Yamato just to do something else in S2. I can't believe it took us ten books just to introduce the main conflict of the storyline. :psyduck:

The characters are still very charming and I'd be all over a S3 just on them and the interesting-looking-but-sadly-unexplored plot alone.

Dzhay posted:

Well done Log Horizon, you were a bad good show.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 29, 2015

• Locked thread