Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phylodox posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for a CW pick-up. ALL the DC crossovers!!!

gently caress, if Sony's starting their own streaming network, why doesn't Warner Bros. Kick it off with a bunch of DC adaptations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

Executive Produce Daniel Cerone took to Twitter to offer an update on Constantine's status. Here's a short summary of what he said, via Spoiler TV:

- They have to pitch season 2 in May and will be told then if they're cancelled. (so no early cancellation announcement coming)

- The contract covers the cast till mid-June so another network could pick them up if they're cancelled.

- Foreign sales are apparently going good.

- Social media related to the show is increasing.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Maybe AMC can pick it up and become the home for the DC/Vertigo Television Universe, since they're working on Preacher already.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

TheTarrasque posted:

Maybe AMC can pick it up and become the home for the DC/Vertigo Television Universe, since they're working on Preacher already.

I actually would prefer if it were given to the CW they've done such an amazing job with Arrow and The Flash. Then we could have another crossover.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Oroborus posted:

I actually would prefer if it were given to the CW they've done such an amazing job with Arrow and The Flash. Then we could have another crossover.

Make it a 3-night Halloween special

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Oroborus posted:

I just want the Vertigo stuff kept away from the Networks. Everything I'm hearing about Lucifer just sounds awful.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Oroborus posted:

There's a possible tonal clash. "Right, Ollie my mate, just be sure and shoot the salted arrows directly into the eyes of the animated corpses of the raped and murdered cannibal children."

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I just can't see Preacher (and to a lesser extent Lucifer, which I was unaware was being made) being able to be screened without getting either butchered or neutered. Though I have to admit I have a morbid curiosity about how they will go about televising Assface.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

NonzeroCircle posted:

I just can't see Preacher (and to a lesser extent Lucifer, which I was unaware was being made) being able to be screened without getting either butchered or neutered. Though I have to admit I have a morbid curiosity about how they will go about televising Assface.

As I mentioned, I think AMC could pull it off. And of course somewhere like HBO would be perfect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NonzeroCircle posted:

From how it sounds, Lucifer is just taking the basic set up of Lucifer quitting Hell but that's about it.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
AMC do a pretty good job (in my opinion, though I'm only just about to start reading) on the Walking Dead, but as I'm in the UK that's about the limit of my experience with them and the quality of their shows. I'll definitely watch Preacher if/when it comes out though.

Oddly enough it was only by accident I came into TVIV a couple months ago when Awful app spazzed out when I was trying to go to ML, this thread happened to be on the top of the page and were it not for that then I'd likely have had no idea Constantine existed at all. Possible sorcery!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

muscles like this? posted:

From how it sounds, Lucifer is just taking the basic set up of Lucifer quitting Hell but that's about it.

Lucifer is literally Elementary set in LA with the Devil in place of Sherlock.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Jedit posted:

That sounds interesting. Is it interesting?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

imperialparadox posted:

That sounds interesting. Is it interesting?

It hasn't started yet. I don't think they've even cast anybody.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

muscles like this? posted:

It hasn't started yet. I don't think they've even cast anybody.

I meant more the comic that it's based on.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

imperialparadox posted:

the comic is excellent, its way better then what was just described as the premise of the tv show

E: I'm speaking about the original series, just realized there is also a new52 version that I have no idea about.

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 24, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

imperialparadox posted:

The comic is kind of out there in terms of plot. The basic premise is that during the events of the comic Sandman Lucifer kicks all the damned souls from Hell and leaves it empty. (This is eventually resolved in Sandman with God sending a couple of angels to take over and run Hell.) Lucifer then cuts off his wings and moves to LA where he opens a bar named Lux. The Lucifer series starts with God sending an angel to Lucifer to ask for his help taking care of a problem, Lucifer completes the task but it spins out into this whole thing where Lucifer creates his own universe where he's in charge. After that things get more complicated with stuff like a living Tarot deck, more angel mayhem including the half human daughter of the Archangel Michael, as well as Lucifer trying to figure out what to do with his own personal universe.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Jedit posted:

Wasn't there a show (that ran for a season I think) about a guy raised from Hell by the devil in order to hunt down and send escaped souls back to hell? I think he had tattoos on his body for each escaped soul as well.

I'm basically picturing Lucifer as this without the middle man.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wasn't there a show (that ran for a season I think) about a guy raised from Hell by the devil in order to hunt down and send escaped souls back to hell? I think he had tattoos on his body for each escaped soul as well.

That was the premise of Reaper but the protagonist was a pretty normal dude, for being Satan's spawn at least :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

That's Brimstone.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That was the premise of Reaper but the protagonist was a pretty normal dude, for being Satan's spawn at least :v:

I really liked Reaper. It ended before it should have.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ray Wise was awesome in Reaper.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaghskull posted:

I really liked Reaper. It ended before it should have.

It deserved to be on a better network than 2006-07 era CW, as well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Ray Wise was awesome in Reaper.

He wasn't one-tenth as good as John Glover in Brimstone. Now there's a show that deserved its five years.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

As someone else said, Brimstone! I loving loved that show. Was so sad it got canceled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brimstone was such a goddamned good show. Until Lori Petty showed up and cocked up the show.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rhyno posted:

Brimstone was such a goddamned good show. Until Lori Petty showed up and cocked up the show.

...worst opinion

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hate Lori Petty, because she's not in a lot of stuff and she should be in everything because she amazing.

I think she died though, but even before that, shame on her for not being in everything, cause she rocked.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
What? Lori Petty isn't dead. Apparently she's on (or going to be on) Orange is the New Black.

Why would you think she was dead?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well somebody's dead.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's you, you're dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHen TV IV thinks Lori Petty is awesome my faith in this forum is dead.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Rhyno posted:

WHen TV IV thinks Lori Petty is awesome my faith in this forum is dead.

I dunno, have you even seen Tank Girl? :swoon:

Finally watched the last two episodes - Manny's reveal broke my heart! I really like him! I just - I just don't know. I need a season two. :cry:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hollylolly posted:

I dunno, have you even seen Tank Girl? :swoon:

Yes. I don't remember who the lovely lead actress was, but Naomi Watts was hot as hell.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
What do you mean was?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

What do you mean was?

The past tense of "is".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
She's 46 and has two kids, you see, and is therefore a used-up husk awaiting only the wind to blow her away with the rest of the refuse.

:eng101:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Has Dream showed up yet

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What do you mean yet, the show is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

GreenNight posted:

the show is over.

That decision will be made in May. But so far, Dream of the Endless has not been in the show, no. He never was a big player in the Hellblazer universe anyway, unlike, say, Swamp Thing.

• Locked thread