Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thinking of adding it to my 3ds bucket list. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't have a 3DS yet sadly, OP.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
youre in for some epic gaming if u do get one, in my cool opinion.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
theres never been a better time to game on the 3ds

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
the 3ds is just the latest in the long history of nintendo handhelds owning face

I would also love to hear what imps have to say about fantasy life because I'm on the fence about it I heard it's kind of shallow and grindy but it looks so rad

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I got it. Played it for 13 hours right now. It's pretty ok: The controls for running around, fighting, gathering and crafting feels good, the game is colorful and there's a lot to do. I suspect it might get pretty grindy, like many level 5 rpgs, but right now im enjoying it.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
also us europeans are finally getting rune factory 4 and smt 4. I belived in nintendo and they didnt let me down

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Azraelle posted:

I got it. Played it for 13 hours right now. It's pretty ok: The controls for running around, fighting, gathering and crafting feels good, the game is colorful and there's a lot to do. I suspect it might get pretty grindy, like many level 5 rpgs, but right now im enjoying it.

is there like an distant lands style adventure feel to it or is it more like an animal crossing stay in one place type thing?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if that maeks sense.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I don't have a 3DS yet sadly, OP.

Same

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I wouldn't feel right playing my 3DS at home.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I wouldn't feel right playing my 3DS at home.

Yeah and I don't really leave my home so I don't know when I'd use it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe in bed or on the toilet I guess.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u could get your tan on if u have a garden or balcony or w/e.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

u could get your tan on if u have a garden or balcony or w/e.

I never go out on the balcony, its full of junk, i dont even know whats out there or if i can even get the door open. So no thanks. and its to cold for that anyway now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hm... i guess its impossible then. well, its a shame. but at least youll be able to emulate it eventually probably.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
you could always use it as an excuse to go hang out at a coffee shop or library and do some depressing-people watching while you get your game on

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

bathroomrage posted:

you could always use it as an excuse to go hang out at a coffee shop or library and do some depressing-people watching while you get your game on

So I'd have to take the bus for like 15 minutes every time I want to get my game on. Any more terrible ideas you'd like to share?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The government should mandate 1-2 hour gaming breaks across all jobs.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Hardcore gamers should be exempt from working.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Hardcore gamers should be exempt from working.

This as well.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Ragg posted:

So I'd have to take the bus for like 15 minutes every time I want to get my game on. Any more terrible ideas you'd like to share?

you could always just get a vita tv

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

bathroomrage posted:

you could always just get a vita tv

Well, I did ask for it.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

is there like an distant lands style adventure feel to it or is it more like an animal crossing stay in one place type thing?

Haven't played distant lands, but you have 3 hub areas you can explore from and there are a pretty decent amount of areas around them (only recently unlocked the second). There is definitely a progressing story where you unlock new areas. The most animal crossing-esque is that you can craft furniture for your home. And the graphics.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Azraelle posted:

Haven't played distant lands, but you have 3 hub areas you can explore from and there are a pretty decent amount of areas around them (only recently unlocked the second). There is definitely a progressing story where you unlock new areas. The most animal crossing-esque is that you can craft furniture for your home. And the graphics.

its not a game lol. .. i just meant like, travelling to distant lands. but thank u, it sounds like good fun.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Its not out in North America Yet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i had no idea it released already, it looked interesting from the earlier trailers so maybe ill get it with smash next month

Fargield posted:

Its not out in North America Yet

oh lol never mind

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I wish Rune Factory 4 were out in EU OP I think you might really like it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I might get this OP. Thanks for reminding me.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Widestancer posted:

what the gently caress how has it not gotten european release yet, europeans invented both farming and dungeon crawling

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Thankfully, it's coming soon.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/03/xseed-trying-release-rune-factory-4-europe-via-nintendo-eshop/

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i dont belive it

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Iggy Koopa posted:

i dont belive it

Believe. Life is only real when we believe.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Poon Factory 4

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

never heard of it but its made by level 5 so its probably goo d

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Widestancer posted:

its comming out here soon. my gameing pal likes it so im gonna play it

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Fantasy life kinda blows IMO and Rune Factory is a ton better.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Swelter Discharge posted:

never heard of it but its made by level 5 so its probably goo d

ya well i think dq8 is like one of the best of all time but i thought ni no kuni was kinda shallow so who knows.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

its comming out here soon. my gameing pal likes it so im gonna play it

Nice!

The only dumb part is the randomness of town events but there's a lot to keep you going with it in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
it looks pretty good but i need two questions answered before getting it: 1. how are skeletons represented in this game? 2. how are wizards represented in this game?

• Locked thread