Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Febreeze posted:

Tebow will forever get a pass from me just because of this game. I don't think I've ever laughed harder and seen Steeler fans so speechless.

That moment was probably one of the best moments in GDT's I have ever seen.

Is that thread Goldmined?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Is there any annoying fans of other teams that reside in San Diego?

Take that and multiply the obnoxiousness times a hundred.

There's your answer.

I said I didn't have any reasons to hate the team. Fans and team are seperate.

Edit: And yeah, they're called Raiders and Packers fans

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I attended a very loud Cowboys home game in San Diego.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I can say without any joke or hyperbole that I blacked out what happened after that Tebow pass. I literally do not remember what happened.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
There there, it's not everyone who could survive the sum of all their nightmares made manifest in one sublime moment.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Spacebump posted:

How good is the back up center for the Browns? With Mack being injured, Hoyer might be getting hit a bit more.

They moved starting RG John Greco to center and plugged in former Seahawks guard Paul McQuistan of the hideous head McQuistan clan at RG. They looked great for the rest of the Steelers game, not entirely sure how they'll look the rest of the year

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

football fuckerman posted:

They moved starting RG John Greco to center and plugged in former Seahawks guard Paul McQuistan of the hideous head McQuistan clan at RG. They looked great for the rest of the Steelers game, not entirely sure how they'll look the rest of the year

Paul McQuistan is not very good at all, but if the rest of your line is good they should be able to hide him. There was no hiding him on the Seahawks line :suicide:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bad Moon posted:

There there, it's not everyone who could survive the sum of all their nightmares made manifest in one sublime moment.

Its why I always take the Tebow jokes in good stride. Its hard to offended by a joke from a mere man when I have already faced a joke from God.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The AFC West doesn't deserve you anyway, Mel. Plus the Steelers taking a nosedive after you switched over is some funny poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

The AFC West doesn't deserve you anyway, Mel. Plus the Steelers taking a nosedive after you switched over is some funny poo poo.

He switched before they last went to the Super Bowl.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

He switched before they last went to the Super Bowl.

Yeah but I was in Mexico for that year so I could barely watch the games. Plus its way funnier if you ignore that season.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Bad Moon posted:

and yet you and I have done so on a near weekly basis every fall for the past couple decades

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MourningView posted:

I attended a very loud Cowboys home game in San Diego.
I watched Broncos/Chargers at Qualcomm last season and half of the stadium was in orange.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I watched Broncos/Chargers at Qualcomm last season and half of the stadium was in orange.

Including the three jerks I was sitting with

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

One thing that can unite all AFC West fans is our incredible dislike of each other.

We bond through our mutual hatred of one another. It's special.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Including the three jerks I was sitting with
:toot:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wheez the roux posted:

and yet you and I have done so on a near weekly basis every fall for the past couple decades

Well it goes without saying being a Coug is being more than a man. Our heartbreaks are legendary to fit our heroic stature :smithicide:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Anyone want to buy Golden Tate's RV?

http://instagram.com/p/uOi3vTRnRm/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I bet he's upgrading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za63ltkMGGE

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

I think he was an elite QB on pure ability, he just wasn't asked to play like one because they didn't need that with the running game being what it was. If you actually watch old games of his he would consistently make throws that only a small handful of QBs can make. He had elite arm strength and unbelievable accuracy for that era. His numbers don't stack up because passing took a huge leap forward after he was done as an elite QB and he was in an offense that suppressed his numbers. Dallas needed was a game manger type who could keep a defense honest by throwing deep a few times a game, and he was absolutely great at that. I genuinely think he had the talent to succeed anywhere though. There was a reason he was always the go-to example scouts used when they were talking about a prototypical pocket passer. I don't think he should be in the Hall of Fame based on what he actually produced (and when it comes to that he shouldn't get credit for what might have been), but I absolutely don't agree with the idea that he was just an okay quarterback who happened to be in the right place. He was an elite talent in an offense that didn't necessarily need that or feature it very well.

Pure ability, sure. But I mean, Jeff George had pure ability. So does Jay Cutler. Aikman wasn't quite like them, but while he was an elite arm talent, he always lacked polish and his decision making could sometimes be downright atrocious. Hence the near 1:1 TD:Pick ratio, which is the kind of stat I'd expect from someone like Warren Moon who's throwing 100+ more balls a year in a supremely pass heavy offense, not from someone who just throws enough to keep defenses from stacking 9 in the box to stop an all-time great rushing attack.

Either way, I agree with most of that and I'm probably a little too harsh on the guy, it's just that he's always the first name that comes to mind when I think of a genuinely overrated QB. I know some people like to bring up Namath, but they forget that Namath helped to truly legitimize the AFL and that's why he's in there, not his numbers (although he was the first ever 4000 yard passer, IIRC.)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 17, 2014

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Went to the Jets game last weekend against Denver. The game itself was terrible but what a magical experience. There was a fan in our section wearing a Geno jersey and getting wasted on vodka he had snuck in mixed with slushee. Half way through the third quarter, Geno gets sacked three times in a row, and the fan rips off his Geno jersey and throws it into the lower level. 15 minutes later, security comes and removes him while the entire section boos. The best was someone in the section asking why he had gotten kicked out, security replying with "You can't throw things into the lower section", and then the guy reasoning, "Well, if I got a shirt from the t-shirt cannon, I'd toss it right back as well! It's a protest!"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I feel really bad for Rex Ryan. He is a good coach.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

On to week 7 aftermath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
e: whoops new thread

• Locked thread