Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

i'm absolutely willing to sacrifice the hawks at the altar if it means a browns superbowl. if i could make a trade where the hawks losing every game from here to the end of the season meant sending the browns to the superbowl i'd do that poo poo in a second because it would be a victory for Justice and Football, the two greatest things on this absurd and stupid planet

gently caress this. I'll take every Super Bowl forever for the Hawks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ozu posted:

Namath owns always and forever. Daryle Lamonica should be in the HoF as well.

quotin this

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MourningView posted:

I think he was an elite QB on pure ability, he just wasn't asked to play like one because they didn't need that with the running game being what it was. If you actually watch old games of his he would consistently make throws that only a small handful of QBs can make. He had elite arm strength and unbelievable accuracy for that era. His numbers don't stack up because passing took a huge leap forward after he was done as an elite QB and he was in an offense that suppressed his numbers. Dallas needed was a game manger type who could keep a defense honest by throwing deep a few times a game, and he was absolutely great at that. I genuinely think he had the talent to succeed anywhere though. There was a reason he was always the go-to example scouts used when they were talking about a prototypical pocket passer. I don't think he should be in the Hall of Fame based on what he actually produced (and when it comes to that he shouldn't get credit for what might have been), but I absolutely don't agree with the idea that he was just an okay quarterback who happened to be in the right place. He was an elite talent in an offense that didn't necessarily need that or feature it very well.

The Russell Wilson Defense :smith:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah Russell Wilson is a lot like Troy Aikman

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

football fuckerman posted:

Yeah Russell Wilson is a lot like Troy Aikman

If Troy Aikman were a member of the lollipop guild, sure

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A lot of the criticisms of Aikman and Wilson are the same (anybody could succeed with that running game, he doesn't pass for a billion yards like he's "supposed" to etc) except Wilson has to run for his life constantly behind one of the shittiest pass blocking lines in the league.

I'm just saying MV's defense would be what I would say about Wilson except about the pocket passer stuff.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 15, 2014

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm still intrigued about how the AFC North is going to play out.

Being honest? I think the Browns are the third best team at the moment. I think the Ravens are the more experienced squad, and I think the Bengals are more talented.

I think the division will send 2 division winners, barring a collapse by the Chiefs, and the Browns continuing to nip at the heels really.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
With the way things are unfolding in Cincinnati via injuries and the run defense falling off a cliff I would be very hopeful of Baltimore taking the division but for one thing, Andy Dalton turned into a grown up quarterback. I guess I always knew this could happen but I thought we had more time, or maybe he'd be mediocre forever. I'm really going to miss his 4 int games against Baltimore.

I'm really pulling for another year of 3 AFC North teams in the playoffs. Maybe Cleveland can be the team to bounce the Bengals in the Wildcard this year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The current most hilarious final outcome to the season would be Manziel leading the Browns to victory against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl after Hoyer goes down in the AFC Championship. (In this situation, Romo plays lights out and still gets blamed.) Sadly we don't live in a world where such hilarious things happen.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spacebump posted:

The current most hilarious final outcome to the season would be Manziel leading the Browns to 70-0 defeat against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl after Hoyer goes down in the AFC Championship. (In this situation, Romo plays lights out and everybody pretends they never made criticized him or made fun of him at all.) Sadly we don't live in a world where such hilarious things happen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Last year the most prolific offense in NFL history was held to a single score in the Superbowl and the year before Joe Flacco outplayed Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back playoff games. Our world is plenty funny.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Last year the most prolific offense in NFL history was held to a single score in the Superbowl and the year before Joe Flacco outplayed Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back playoff games. Our world is plenty funny.

Tim Tebow beat the Steelers so badly they still haven't come back from it.

:911: Never forget the 3:16 game.:911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

IT'S OVER IN DENVER!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That clip is entirely ruined by the shot of Elway celebrating on the sidelines.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Baltimore beat Denver that year only because Rahim Moore got clowned :colbert:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

Tim Tebow beat the Steelers so badly they still haven't come back from it.

:911: Never forget the 3:16 game.:911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

IT'S OVER IN DENVER!

Tebow will forever get a pass from me just because of this game. I don't think I've ever laughed harder and seen Steeler fans so speechless.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ozu posted:

Namath owns always and forever. Daryle Lamonica should be in the HoF as well.

They're all just jealous because Namath doesn't want to kiss them

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Denver was only even in that game because of fluke ST touchdowns. :colbert:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Corey Graham's pick-six owned.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

How did no one mention Art Monk?

http://youtu.be/7tlgOMjMWsA?t=16s

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Denver was only even in that game because of fluke ST touchdowns. :colbert:

RIP Trindon Holliday

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens and Broncos in those playoffs was one of the best games I've ever seen period.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Febreeze posted:

Tebow will forever get a pass from me just because of this game. I don't think I've ever laughed harder and seen Steeler fans so speechless.

I drat near gave myself a hernia I laughed so hard. the timing of it, the first goddamn snap in OT after they spent 10 minutes explaining the new OT rules which were instantly made irrelevant was pure loving poetry

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens and Broncos in those playoffs was one of the best games I've ever seen period.

Easily the best game I've ever seen. I couldn't be more biased but I think it rivals the Dolphins/Chargers playoff game for best game in the league's history.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

wheez the roux posted:

I drat near gave myself a hernia I laughed so hard. the timing of it, the first goddamn snap in OT after they spent 10 minutes explaining the new OT rules which were instantly made irrelevant was pure loving poetry

I was at work refreshing the play-by-play text on NFL.com

I did a triple take at "Tebow to Thomas, 80 yards, TD. Broncos win". Immortal words y'all.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

wheez the roux posted:

I have never been happy for a Bronco except on that one fateful day

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wheez the roux posted:

The subsequent trolling of Pittsburgh sports radio was the high water mark of TFF.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wheez the roux posted:

It was the Worst

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

It was the Worst

You are the worst

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

edit: nm

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

The subsequent trolling of Pittsburgh sports radio was the high water mark of TFF.

It's still a drat shame no one on the internets was able to get audio of Kawalimus. He played it perfectly.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Wanvig posted:

It's still a drat shame no one on the internets was able to get audio of Kawalimus. He played it perfectly.

If only the steelers had a dog that thirsts

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I always thought Tebow's throwing motion looked like something else. For years I couldn't think of what, though. I finally had my eureka moment watching that playoff clip.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Eifert Posting posted:

I always thought Tebow's throwing motion looked like something else. For years I couldn't think of what, though. I finally had my eureka moment watching that playoff clip.

Makes sense, they both are spiking the ball

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spacebump posted:

The current most hilarious final outcome to the season would be Manziel leading the Browns to victory against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl after Hoyer goes down in the AFC Championship. (In this situation, Romo plays lights out and still gets blamed.) Sadly we don't live in a world where such hilarious things happen.

Honestly the Browns going 8-8 is their version of the Super Bowl already.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

computer parts posted:

Honestly the Browns going 8-8 is their version of the Super Bowl already.

Their next three games are Jags, Raiders, Buccs. If they're not 6-2 after that, Cleveland should riot

That back half of the schedule though, woof

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Intruder posted:

Their next three games are Jags, Raiders, Buccs. If they're not 6-2 after that, Cleveland should riot

That back half of the schedule though, woof

Part of the fun is seeing who Brian Hoyer truly is.

A lot of people are already crowning him as our "Starting QB", and I'm still not so sure of handing him that crown yet.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

It was the Worst

Even if it was the Broncos if you can't find something wonderful in Tim Tebow beating the Steelers with an 80 yard pass on the first play of overtime then you have no soul

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

FuzzySkinner posted:

Part of the fun is seeing who Brian Hoyer truly is.

A lot of people are already crowning him as our "Starting QB", and I'm still not so sure of handing him that crown yet.

How good is the back up center for the Browns? With Mack being injured, Hoyer might be getting hit a bit more.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Even if it was the Broncos if you can't find something wonderful in Tim Tebow beating the Steelers with an 80 yard pass on the first play of overtime then you have no soul

I don't have the hatred of the Steelers like everyone else seems to. Ben is a piece of poo poo, but I don't really have a reason to hate the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I don't have the hatred of the Steelers like everyone else seems to. Ben is a piece of poo poo, but I don't really have a reason to hate the team

Is there any annoying fans of other teams that reside in San Diego?

Take that and multiply the obnoxiousness times a hundred.

There's your answer.

• Locked thread