Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
managed to get on last night, but matchmaking didn't work, so couldn't do any races.

Finally got a chance to accept the invite to GoonIn60Seconds and got us halfway through level 8 :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

Bruiser posted:

managed to get on last night, but matchmaking didn't work, so couldn't do any races.

Finally got a chance to accept the invite to GoonIn60Seconds and got us halfway through level 8 :D

Level 9 now

I'm finding that if you just leave your game running for a bit eventually it'll log you into the servers. Are they doing some kind of queue system?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
SA: Sormus
PSN: Sormustin

looking for Club because clubs get free poo poo, right?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Meliv posted:

Are they doing some kind of queue system?

That's exactly what they're doing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
They claim 1.04 is out worldwide but I don't see it on PS4 or after booting game.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Patch is appearing for me but fails to download the second i try.

Sigh.

Guess i'll give it half an hour and it might work.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

spudsbuckley posted:

Patch is appearing for me but fails to download the second i try.

Sigh.

Guess i'll give it half an hour and it might work.

My suspicion is that they are running diagnostics like they claim and it (their claim) will affect online intermittently.

If that is the case, maybe stop loving running diagnostics so people can reliably patch. If that's not what's happening, maybe stop being so bad at the Internet?

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
Since Goonin60seconds is full I created GoonIn61Seconds. Club's open.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Fraser CDN posted:

Since Goonin60seconds is full I created GoonIn61Seconds. Club's open.

I thought I was in Goodin60seconds but after the PSN crash last night I'm not, so I've joined this - PSN: JingleBellsUK

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I need to post this here. it's like a massive poo poo I've been holding in and it's starting to hurt. Posting here because Twitter nor their lovely Facebook page are adequate for feedback and far as I can find, an official page/forums does NOT exist.

So, on day 9 of having no online to speak of, they announced a patch 1.04 that supposedly fixed a lot of issues. They claimed it was out worldwide early in the day. (It did not show up for me until 10PM PST. For many folks the download failed many times. They also claimed at this point that even if you downloaded the patch, they were running diagnostics for the next 12 hours and that could affect online. (Smart!!)

Anyway, downloaded patch at 10pm PST. Still could not connect to multiplayer. Server connection rose and fell, but even when connected, the multiplayer lobbies would crumble before launching. Whatever, maybe their poorly-timed 'Diagnostics' were to blame. Went to sleep.

10am PST. One assumes their 12 hour Diagnostics window has finished since they announced that yesterday in the daytime. Still can't even reach the servers. Leave on screen... eventually connects. Multiplayer all day has been 50/50 between successful online matches, time-outs, and mid-race disconnections.

On to the part I wish they actually had a goddamn forums/homepage for. (It's like they are running this out of the back of an unmarked van...)

Multiplayer is exhilarating and fun. Racing humans is fantastic. With caveats. Lots of caveats.

Why is it that a car that has been invisible ALL game appears in front of me (like 2 feet in front of me) to which I hit it (of course!) and get a loving 5 second speed penalty?!

Why is it that a car that has just gone sideways because he's playing like an rear end, RIGHT in front of me, forces me to T-Bone him and... I get a loving 5 second speed penalty?!

Why have you given so much power to the impact of a car in multiplayer? Between dirty racers and the mere fact that the roads are narrow, the possibility that you are going to get hit is 100%. And when you get hit, it's like a goddamn apo-car-lypse. You're lucky if you just hit a wall and end up 3 places behind. More than half the time you'll hit a wall, then find your hood T-boning the wall, where you have to back up, then drive... and come in dead last. Not even single player AI when they bump you do they have this much effect on you.

Can you please in the year of our lord 2014 make it so your awesome interiors of cars are not filled with clipping grass and shrubbery? You would think this would be a top priority given the focus on interior view.

The core racing online is great. It's a clusterfuck, though.

[edit] I will also add that Drafting (if that is what is going on here) is crazy powerful, as I've been at top speed on a straightaway and had the same model car blow past me so fast they are half a city block away in mere seconds.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 17, 2014

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Definitely doesn't help that human players tend to drive like they do in GTA. I've never played forza but GT was the exact same way for me during the first few release months. The positive is it can sometimes make it easy to win.

More people need to join buttclub. It's the best goonclub.

OMGzKakaniz fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 17, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
You know what? I have enough expendable income that I am not really upset about a loss of 49 dollars. But what pisses me off the most is that all Driveclub devs do is post once daily that things are "better now" and then disappear for 24 or more hours until they come back and say the same thing.

How the gently caress is no site reporting on what a goddamn joke this is? Sony won't refund unless you jump through endless hours of phone hoops. The Game Dev doesn't seem to be having a fair and open communication with the jilted customers. The worst part is feeling like it's totally acceptable for folks to just go. YEAH YOU PAID US, SORRY IT DOESN'T WORK I GUESS JUST BE PATIENT and not having an outlet or place to be heard on the matter.

It's frustrating as gently caress.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

I'm curious to see if they give any form of compensation. Not that I absolutely need it, but I believe it would be deserved. I really enjoy this game. When online works, even in solo races, seeing the face-offs are a blast. I think Driveclub is a good game underneath all of its problems. Also think Evolution Studios are absolutely clueless as to what they're doing. I agree the facebook responses are ridiculous, but I seriously think they have no idea how to fix this issue.

With all that being said, the DLC sounds great but this has completely turned me off to that idea... and can you imagine when they even do open up the ps+ edition? If the servers are terrible now I can only even imagine what hell it will be.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Were the pre-order bonuses for this game limited to the US, and were they just three retailer-specific car packs?

I was going to buy the EU PSN version, but since I wasn't amazed by the demo at EGX I decided to put it off, just get the PS+ version and save my money for Project CARS in November (that turned out well).

I'm just like to know because the 25 cars you got in GT6's bundle removed most of the grinding for the main events, but I don't know how much of an issue progression is in this game. I think I will hold off until it's been discounted by 33%, or the weather patch has come out. I'm not even hugely into online games, but being part of a club should reduce the amount of grinding necessary.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
I've been connected to the servers all day today, maybe our troubles are over.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pindakaas posted:

I've been connected to the servers all day today, maybe our troubles are over.

I mean, they are certainly improving. At least now. More than half (maybe even 3/4) of the days since launch the game's online was DOA. Now it's more of a coin toss.

Such a shame these first weeks have to occupy them with these issues rather than collecting feedback on actual gameplay issues and tweaks they could/should eventually resolve.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I actually saw the Challenges menu open up for a brief moment earlier. I couldn't actually send any, but it seems like progress.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

Online has been great for me for most of the day. Had one race where I was knocked into a wall and dropped into 9/10. I ended up in first at the very last second due to a huge car pile up at the finish line. Was the first time I saw a Driveclub car flip in the air. It was interesting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So now that online is at least reliable enough for us to be experiencing it occasionally, I have to ask because I'm curious. The Face-offs. What is their social relevance? Are they: People from within the race I'm doing? (Because they certainly are not friends I know.) Are they just pulled from the best times/corners/drifts in actual live races? (Because none of them seem THAT impressively hard so far...)

I want to know what I'm besting. A friend? A random stranger who will never know or care? The world's best cornerer of that corner?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Apparently there is also a club called Gonein61Seconds, because I've joined that. Oops.
I'll join the real 61 Second club when I log on next.

PSN: Moootallica

Regarding the Face Offs, I am absolutely 100% it's random. Simply because I don't have any friends on PSN for it to pull from and I was getting the face offs (for the first time!) today.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus, Dat Hennessey on straights.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I think it's even more fun in the corners, it drifts like a beauty.

I actually think the easiest way to gain fame in the game is to take it to Tamul Nadu 2 and just drift around each corner; you can easily make 10k a lap from the drift points alone.

As for face-offs, at least when solo it appears to generate 3 or 4 ones per event (although there's the potential for much more on the same track), and the score targets seem to be based on the car you're driving at the time (this is the same with ghosts, other players ghosts are always in the same car as you), starting with the worst score on the leaderboards and increasing it to the person-just-above-you as you out perform it.

I think the ones online might be the people in the race at the time, but I'm not positive.

Aishan fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 19, 2014

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
SA: Thaxxas
PSN Thaxxas

Just joined GoonIn61Seconds. Haven't tried online yet due to horror stories but i'm having fun with the solo stuff so far.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Congratulations Ghost Squad, we now have every (club) car!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Oh boy. :geno:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Not that it matters offline though, can't get past the performance cup to save my life.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aishan posted:

Congratulations Ghost Squad, we now have every (club) car!

Game over? (lol)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
BTW: Sorry for all the Logo Fuckery. As we unlock more poo poo, I experiment. :)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
no big, I just have to change my racing number when you do it is all.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Twibbit posted:

no big, I just have to change my racing number when you do it is all.

Oh. Had no idea it messed with that. Well, sorry. :)

If it makes you feel any better it only happens on the 5's and 10's. (i.e.: not again until we hit Level 20.)

I got my eye on that skull in a crown. Too bad there's no actual ghosts...

(oh at Level 50 there's this Transformer/Galacticus looking face that is pretty boss.)

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
drat the catch-up logic on single player is obvious. I did the Scotland Open (which I can pretty consistently win but only by a second or so) where one of the challenges is to get a clean lap so I just sat there for 25 seconds, then raced an extremely conservative lap that took me over 2 minutes when my normal lap time is about 1:45. I raced the next two normally and was able to finish 3rd, with 1 and 2 just a second or so ahead of me.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
SA: Vagina Jones
PSN: Kaiwero

Looking to try out racing on the PS4 since deciding to not go for Xbox / Forza route, used to race a bit a wee while back with goons in Forza 4 as Rigel 7 but dammit if PSN names based on that are all gone.

NZ based as well.

Sent a request through to Goonin61 if that's alright.

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

So now that online is at least reliable enough for us to be experiencing it occasionally, I have to ask because I'm curious. The Face-offs. What is their social relevance? Are they: People from within the race I'm doing? (Because they certainly are not friends I know.) Are they just pulled from the best times/corners/drifts in actual live races? (Because none of them seem THAT impressively hard so far...)

I was challenged to beat someone's average speed on a section yesterday: 1655.0 mph. Now THAT's impressively hard.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

wooly posted:

I was challenged to beat someone's average speed on a section yesterday: 1655.0 mph. Now THAT's impressively hard.

There's a bug mixing up speed and drift scores occasionally.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Feenix posted:

There's a bug mixing up speed and drift scores occasionally.

I managed to get online once before the last patch came out, it instantly upped the target score on the drift challenge I was doing to 4294967295 - I was struggling to get about 6000 at the time :saddowns:

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.
It took about 4-5 hours of bitching on the phone, and a complaint filed with the BBB, but:

quote:

Hello Gothmog,

After reviewing your previous request for a refund of DriveClub, SCEA, LLC has decided to refund your PlayStation(R) Network account as a gesture of goodwill.

Please allow 3 business days to see the refund to process.

Thank you,
Some dude
SCEA, LLC

The all-digital future may suck a bit right now, but complaining may actually help them get it right.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Gothmog posted:

It took about 4-5 hours of bitching on the phone, and a complaint filed with the BBB, but:

The all-digital future may suck a bit right now, but complaining may actually help them get it right.

Test if the game is still launch-able. Mine is still working well enough that I'm not quite ready for a refund, but Im curious if they ever sorted out their license revoking?

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.

Feenix posted:

Test if the game is still launch-able. Mine is still working well enough that I'm not quite ready for a refund, but Im curious if they ever sorted out their license revoking?

I can check when I get home, but I just noticed that I now have $49.99 credit and that Driveclub has an expiration of 10/20/2014 in my purchase history.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Gothmog posted:

I can check when I get home, but I just noticed that I now have $49.99 credit and that Driveclub has an expiration of 10/20/2014 in my purchase history.

Hmmm, maybe they got on their game with that! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I should have all of the names posted in the OP now. I've been on vacation for a few days now. Apparently online is working? CAN IT BE?

• Locked thread