Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

arbybaconator posted:

I should have all of the names posted in the OP now. I've been on vacation for a few days now. Apparently online is working? CAN IT BE?

I fixed my settings, can you update the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

arbybaconator posted:

I should have all of the names posted in the OP now. I've been on vacation for a few days now. Apparently online is working? CAN IT BE?

It works in that you can get connected. As of this morning it was still like 75/25 in favor of failing to join multiplayer lobbies as it tries to get you ready to roll.

"We can see that the majority of you can now get online, but we know that at peak times of the day it can still be hard to get connected, so we are still working to improve connectivity with every update to the servers.

We can also see that when you do get connected, some of you are having a hard time getting into multiplayer races and that posting leaderboard results can sometimes take a lot longer than you'd expect.

These connectivity issues stem from the same unforeseen server problem that we've been working to get on top of since we launched DRIVECLUB, and while we are getting on top of the problem now, we are still working round the clock to keep improving gameplay for you. This means there will be regular server updates in the coming days to get all of you connected and enjoying all of DRIVECLUB all of the time.

We will continue to keep you up to speed with the improvements we make and would like to thank you again for all of your feedback and messages about your time with the game so far - please keep them coming."

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 20, 2014

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
Just so you know, I'm going to leave GoonIn60Seconds because I've kind of lost the taste for this game after all that's happened. Sorry I didn't get to drive with you guys

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.

Feenix posted:

Hmmm, maybe they got on their game with that! :)

So I can still play, but couldn't get online (surprise surprise). I was having a ton of PSN issues so who know if it was the network or the license that was stopping me from online.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGq2RoWUeo

so one, look at all the people that vanish either before the race starts, or during the race,

Two: Tell me how to race good and stuff

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Twibbit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGq2RoWUeo

so one, look at all the people that vanish either before the race starts, or during the race,

Two: Tell me how to race good and stuff

1) That poo poo is distracting, especially when the dudes right in front of you just... vanish. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but that's going to bug the poo poo out of me.

2) I am by no means an expert or even very good at this game but I'll try to help. Stop using the walls to help you corner. It may not look or feel like it but you scrub off a lot of speed every time you touch a wall. You also have a brake. It's the L2 button. Ideally You want to brake approaching a corner from the outside lane, turn into that fucker at the optimal speed, apex that poo poo like nobodies business and accelerate out. It's easier said than done but with practice its gets easier and gives you the warm and fuzzies when you nail it. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. IT's carrying speed through corners that wins races in my opinion and properly braking and apexing a corner allows you to carry far more speed than bouncing off of or riding the wall. Also, keep it out of the rhubarbs. As far as I can tell the sand, gravel and vegetation to the sides of most tracks also slow you down so try to keep out of it as much as possible.

I've only been playing single player but everything I've said should apply online aswell. Passing someone by out braking them and nailing an apex for me is one of the really rewarding feelings in online racing.

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

Life and music: all about style.
SA: Thelonious Monk
PSN: pleomorphique

I'm not good, but would still like to join a club.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
There's still one spot open in GoonIn61Seconds. Search clubs and join. It was open to anyone when i joined so you shouldn't need an invite or anything.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

SA: Sprat Sandwich
PSN: grandediabolik

Looking to join a cool club for cool cars.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Thaxxas posted:

There's still one spot open in GoonIn61Seconds. Search clubs and join. It was open to anyone when i joined so you shouldn't need an invite or anything.

I took that spot yesterday - in as Moootallica

advion
Jul 25, 2005
SA: advion PSN: advian

I sent a request to join goonin60.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Soooo, what's the general consensus on this game? I've been thinking about getting it, but the over all reviews for this has been iffy. I'm looking for a racing game, but I don't know whether to grab this in the interim - or wait till The Crew comes out and hope that it's better.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Stringbean posted:

Soooo, what's the general consensus on this game? I've been thinking about getting it, but the over all reviews for this has been iffy. I'm looking for a racing game, but I don't know whether to grab this in the interim - or wait till The Crew comes out and hope that it's better.
I'm still waiting for the PS+ version to try it out for free.
Hopefully before Christmas...?

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

advion posted:

SA: advion PSN: advian

I sent a request to join goonin60.

I also sent a request for goonin60seconds

Psn: pleomorphique

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Stringbean posted:

DriveClub doesn't look all that great but The Crew is an out-and-out piece of poo poo. So, if you HAVE to pick one or the other, go with DriveClub.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Especially since Project Cars has been pushed back to around Easter next year :suicide:

At present I only have Fifa for PS4 so between this and NHL 15 I am destined to buy a bad game in the near future.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
Anyone going to be racing tonight?

Want to get in with my Goonin60 peeps or... gently caress it, anygoon really.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I'll be on when I get home from work. Probably 7 or 7:30 EST. I haven't played any multiplayer yet but its on my todo list for this weekend. Add me to your friends list and hit me up.

edit: I plan on being messed right up when I get at it aswell so I can't guarantee there wont be any.... incidental contact between myself and anyone I play with.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Thaxxas posted:

I'll be on when I get home from work. Probably 7 or 7:30 EST. I haven't played any multiplayer yet but its on my todo list for this weekend. Add me to your friends list and hit me up.

edit: I plan on being messed right up when I get at it aswell so I can't guarantee there wont be any.... incidental contact between myself and anyone I play with.

Hah, I plan on being hammered.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
SA: Poison Jam
PSN: PoisonJamSA

Literally none of my friends have this so I'm essentially playing single player. I sent a request to Goonin60seconds as well.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SA: ijyt PSN: ijyt

I can't believe this game is actually out.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

SA: bmb5150 PSN: bmb5150

Waiting around for online to be functional so I can race online and have single player almost done except for a few challenges I can't do right now.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Edit: never mind, returned game. So broken.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 28, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Think I'm going to take the plunge tomorrow, I've been waiting for the online to be functional and I have an itch for so.e racing.

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

Are there hackers in this game already? How on earth do you get over 2000 mph in a speed showdown what the gently caress guys.

Also, does anyone else have trouble with the AI running you off the road?

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
I'd love to have one race online where I'm runing in a decent POS and I'm not completely rammed into by poo poo heads.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Thelonious Monk posted:

Are there hackers in this game already? How on earth do you get over 2000 mph in a speed showdown what the gently caress guys.

Sometimes the challenges get mixed up, so you set average-speed challenges with your drift or cornering score.

Thelonious Monk
Apr 2, 2008

Aishan posted:

Sometimes the challenges get mixed up, so you set average-speed challenges with your drift or cornering score.

This is truly next gen.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Apparently they upgraded the servers again this weekend, has there been a noticeable difference?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My experiences consist of about 40-60% of matches failing to connect after a ridiculous wait in the lobby. One round I was alone so I was like, poo poo whatever, guaranteed first, only to find I was a DNF, however, people with times longer than me finished, (WTF?)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Grabbed the game today and the Season Pass because I'm a sucker for DLC. PSN: RadValtar

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Anyone have an open spot in any clubs?

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
I'll send you an invite to my club, most of the people seem to have stopped playing already tho. Why is there a 6 people limit on these things?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

this thread's kinda sad :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Great Joe posted:

this thread's kinda sad :(

Game's kinda sad. It's a solid racer that I could give two fucks about anymore because it's been a month and it got served on a plate undercooked and the best you could do is pick at the edges. Now I'm not hungry and I'm ready to just do something else.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I played again yesterday and I did like the community challenges that popped up in game. Except the ones where someone got apparently 5000 mph for the speed challenges?

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
It's a cool racing game! It's just that no one in your club is ever online. So you hop on, do a few races after muting everyone because they're all screaming in arabic anyway, and then just... move onto something else because none of your friends have this game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

What about the single player? Do they at least have a nice little campaign?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I haven't played since saturday, is the online stuff fixed yet? I didn't mind the single player campaign but I've only got a couple events left to do and i don't have any desire to replay the ones I've done. I've been waiting for the online component to be a little more reliable before i get to racing some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
they posted a patch to improve multiplayer today. and it made me crash in the racing lobby immediately. but that could just be a fluke.

• Locked thread