Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Evil Mastermind posted:

by Kelly Turnbull of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things

This is definitely not :mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For a let's play to burnout, this one got really far and was really entertaining. My wife and I are eagerly hoping that the conclusion is still forthcoming.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

For a let's play to burnout, this one got really far and was really entertaining. My wife and I are eagerly hoping that the conclusion is still forthcoming.

She beat the game. Did you miss the last update?

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Fae, you should really update the OP

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

It's not over until we see a perfect score at horseback archery. :getin:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nihilarian posted:

... Yes, I did. I quit following the thread a while back when I got behind one weekend and from then on started mashing :f5: on the OP. :blush:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

OmegaGoo posted:

Fae, you should really update the OP

I just did that! There are still a couple of bonus updates to be recorded so this thread isn't technically over yet but the main storyline is over and done with!

Speaking of things that are over and done with, Artix beat Chaos Mode a day after I beat OoT and if you haven't seen it yet I really recommend it, its a very silly experience!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks Fae! :buddy:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I thought you were actually blind and were going to be playing the game based off of sounds. I started thinking about how good the sound cues in Ocarina are and wondering if it could be done. Thanks for shattering my dreams, I hope your LP loving fails (not really).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dylguy90 posted:

I thought you were actually blind and were going to be playing the game based off of sounds. I started thinking about how good the sound cues in Ocarina are and wondering if it could be done. Thanks for shattering my dreams, I hope your LP loving fails (not really).

I told a friend of mine I was following a Blind LP of OoT and she assumed the same thing. Apparently someone actually did it.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

dylguy90 posted:

This was actually done by a blind person with the help of planning from the speedrunner community. There's also a blindfolded speedrun that was done earlier this year. It's only the child dungeons but it's worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHMW_atNG4

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
There's a few other blindfold runs on youtube, including all skullutas and 100%. Highly entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf31vbZO8yo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4a1VNe1g0I

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
I really enjoyed this LP.

Imagine, then, how distraught I was to find that you started another thread two weeks ago and I just found out about it now!

Since you have too much class to pimp your new threads in your old threads, I'll do it for you. Hey everyone who keeps up with bookmarked threads but doesn't survey the list of threads, Fae started another LP It's about ants I suppose.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Guys, Pikmin is great :3: go watch me be bad at it!

Meanwhile in Hyrule, ChaosArgate and I just finished recording a bonus video! I really hope you guys like watching me try to aim a bow for ten straight minutes!

gently caress the training grounds

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for mentioning the Pikmin thread, I'd somehow missed it. Keep going Fae! :3:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

This LP was life-altering.

In the interest of science, I've been greeting every animal, big and small, wild and tame, feathered or furred or whatever, with a hearty "Hi, friend!" My family and I went to a farm the other day, and I hummed Epona's Song at anyone with hooves.

I didn't get any free milk, but I did get some weird looks from the horses and cows. :horse:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, which one of you bought this SA ad?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Okay, which one of you bought this SA ad?

None of us, because it's just more Aggro-Gator spam. Also it's a ripoff of an existing at that was for... I don't know. I don't think that one was also Aggro-Gator because Aggro-Gator SA ads are loving stupid.

Did I mention I hate Aggro-Gator's ads

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Cheez posted:

None of us, because it's just more Aggro-Gator spam. Also it's a ripoff of an existing at that was for... I don't know. I don't think that one was also Aggro-Gator because Aggro-Gator SA ads are loving stupid.

Did I mention I hate Aggro-Gator's ads

It's really not worth worrying about that stuff, anyway. These Yahoos should simply finally accept their secret Houyhnhnm overlords.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:siren:Bonus Time!:siren:

Did I hear people wanted totally rad bonus content? Well, I can't give you that, but here's the first half of my frustrating jaunt into Gerudo Training Grounds!

Bonus 9 - Epona? with ChaosArgate

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Faerie Fortune posted:

:siren:Bonus Time!:siren:

Did I hear people wanted totally rad bonus content? Well, I can't give you that, but here's the first half of my frustrating jaunt into Gerudo Training Grounds!

Bonus 9 - Epona? with ChaosArgate

I only just started watching and I'm already mad that you leave half your arrows un-shot every time you do the archery minigame. I'm ready to yell at you over the internet for inconsequential things.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

If you peer into the abyss, a giant boulder bears down on you.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh my god. Oh my god.

Six weeks of not playing the game on top of your already amazing archery skills delivered a truly glorious video :allears:

And you weren't even half done. This will be wonderful.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, the remaining things aren't things she usually has trouble with, so I have faith.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I wish more Zelda's had a training grounds type place. A kind of open dungeon filled with challenge rooms is really cool.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Ocarina of Time's optional dungeon has nice varied challenges and puzzles, but most of the other 3D games have at least some sort of optional challenge dungeon. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both have a bunch of combat rooms in a row with no (or few) hearts spawning, for instance. Skyward Sword has the Boss Rush Mode. Majora's Mask had it's challenge (spoilers). Haven't played the handheld ones.

I will agree that the Gerudo Training Grounds is one of the better ones though. Puzzles AND combat is great, although a pure combat challenge might have been nice too. I spent a lot of time getting through the challenges in the other games, and had a lot of fun doing so.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:siren:Update Time:siren:

Bonus 10 - I'm Still Not Doing The Bottle Quest

and that's it. That is the final recording session I will ever have for Ocarina of Time, meaning that this LP is officially over! I still have the Lost Episode to do and there will be a fishing stream soon since I'm getting an internet upgrade and that'll be a fun way to celebrate but that's it.

I want to thank everyone for following along with me on this experience, and to all of you who posted fanart, encouragement and just in general contributed to the thread and the LP! This was my first real LP and it was some of the most fun I've ever had. You all rule and I love you :3:

Also a big big thanks to ChaosArgate, who has patiently and kindly sat with me for 60+ episodes and been a lovely co-commentator, Navi, and a good friend too! I don't think I'd have gotten as far as I have without his patient guidance, and the encouragement of everyone who joined me for commentary!

Thanks, friends! It was a pleasure to entertain you!

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget. Majora's Mask will begin in October, on the 1st anniversary of this thread! I will be joined for that by my ever-faithful Navi, ChaosArgate and Actual Trickster God Artix as my permanent helpers! See you then!

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 22, 2015

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
:toot:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Thank you so much for this LP, Fae! I can't wait to see you take on Majora's Mask.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you for the LP.

Now that you've gotten good at Zelda, I suggest a small challenge for Majora's Mask: never pick up any heart containers or heart pieces. :getin:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thank you for the LP.

Now that you've gotten good at Zelda, I suggest a small challenge for Majora's Mask: never pick up any heart containers or heart pieces. :getin:

Do not, under any circumstances, actually do this.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

goodness guys, I've got poor impulse control but even I'm not dumb enough to do a blind, three heart run of Majora's Mask just because the internet suggested it!

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Especially since you get pieces of heart for many of the sidequests, so you'd have to go out of your way to avoid exploring too much if you wanted to do that, and that would take all the joy out of the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Let's not talk too much about Majora's Mask yet.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

goodness guys, I've got poor impulse control but even I'm not dumb enough to do a blind, three heart run of Majora's Mask just because the internet suggested it!

CD-I Zelda marathon, doooo it.

God no sorry I don't know what lack of sleep is making me type

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Carbon dioxide posted:

A) I don't know what about this LP made you think Fae is good at 3D Zelda and B) I don't think we would ever beat the third boss.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

If you're sad that this thread is over and still haven't gotten enough of me playing videogames for the first time, here's a reminder that I am playing every Pikmin game blind right here with my good buddy gnome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A very belated congratulations on getting through this classic, Fae, and I'm looking forward to starting in on your Pikmin videos.

Also, the world really needs more friendship ninjas, even if they have to be friendship princesses too.

• Locked thread