Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

I guess, if indeed, all the violent stuff is depicted now.
in the original, everytime a gruesome thing happened, it was a black screen with red splashes thrown onto it.

does this mean we get to see the Bad End random shark death in full glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/MISONOxMIKA/status/1698376899527856586?s=20

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
https://youtu.be/vF-ufWNtZ88

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/kohakudoori/status/1706796383808684222

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Friends, CCC patch is out

https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2023/12/08/fate-extra-ccc-english-patch-released/

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It is time for the winter of BB

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Well, English Mahoyo is on Steam.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I remember playing this Back In The Day and using some blog to translate it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
A pretty good ways into CCC and while there are some things about it that don't fully land for me on the whole it's been a lot of fun and I feel pretty comfortable saying it's at least the funniest a T-M work has been outside of maybe hollow ataraxia (including Carnival Phantasm).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://x.com/karoshimyriad/status/1741474291340984765?s=46&t=muxNUhW_7hGxZBXXhGDh8g

Need this movie out right now tbh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Like I'm not even expecting this to work as a standalone feature film really as much as an excuse to see the big scenes of the VN animated, similar to UBW 2010 in a way.

But drat does it look gorgeous.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh man.
ufotable Tsukihime anime in the future?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GateOfD posted:

oh man.
ufotable Tsukihime anime in the future?

Please!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The fact that there's no date on it despite it having been announced for a year now is mildly disconcerting

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Since we reached the 20th Anniversary for FSN, a stream with Noriaki Sugiyama, Ayako Kawasumi, Kana Ueda, and Noriko Shitaya is scheduled for tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gjacIvpWI

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Give me F/SN remake with Rider route.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Medea route.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ayako route.

For Rin.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Medea route.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hellioning posted:

Ayako route.

For Rin.

Also this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Medea route.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1752311320542859307

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: beaten

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder why Playstation is being left out tbh.

Also I feel kinda bad for Fbates, but I hope they port their patch to Steam version.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_hHrpAp8rU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Finally a properly translated misogyny.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
If they got whoever translated Mahoyo to do this as well I'll be quite happy (on a slight tangent, it is kind of ridiculous that the translator is as far as I can tell completely uncredited). I picked it up in the December Steam sale to check it out in English since the last time I read it was like 7 years ago and thought the translation successfully brought out a lot of what is great about Nasu's writing, both in narration and character voice. There are an annoying amount of typos, but it seems like they've been updating the game to remove those which is nice.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Finally, "Altria" will be undisputably canon

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I can't believe we will actually have an entry point to the Fate series that does not come with a "but". (Well except this version might not have the original OP but the PSVita ones, but that's mostly sad rather than bad)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nyaa posted:

Finally a properly translated misogyny.

New thread title

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Oh good it be on steam. That way they can mod the h-scenes back in to make a complete edition.
Can’t watch the trailer yet but is there a set date release?

Oh nvm, F/SN, thought it was a steam release for the Tsukihime remake.

I’m fine with my current version of F/SN

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 30, 2024

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Next Strange Fake volume cover

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how many years till the next OVA episode though

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

GateOfD posted:

how many years till the next OVA episode though

It will not be an OVA, it will be a full TV anime series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDXVO0dLHc

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Got a question about Fate/Samurai Remnnant and I guess this is the only thread it's on topic besides the RPG one. From what I heard you should hoard Skill Gems to give to the Rogue Servants cause some of them are available only for certain parts of the story and then you need to NG+ to get them again, and some of Iori's skills are locked behind getting X skills on Y Servant? Which are the ones to watch out for with as little spoilers as possible?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Got a question about Fate/Samurai Remnnant and I guess this is the only thread it's on topic besides the RPG one. From what I heard you should hoard Skill Gems to give to the Rogue Servants cause some of them are available only for certain parts of the story and then you need to NG+ to get them again, and some of Iori's skills are locked behind getting X skills on Y Servant? Which are the ones to watch out for with as little spoilers as possible?

Rogue Saber has the shortest showing of the lot and only appears when certain conditions are met.
All of them except Rogue Caster temporarily leave at a certain main story point. Rogue Berserker doesn't come back.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So I've got a question about... I guess just a general question about the studio and their works, I know more writers get involved over time than just Nasu.

I've just finished FSN, all routes, and I was pretty into it until the part of Heaven's Feel that dropped yeah, Sakura just got raped by every surviving man in her family for a while on me, which kinda soured me on the route as a whole. Mostly I think the reason this one catches me is that everything prior was basically just a shonen level adventure story and suddenly they slam that into me over and over and over.

If I go on from here into other works, are there any I'm gonna want to avoid for similar reasons, is this a singular time that card gets played, should I just stop here? Kinda unsure how to go investigating this without spoiling further games for myself.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

It’s okay, everyone knows UBW is the best route

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The original Tsukihime has that same thing happen both explicitly and implied. I've never read the remake so I'm not sure if they kept a certain scene with the titular heroine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

claw game handjob posted:

So I've got a question about... I guess just a general question about the studio and their works, I know more writers get involved over time than just Nasu.

I've just finished FSN, all routes, and I was pretty into it until the part of Heaven's Feel that dropped yeah, Sakura just got raped by every surviving man in her family for a while on me, which kinda soured me on the route as a whole. Mostly I think the reason this one catches me is that everything prior was basically just a shonen level adventure story and suddenly they slam that into me over and over and over.

If I go on from here into other works, are there any I'm gonna want to avoid for similar reasons, is this a singular time that card gets played, should I just stop here? Kinda unsure how to go investigating this without spoiling further games for myself.

IIRC that spoiler does not come up for any other Fate game, but Tsukihime has similar trauma (nowhere near as detailed).

Fate/Zero, as a prequel, has a character who tries to stop that spoiler and fails, which makes it much harder to read and/or watch.