Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Prisma Ilya gave us an awesome new version of Emiya, so at least there's that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2f7DfFUv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sakura is giving me the creeps more in this ufotable version than she has in anything else I've seen or read. Like, they really emphasized the lack of pupils and empty eyes and just some of the scenes are doing a great job of showing how fragile her state is; like especially that bit with her and Shirou leaving the house, even Shirou came across as unnerved by how off she was.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Even though it was a patched in Ending, and Fate is by far my least favorite, End of the Dream owns a whole bunch. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aShk40wOGQc

That music gets me everytime!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sylphid posted:

Was in a big department store in Tokyo today, saw this poster on the wall of one of the stores.

Really wish I could have bought it. I like how Shirou is the smallest character in the image.

Man I'd like a NIS style type-moon TRPG. Battlemoon wars is fun and all, but the mechanics could use some polish.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

If you aren't a Food Network enthusiast, FSN may not be for you.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Archer is a result of Carnival Phantasm continuity.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Kayneth deserves it though, gently caress the mages society in general

Kiritsugu was doing god's work by taking them out.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah they're a pretty sensible organization in the larger picture of the world, but given all of the shenanigans and oddball poo poo going on in all of the Type-mooniverse, they'd pretty much execute the whole cast of just about every show. Then again, the mages guild isn't really much better, I mean people like Shirou would've been a labrat or simply sealed for having a loving reality marble.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ilya :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78EKF80QhGo

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

also nanaya owns and has lots of really flashy combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_O4LGo1yBc

Nanaya beating Ryougi?

*walls of spergy text about type moon power levels*

but yeah, melty blood games are a lot of fun!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Zouken looks like lancer

Would certainly explain his tragic as hell ending

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

prisma ilya gave us a cool new version of emiya and uhhh...

yeah that's pretty much it

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I didn't really like that, because I thought it was more or less explicitly stated that Ea is the most powerful thing ever (and is also alien or something), as evidenced by the fact that Shirou is unable to trace it. The UBW end works because Shirou won due to taking advantage of Gilgamesh's arrogance, but in Fate Gilgamesh just loses despite using his strongest ability.

eh, avalon is like fairy magic though? so I mean, I don't think it's that crazy that it could overcome an alien artifact :v: it's not like powerlevels poo poo means much at all in this franchise anyway

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

My favorite part about this is that if the worms' host is male it eats their bone marrow/part of their brain and shatters their spine, but if it's female it...gives them mind-blowing orgasms.

I just looked this up on the type-moon wiki, and specifically it says: "When it is a female, they absorb the mental energy created after sexual stimulation is made through the nervous system. Usually don't consume the flesh of women, but the uterus is their favorite meals. Will eat the placenta after giving its victim sexual pleasure strong enough to fry the nerves of the brain." I guess if you have to die, that's one of the better options. Also, women apparently produce much more horny energy than men.

I think it's strange because Gilgamesh should have had Avalon in his Gate of Babylon and known about it as a result; I mean it's the scabbard for Excalibur, and I'm pretty sure Excalibur (and literally every other noble phantasm ever) was in his treasury. It would be one thing if Gilgamesh just had "a whole lot of Noble Phatasms", but he's supposed to have literally every single one with Ea being objectively the best one of all.

This only really bugs me because of how explicit I remember them being about the abilities of Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon and Ea.

but it's the original avalon so it wouldn't be in the gates of babylon

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Compendium posted:

Tbf, this one is my favorite. Lotta good fanart of this pairing.

Like so:

that'll work well for a phone bg thanks!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

For real? drat, dude. Respect.

Like father like son, I guess? :v: Kiritsugu's mystic code is p bonkers.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

that is the best saber yet, in keeping with all other saber's voracious appetites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

i was thinking about checking out fgo

but fallout shelter is on android now