Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
You'd think Tohsaka would know but who knows honestly, Kotomine might have kept her in the dark about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

KoB posted:

Why is Archer so good? Tohsaka seemed glad he got archer/Gil too. But then I thought Saber was the "strongest" class?

I guess that neither show has had an archer be Archer either.

If I remember right Tohsaka wasn't really glad at all gil was an archer. As far as the archer class it's a pretty normal class. It's one of the 4 knight classes so they are usually good at the combat but they need to stay at range. I think one of the extra material for zero said that the 4 knight classes had some rock scisor paper logic to them but in reality it seems it never works because all the heroes pull out some bullshit.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

GodFish posted:

Doesn't he admit that it wouldn't actually do anything, but he just wanted to do it for satisfaction?

Yes. Archer just hates Shirous guts. Thats why he wants to kill him. He wishes it'd erase himself too but he knows it won't do anything. The reason he saved him in this scene is because he hasn't gone over to the point of hating him enough to kill him.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Only guess I've heard people make of archer so far is he's some japanese hero nobody has heard about. Which is surprisingly accurate.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

After the watching the recent UBW episode all I can ask is, why exactly was Caster doing jack poo poo in the fate route again? I mean she's a non-factor for most of it and then she randomly takes a trip down the hill before the endgame in an attempt to stab Saber and gets herself killed. Was that ever explained?

She was waiting for saber to kill berserker because she didn't want to deal with him.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah, If berserker wasn't recovering right now, in the fate route he would probably be banging on the temple doors asking caster kindly to come out and fight. Assassin would rudely ask him to leave sadly.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Wait how is he better than Kariya Matou? The guy at least tried to do good.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
If I remember right Sakura being Rins sister is a big reveal too in HF but all the animes pretty much straight out say it at one point. I'm sure at this rate UBW anime will reveal it too for some reason.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

So let me see if I've got this right. Shirou has a natural affinity for projection, which is normally pretty useless. But because he had excalibur's sheath inside him for most of his life, he became attuned to swords and by extension weapons in general. So, he can create swords and such far beyond what projection is normally capable of at the cost of being incompetent at all other forms of magic. Two possible end states for his ability are Archer's reality marble and HF's weirdness where his body turned into swords.

If I remember right some of the bad endings in fate and UBW routes had Shirou bleed out swords too when he got hurt. So Shirou is a sword in all routes.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The impression I had is that the great families can decide who is master but the grail will do it automatically if they don't. Who chose Ryuunosuke Uryuu to be master if it's not up to the grail?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

dudermcbrohan posted:

The true end does. Good end very much less so.

The only happy ending in heavens feel is mind of steel. :colbert:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Honest Ray posted:

So why does Enkidu qualify as Lancer and not Berserker going by the source material?

Some heroes have multiple class options to get summoned as. Cu Chulainn for example could be summoned as a caster, archer, berserker or lancer.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 1, 2015

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Aumanor posted:

You've written "lancer" twice there. I'm also not certain about him being possible to be summoned as Archer, got any source on that?

No source, I'm mostly basing it on the fact that he used a sling apparently in one of his legends.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Wasn't gil reincarnated by the grail? Why would he need mana to stay around?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Continuing a discussion from the UBW anime thread about non-Western heroes:

EMIYA is Japanese. Sasaki Kojiro is Japanese. (Apocrypha spoilers) Shirou Amakusa is Japanese, and was summoned in the Third War, before Darnic modified the Grail. The Grail doesn't seem to have much of a problem summoning Japanese Heroic Spirits.

On the the other hand, there aren't any Chinese or Indian Servants in Fuyuki Grail Wars that we know about, although the Moon Cell Grail War has a bunch, and Apocrypha has one.

There still don't seem to be any Servants from sub-Saharan Africa or the Americas, though.

Sasaki Kojiro isn't a heroic spirit.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
who?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Isn't this pretty much the official answer? Shiki would have a hell of a time trying to get a hit in, but he'd just need one to basically obliterate the Servant from existence, basically.

e: also HF being a three-hour movie kinda eases my worries, they can easily fit in everything after poo poo goes down in 3 hours

Since the things the grail summon are just copies from the throne of heroes, I doupt the originals would be affected by Shiki stabbing the copy to death.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I'm not really sure what Kiritsugu could have done better beyond never joining the war at all. The whole mass burning and death thing would have happened no matter who had won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
shirou is fine if he goes for the mind of steel good ending