Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is F/HA even worth slogging through at this point? I've waited so long that I have a really hard time bringing myself to give a poo poo now that it's actually out. Read like 2 hours worth back when the partial patch was released and Bazett was cool but I stil don't know if I want to bother.

It's like a more sane version of Carnival Phantasm with a few serious moment and badass servant battles. Some of Carnival Phantasm's episodes/scenes are based on scenes from F/HA. Lots of fun mini-games. Bersercar

Carnival Phantasm should be watched/watch-again after F/HA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I also like Sakura a lot more in the anime. This newly ignited adoration is gonna hurt when HF comes out.

Beef Waifu posted:

I also just like, don't like how Shinji is handled in pretty much every route.
It can't be helped with the removal of a route where he's supposed to plays out his redemption/better-characterization.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Eej posted:

I don't think nasu would be brave enough to write a story about how the main character teamed up with a classmate who repeatedly raped his own sister for years but he's OK now because <reasons>.
I decided to look up spoiler for Fate/CCC on Shinji where he's forced to work with the protagonist for once, which I believe is the implyed scenario of Shinji in the removed route. Even though this Shinji is 'different' from our Shinji, he acts exactly the same and written by Nasu, so I will guess it counts for the redemption argument. He redeemed in his own way.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Silver2195 posted:

Not really comparable, since Extra!Shinji is actually 8 years old.
Yes, I know. But he's still the 8 years old Shinji that Archer remark as the good-natured at heart version , which I wonder if his design was an allusion to child Gilgamesh

Edit: To expand on this reasoning, beside him behaving exactly like the evil Shinji regardless of Archer's comment, I'm assuming he is being gradually changed in each route like Shirou's theme of evolving ideal, which would lead him to a 'slightly better-nature' version as seen in UBW that would eventually match this 'good-natured' version of Shinji in the supposed removed route. Good natured is the wrong description for him.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 15, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Silver2195 posted:

In practice, almost everyone seems to summon a Servant similar to themselves in important ways.
I think it is similar and/or complimentary to the master. I don't think fate apocalyphy is a good reference since it is not design and written by Nasu. Fate/extra, however, is a great reference since everyone summon servant with themself as the catalyst.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Illya sees it with animal representation. Mouse, cat, tiger, bear, etc.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nate RFB posted:

Maybe the Assassin who turned into a Berserker in Fate/Extra is an exception?
I looked up the Chinese Bio of him, it is very long and full of badassness. Doesn't seem to have any case where he goes mad or berserk beside one of his opponent spit at him and he promptly own his rear end in two strikes, but he's so obsess with training that he also gotten the title of "Crazy", "Crazy Lancer", and "Demon Fever". I will just say he have an insanely obsessed daily training regiment.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 25, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Servent could be summon at different stage/age of their life that match the class and master better, so it would be interesting. Pre/post insane version of f/z caster as saber, post enlightened fate/extra assassin as an old man lancer, pre-fallen f/n rider in her goddess form, saber alter, etc.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 25, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I guess you can get the same sour feeling as the VN reader if you watch Deen's Fate AFTER UFOtable's Zero +UBL + HA movie.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I wonder how many people will look up Caladbolg and think Archer is Fergus mac Róich or Ailill mac Máta.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Xoidanor posted:

If it's that simply then why is she about to get proactive in UBW? Nothing is really stopping her from just staying perched at her hill. :confused:
I thought Archer stroked her ego and convinced her to deal with it? That would also explain why Archer didn't kill Caster, because he can use her to deal with berseker.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Weird BIAS posted:

I know F/SN is about cooking so what does Mapo Tofu say about Kotomine that makes Shirou freak out so much.

It's a delicious meal man.
There are very few things that Kotomine would be passionate about. His wife is not one of those.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 3, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fate stay night become a cooking show. All servants are famous chef from throughout history.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Gilgamesh equivalently of Iron servant will be a Chinese granny who invented Mapo Tofu.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Rodyle posted:

Apparently the manga version of that old April Fool's joke, Sensha Otoko, got translated at some point.
This would have been a good reply to the question on the other thread: "If you remove the fights from Fate Zero, what exactly do you have? "

Too bad it have spoiler for the current caster's face.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh, that's what you edited out. :ms:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Beside people being butthurt about minor spoiler and caster doesn't have a evil face like fate/zero, I guess there might be thematic reasons that ufotable choose to keep hiding it amidst all the purple hair confusion between caster, rider, assasin, and sakura.

Edit: I guess she is suppose to be a surprise humanizing tragic figure in her own route and various scenes with her master.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 8, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It's also hinted in fate/extra that Archer's red cloth is made by Rin. It gives +100 MP, about 1/3 of a servant's MP.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the other hand more Comedic works kinda hint that Gilgamesh would be just happy with the modern world in different circumstances (That's what I like to think anyways :) ).
He does as Child Gil

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Waver turn into a badass? :stare:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh, wow, I have a lot to catch up.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We could have some interesting lore chat if the story is translated. Caster Lancer is still smug as hell and i am dying to know what cool things he said.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks for the summary. just beaten Alter last night. Buster combo with two berserkers took half her life in one or two turns, but she wipe them out pretty quickly and the battle become really intense using my left over servants. :black101:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 7, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Spent yesterday grinding master exp event (20/40ap) with lv40+ berserker friends. lv 13 -> lv 43

lv 40 is about the lv that the event won't fully fill your exp bar (about 35000 exp) anymore, but you will have enough ap to do other quest/event to fill the gap.

lv 50 should be the sweet spot where i will have 80 ap to grind the 40 ap back to back next week to continue power leveling.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

Ugh, I should have done that as well. Instead I did a bunch of story quests. I have enough star gems for another multi-roll, but I'm holding off until I've completed more story chapters under the assumption that it will add more characters to the gacha.
Yea, I do all my story quest with the spare AP. Level up, repeat.

You unlock more characters for completing world. One of the linked guide say Red Saber is really good and she is unlocked after beating second world.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

By second world do you mean the one after Orleans? I've been assuming that Jeanne Alter or something would unlock from this world, and Nero Saber wouldn't really make sense given the setting.
I double checked, it is "World 2 (The Roman Empire)."

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

How difficult is the 40AP XP quest (ie what level servants roughly are required and what class type are the enemies)? I really don't want to waste 40AP and then die.
There should be a youtube video for it. Pretty sure the boss is caster, and he is alone in the third stage. I think the intended party is at least 3 lv 40 servants, but your party composition may vary!

My Ruler(12) Shielder (15) Berserker (40-60) team breeze through it without giving a drat about class relation. :agesilaus:

First two stages enemies are the same and they do about 300-500 normal damage with 1000+for crit EACH HIT. They will always do 2-3 attacks no matter how many is left. Boss will do 3 attacks.

The key strategy for my team is to keep berserker alive with dodge/heal spell/skill/NP and have the berserker NP nuke the final boss plus a few more heavy hits. Make sure the NP is single target (Lu bu, dracula, hercules, etc)

Pro tip: if you think you are going to lose, close out your app during the battle and you will start over at first stage on reopen. I only did this like five times out of thirty attempt when my berserker died too soon out of bad luck/poor decision. :engleft:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 10, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

but the lack of a super heavy hitting support would probably keep me from winning.
Yea, that's why i am trying to raise my own berserker to lv 40, then any shielder/ruler support will do.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

i picked the wrong 40 Ap last night and the last boss is Gil. It's interesting that his attack does 6 hits instead of the normal 3 hits. He might be the best crit quick attack servant in game.

40 AP servant xp daily suck and super easy compare to other 40 Ap.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 11, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Gil is 40000 hp and the 40ap master exp boss is 70000 btw.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Just me or is the game seemingly really difficult based on this? I'm used to Final Fantasy 7 where I can just grind and maybe there's an enemy I have to sometimes see if it's weak to a particular energy type or something; with the one clever strategy being discovered by accident in FF6 where there's a bug where black hole kills the boss.
The black hole in this case is to run a Berserker. :black101:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Save the Dodge skill/spell to tank NP. it's 100% zero damage for a whole turn.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Schubalts posted:

e: The "guaranteed 4* with 10 pulls" event has been extended to the 31st. :toot:
I am hoping for a Berserker only drop someday. having only 3 star berseker kinda worries me. i might roll for guarantee 5 though.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Your Jeanne got me outta some pinches
I didn't post my ID but i guess you found my name. :toot:

Ytlaya posted:

It can only save one character, though. My main strategy is to just try and get Jeanne's NP up in time for the enemy's NP,
My strategy only need to keep berseker alive, So it works for me. :toot:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 12, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think you were the one that added me...?
Oh, that it's.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

jellycat posted:

I spent all morning playing Grand Order now that it's finally out on iOS.
I can't find it on the app store, how did you get it? Link?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

-Troika- posted:

Install Qooapp first, and run it. It'll let you download the game through that.
Welp, already went through the complicated process of getting a japan account. Import from Android success!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

jellycat posted:

I want more Servants…
You might want to reroll instead...get two good servant and Save quartz until a better roll event comes up.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Take good care of berserker, and berserker will take good care of you. :agesilaus:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Apocron posted:

Any advice on whether to spend or save my crystals? I'm not in a dash to level up so I could wait until they start doing other facts type events but is the 10 time summon for a 4* servant that unreliable?

Edit: also, is there any consensus yet about which servants have the best NPs, which you should level and which you shouldn't bother with? I'm wondering how good my fat Caesar and Saber lily are.
I would save until they make a better event. There's a few posters that said they got a lot of crap. Also it's 4* anything, not just servant. If you can't wait and have a bad team, then you might want to reroll instead.

It's really up to your battle style for servants, check their attack cards and skills that match your preference. Single target NP is almost a must for some boss fight. Low level seems to be fine, you just have to ascend them more often to raise their level cap, but their final lv and stat can be seen in your room's card review.

If you must roll now, wait till you beat rome to unlock red saber. A guide said she have excellence stat while lily have pretty bad stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fate/go talk:

Somewhat disappointed that the sweet master xp double grind with 80 AP only lasted from lv 55 to lv 60. The clothing only reach lv 8 at lv 64. It gonna be a hard to keeping leveling without 60 AP equivalent event or spending quartz.

Berserker Review
Although Vlad can't hit as hard as Hercules, I have a much easier time charging NP with his art cards and skill. I imagine he will overshoot Hercules with a 200% or 300% NP in a long 6-10 stages fight with a boss. His high hp, defense up skill, and battle continuation makes him a good survivor in terms of being a berserker.

On the other hand, Hercules is better for short battle where he can hit (Very) hard and fast before it dies. His buster combo with his NP pretty much can one-shot 40 AP bosses.

Cat Tamomo is interesting, I don't like her multi target NP especially the stun, but at least it heal enough to tank. I think she have a lots of Quick card and all her attacks does at least two hits, so it's good for Quick Chain team I guess. Berserker critting is scary. Anyone lucky enough to get Gilgamesh (when it's available) should try to make a Quick Chain team.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 17, 2015