Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And if you end up with 1 seal and a Servant with A or higher Magic Resistance you're kinda SoL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Because Ilya is the best Fate character and thus the manga starring her is automatically the best.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also, Battle Moon Wars is basically just SRW in a Type-Moon skin, with a pair of stupid OCs. Map design isn't particularly good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'Type-Moon reuses character archetypes and designs, News at eleven.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Billy from Xenogears was a decent religious dude who ran an orphanage.

And then life took a massive liquid poo poo on him and everyone else he knew from his religion either got killed horribly or turned out to be evil.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That said they also exhibit a dose of pragmatism like going 'Oh gently caress it' after realizing nothing they have is going to do more than mildly annoy Arcueid and they pretty much ignore her when she shows up to go Roa-hunting.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I was just thinking how if servants can be summoned from any point in time and the vast majority of servants (literally every one except archer?) come from the past, that means the world must be ending soon!

Modern humans can't become Servants (or at least it's a vanishingly small chance) because... something Alaya spread too thin, lack of fame, the weapon gets the credit now yadda yadda.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

No they didn't. Not in Carnival Phantasm at any rate. Maybe H/A but I haven't read that yet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You think we'll ever get an Apocrypha anime?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did Apocrypha even end up being good?

Pffffthahahaha.

It had a bunch of cool fights though. That's enough for me to want to see it animated.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In Apocrypha Lancer of Black, who is Vlad Tepes, has a Noble Phantasm that turns him into the vampire modelled after his legend. It's explicitly something he couldn't do in life and he also hates it and refuses to use it unless compelled to via Command Seal.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Older means better in Nasuland

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It seems like you could just append "and don't do any horrible hosed up poo poo in the process" to your wish and sidestep the Grail's jackassery pretty easily.

"Hey, you know what's horribly hosed up? Humans. Humans are horribly hosed up. Therefore, if I remove humans, I am actively reducing the amount of horribly hosed up poo poo."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

I've been meaning to ask, where did the term "prana" come from vice the more oft used "mana"? Was it some weird Nasu-ism in one of the earlier releases?

I think the distinction is that prana is the magic that comes from a person (or living thing, w/e) specifically and mana is just the ambient magic energy in the air.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tsuki has Shiki the protag, the real Tohno Shiki, and Nanaya Shiki, of which there are technically two different incarnations, the one in his dreams and the one created by Wallachia.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just popped by to say the new thread title owns.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

All indications are that it would have would as advertised in Fate/Apocrypha too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why would you show us Shiki and not show him without his glasses too

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

RatHat posted:

Not sure how Blackbeard being a Rider works. Does he "ride" a pirate ship?

If it works for Francis Drake it works for him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So, people playing Grand Order: how is it overall/so far?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

how the hell can shiki cut heracles' lines twelve times before getting crushed to death

Because MEoDP means he only needs to get hit once.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They seem kinda annoyed about something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Which Servants that everyone wants aren't in the game yet?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

If Brynhildr ever actually comes out I'm going to spend forever rolling for her and Siegfried though.

Gotta have my crazy romances.

Siegfried is totally cheating on Brynhildr with Jeanne though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Melty Blood is apparently coming to the West on Steam.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

If that's how things usually worked then Valve would've already made Half-Life 3.

Actually they're getting mad profits from Dota 2 and CSGO and reinvesting that into making more Dota 2 and CSGO content.

Which is probably what will also happen with Grand Order.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wish all these sprites and artwork and STUFF was used for a game that wasn't a lovely gacha.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They're having a collab event with... themselves?

Uh, ok.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

How the hell is Rama a Saber his claim of fame is being extremely haxxor with a bow on the Ramayana

Also didn't they make a big deal about him having blue skin?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

And why does Rama get in as a Saber in Nasu's mushroomland of heroes?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hommando posted:

I'm still hoping for a Tsukihime anime one day.

Read the manga.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dreggon posted:

oh also, who is this middle guy in the OP

the idea of fuji nee and gilgamesh being drinking buddies is really funny so i want to know who the third guy is

That guy is Rider of Fate/Zero, known to the rest of the world as Alexander the Great.

Him and Gil being bros (or at least the closest thing Gil will allow to a bro outside of Enkidu) is a rather large subplot in F/Z.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Julilus Caeser should have been the Zhu Bajie standin

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If the Senran Kagura thread could make it, I don't see why FGO couldn't.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Can't believe we still don't have Archer Heracles.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Magic.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So about Artoria being a lousy king...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can't believe we still do not have Heracles available in any capacity other than Berserker.

Edit: Especially after they went out of their way multiple times to point out that it's the worst class he can actually be summoned for.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

when will the english version of GO be out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"I'm sorry for dying so quickly in Apocrypha and being replaced by a block of wood."