Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Another Type-Moon work of note would be Notes (or Angel Notes), which I believe was Nasu's earliest work, and everything since has had various degrees of inspiration drawn from it. Things like the Type-[planet] (which is where the name Type-Moon came from), conceptual weapons, and important thematic elements like the strength and weakness of ordinary humans versus things far beyond their depth.

I think there's a translation floating around half-finished, but I never had a chance to read the whole thing sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Also here's the best version of Sword of Promised Victory.

Honestly, I haven't found many that I've liked quite as much as the original, if just because they always play with, slow down, or otherwise mess with the violin section, which is honestly what I think of when I think of Excalibur. It just goes perfectly with the backing instruments.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't want to read that lovely manga, but goddamn that image is awesome and I kinda want to know the context behind it.

Not enough to read it though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

T-M April Fools is just tragic, because there's always a tease about a new Melty, something that'll never happen. :smith:

But that's not relevant here:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Uhhh...What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Look, he can either be the stay-at-home husband/personal chef of a king or the breadwinner/student of a poor mage.

He's just being prudent.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

That's normal for all anime, just like how prototypes are always vastly superior to the mass-produced versions when it comes to mecha/weapons etc.

This isn't necessarily out of place in real life, either. Pick out any design proposal from the military, and you've got a pretty good chance of finding yourself a project that lost a lot going from prototype to mass production. Some stuff just isn't economical to cram in, and if they can shave a few (trillion) pennies by cutting more extravagant features, they'll cut it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I love that idol Nero has just become A Thing now. It's amazing, and I love it.

The soymilk thing, less so. Maybe because I just don't get it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lol Strange/Fake Saber is actually Richard Lionheart instead of Proto-Arthur

Until I looked up Strange/Fake, I thought this was referring to the Grand Order Popsicle Saber. That'd take a hell of a lot of explaining.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Twiddy posted:

The film studies major part makes me interested, but everything else I'm hearing makes this person seem like a dumbass. Doesn't matter what education you got if you're dumb, unfortunately.

Said person actually posts on SA, and has a major cult of personality going in the Critic thread. Because of course.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

GhostStalker posted:

They're not the same reviewer, actually. Jay O, aka Hope Chapman, aka JesuOtaku, is the Assistant Editor of ANN; Gabriella Ekens, aka Gabbomatic, is the one doing the actual UBW reviews. They have similar opinions though.

I invited Jay O over here to talk about them, but I dunno if she'll take me up on that offer.

Oh, I thought the conversation was still about Jay. I've just seen the posts about the show in the critic thread, I don't know anything about ANN's structure or whatnot.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

The Good Endings in Tsukihime are actually pretty bad. Nasu does write bittersweet and tragic endings very well, though.

I'm not terribly fond of Nasu's Good Ends, but I think he can write a fine happy ending. Ciel True is probably my favorite ending in Tsukihime, same with End of the Dream for FSN. Sure, they're sappy with how everything rights itself despite how bleak the ending seems at first, but I like that sort of thing myself.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ciel. Duh.

(Also Mordred.)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ciel just isn't Ciel without the coke bottles.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Compendium posted:

http://motherfuckingarchetypesaber.tumblr.com/post/122913009491/type-moon-ace-vol-10-alternate-servant-master

check out this sick art of alternate Master/Servant pairings from across various Fates.

Waver and Astolfo, yes please.

Shirou and Mordred, that's a dangerous combination if I've ever seen one. But I'm intrigued, go on.

I can't find the full scan page for Ciel's new look, but I did find part of it at least

RIP borderless coke bottle glasses :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jay O posted:

Quick notes on the sequels: Fate/stay Night UBW completely Shat The Bed Oh My God You Don't Know You Just Don't Even Know, and it wouldn't be so bad except that Type-Moonies are the literal worst fandom in creation short of maybe bronies but I think they could give the bronies a run for it, because they made managing that show and its editorial a living hell from the beginning but became ten thousand times worse in its second half. Anyway, the second half of FSN UBW was so sanctimonious, anticlimactic, gross, and just plain un-fun that it totally soured the first half for me and a lot of other tentative fans of the new series. (But we're filthy secondaries, so we don't matter to the True Fans.)

There aren't enough :laffo:s in the world.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

in a sense, the towers never went down

Well, to quote, it was a room of about twenty fans, so that's a net gain of 18 towers.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Compendium posted:

Well, one of the ANN people (Jay O, she was quoted a few pages ago) did compare the TM fandom to bronies. I mean, I'm sure that says something. I think.

Well, if there's anything we do know, it's that ANN editors are the height of knowledge and wit on any subject under the sun.

Jay O posted:

Hbomberguy posted:

WHO WROTE THIS PUN

PROMOTE THEM

Ha ha ha, that was courtesy of my fiancee, Zac, who likes making nonsensical pun pull-quotes. Our friends at Discotek enjoy them too much. (Also he can't be promoted any more because he's already head of editorial as it is.)

You delivered the punchline before the set-up though!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Allarion posted:

Shielder always existed as a planned concept since the original F/SN, but was dropped like all those other planned routes for F/SN. Basically the opposite to Saber Riesbyfe Stridberg.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cuchulain Caster? What?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Godspeed, T-M thread.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It'll probably have netcode, but I doubt it'll be particularly stellar, and I know it won't be half as good as CCCaster. It's nice to be able to give them money finally though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Thanks for this, this made me laugh like an idiot for several minutes. :shobon:

"Would you like some...?"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Wakouwei/status/689724661840539648

That is a pretty drat cool NP.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Compendium posted:

I laughed at Kiyohime and am very concerned about Jack's chocolate...

Bryn, Medea, and Bride Nero's chocolates are my favorite! :3:

Attila, Medea Lily, and Jeanne's are mine. :allears:

Special mention to Atalanta and Mordered's.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, someone made the Saber Alter chocolate :allears:

Edit: Well poo poo, embedding tweets isn't working. Let's replace that with an image.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

That is a rather creepy and hosed up thing to say even on a Humorous Internet Messageboard.

Nah man, he said it ~ironically~, which immediately absolves him of anything, no matter how creepy and hosed up.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Attila/Altera and Tamamo are gonna be on Extella. Also

GUESS I GOTTA GET THIS DAY ONE THEN, HUH.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FateGrandOrder/status/712281038504919044

Uh...

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/713955993785225216

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BurningDance posted:

Anybody want a decent-ish FGO account? I'm too busy to play lately and there is a lack of desire to play as well so I figure I might as well pass it off to someone who wants it for free.

If anybody is interested, then I'll get myself Platinum and PM the details of the account. :v:

Those are just a portion of the things I have. All Quartz have already been rolled off, so expect to start saving from scratch.

edit: welp. foiled.

i wanted to get Platinum early anyway, but there is this: "SA Forums Store: The SA Store is currently closed pending migration to new systems. It should be back up sometime after 10PM CST."

I've kind of wanted to give it a shot for a while, if you don't mind PMing me, I'd love to give it a short. You've got a good selection of Things I've Wanted. Lemme know.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Arcueid with a short skirt isn't Arcueid.

And Ciel without coke bottle glasses isn't Ciel. :colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you're not watching F/Z for Jamieson Price Rider you're doing something drastically wrong and should probably fix it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Congratulations on your Barazerker, baal.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Juneko00/status/737716759801823232

Jeanne :toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Why the hell would they make a Nero mousepad instead of a Tamamo Attila one

:colbert:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

It's kind of a shame, he rocked the look and if you had to call one TM character a Nazi it'd definitely be Gil.

Let's just hope they replace it with him being half naked so he can join in on the fanservice train.

Just put AUO Castoff in, have him be the fanservice train.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

It's really cool how Ufotable turned Nasu's old mediocre Web novel into some very good movies.

I'm looking forward to an adaptation of Notes, coming 2034

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FateApocryphaTV/status/815209269100322816

what

edit: WHAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIRl3jAGbXI

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 31, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

FF15 is pretty good though, sorry :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Carnival Phantasm didn't have enough Ciel, that's the only complaint I could make.