Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Compendium posted:

For real TM crossover shenanigans, don't forget the All Around Type-Moon manga!

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/all-around-type-moon-ahnenerbe-no-nichijou-r3607

This is amazing! Thanks for linking it. Magical idiots are even better when they're dealing with alternate versions of themselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

If Rin knew half of what was going on she's have busted Sakura out years ago.

If Rin knew half of what she thinks she knows, she'd have been unstoppable.

She'd even be able to program a VCR unaided.

Ytlaya posted:

During that one scene where Sakura is telling her about all the terrible stuff she went through Rin was just sort of like "eh sorry but I just don't care, my life wasn't perfect either" so I'm not so sure about that.

Wasn't that during the fight in the cavern? Pretty sure she was trying to goad Sakura into attacking out of anger.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The best thing about HF True is that in the middle of the touching reunion Rin is already planning out how the four of them could win a tournament and get money so that she can balance her checkbook.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Probably had more swords involved.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'm pretty sure that WAVE does the best remixes of everything, like Aionion Hetairoi.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

Causality can be wonky with the grail, so maybe the mark simply appeared before Shirou summoned Saber even though the summoning caused the mark, much like Rin's necklace served as the catalyst to summon Archer Emiya before it was linked to Shirou when she healed him with it.

It certainly doesn't hurt that Rin has a habit of breaking reality on a regular basis while trying to pull of her own versions of Zelrecth's stuff.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

jellycat posted:

I finished Fate/Stay Night a few days ago. Every time I think about the Heaven's Feel normal ending enough, I start tearing up again because I'm a crybaby. I'm glad the true ending is mostly pretty happy.

I dipped my toe into Hollow Ataraxia, but I think I'm going to watch Fate/Zero first, because I'd rather end the main Fate stuff on a more pleasant note. I also have Carnival Phantasm prepared for this reason.

Basically I am going to tear through most of the Fate franchise in one month, I guess.

I had that happen with This Illusion ~ Piano Version for a while.

Godspeed you crazy fool. Hopefully you don't come out of this adventure talking like Nasu writes. Other possible symptoms of overexposure to Fate may be a sudden increased interest in cooking, swords, and combinations of the two.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stall_19 posted:

Much to Sola-Ui's disappointment.

And Waver's.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Apparently Type-Moon Vocal is a thing:

Enuma Elish

Part of me really wants it to be true that his subjects would party hard occasionally singing rock-praises to their God-King.

The others I've found though aren't as good I feel, and there doesn't seem to be very many. :(

How can you not love Unlimited Microsoft Sam Works? 40:36 on this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzVUV2aYU8

And Aionion Hetairoi is still the best, but pretty much all of WAVE's stuff is great.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

The openings were cool, but honestly the originals were better. Not animation wise of course, but just as far as fitting into the story went.

Also not going to lie, I miss the two OPs being called hollow and ataraxia respectively. That was cute.

I've got to agree with this.

The first Vita OP has Archer + cat at least, though!

Myriad Truths posted:

Who cares about the openings, you should read F/HA just because Bazett and Avenger are both fantastic.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is excellent in HA. Except Sella.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Kyte posted:

(And somebody once mentioned that Waver and Rin don't get along either and Luvia's Rin with boobs and drills so dunno)

Waver doesn't like Rin because she doesn't know about anime and video games, therefore he has decided that she is the worst Japanese in the world.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

IXIX posted:

One being done into English, natch.

https://twitter.com/tmtt15_nero_eng

Never enough statsheets

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just noticed the first chapter of the Fate/Strange Fake manga in English.

It's off to an excellent Gilgamesh-filled start!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Saber can be food-powered due to her special situation, so she can stay as long as she doesn't lasersword anything.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

clearly shirou getting laid is a bad thing and goes against the laws of the universe

it does because obv the original timeline where Shirou became Archer he was forever alone

If Archer really wanted to un-exist, he just needed to seduce Shirou, not kill him.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

We've finally found a way to stop the endless multiplication of Sabers. God bless America :911:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

The love life of Rin and Shiro is that of various bouts of destroyed property between awkward attempts at common romance. It's the greatest teen romance you could ask for.

Don't forget their friends, enemies, and everyone in between teasing them about it! That's important too.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If her bells make noise when she attacks, all is forgiven.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tarezax posted:

I approve of their taste in waifus

Stheno was my only gold for a long time, and my first full ascension. Sign me up for the Stheno Appreciation Station.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Saving up Quartz for Semiramis was a nice idea while it lasted, but now its going to be rolled for Lancer Medusa.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

PSA: There is a new option in Game Options (sixth option from the top in the My Room menu) that lets you see the art/sprite your friends chose for the support servant.

For the most part, this means you can finally see the Max Ascension art on everyone and use Waver in a suit.

More importantly, you can use Jacks with their unascended art.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

If you didn't Grail OG Medusa to be your Rider, you should reconsider your decisions.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

They can't end the game until they do a Tsukihime crossover so i can fail to get Ciel

That seems unlikely. Unless you already burned all your FP chasing Angra Mainyu, NP5ing a bronze character is pretty easy.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I imagine this room full of Smart People spends weeks crafting the perfect "you got a really rare thing" images/animations for popular gacha games like this, P&D, that DBZ game, etc.

There's probably massive research projects regarding video game chance myths and how to monetize them. Little did Bob know he would use his college degree to conduct the comprehensive review of every myth to ensuring that the pokeball stayed closed.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Bholder posted:

Must. Finish. For. 30. Quartz.

I just did this last night. And hopefully used up all my bad rolls, spending ~80 Quartz with nothing more than a half dozen 4* CE to show for it.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Rate-ups are a lie. I keep trying to get Avenger Gorgon, but no luck yet. Still, got NP2 Mordred and TamaCat.

Mordred was MVP for the 1mil HP fight, since she could hat-cleanse into NP-Buster-Buster pretty much at will.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ExtrAssassin gacha looks good for me, now that I've officially cleared the story as F2P. Either Jack gets NP3 or I get my first Extra, so win/win~

Also, another chance for Gorgon.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I know you're right, but I wanna use my Jack.

I used one of the London free quests, but that was back before Camelot existed.

On that note, rolled and got EMIYA-Assassin and Jack to NP3. Still no extra servants whatsoever.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nyaa posted:

White text is the quartz you brought, red text is the bonus quartz. Bonus quartz doesn't count as paid quartz. So if you are rolling for the new year gacha, you want to buy the 42+23 one at minimum.

or 25/4/1 for the least cash spent.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Got a gold card and... my Stheno is now at NP4.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Berserkers exist for farming dailies. During the story and events, I use real classes instead.

Mostly assassins because the game throws so many at me that I have become the Assmaster.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

HiveCommander posted:

Whoops, forgot that one. Rule number 2 is what I meant (about treating Mordred like a woman). She gets right-pissed at Kairi for even mentioning her gender, after all.
It can't happen soon enough

Pretty sure friend codes are fine in this thread, can't go wrong with having more good servants to borrow.
650 720 124 is mine

Why did you max Kuro's projection first?

SpaceDrake posted:

All right, cool, I'm 593 320 516 if anyone is interested:

and mother of god, game, can I get a decent assassin please, and no, Stheno doesn't really count

Stheno was m first gold card and my first full ascension, she carried me through France :colbert:

Anyway, here's my stuff:

No Extras yet, Kuro's getting grailed to 90 soon, Mord is NP2, Quetz isn't done yet, Jack is NP3, and Berserkers are trash. Friend code is 548,084,057.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, so the final Jack portrait gives her clothes again? That would be nice if so (though unfortunately her sprite will still have no pants).

Some clothes return, but it's mostly the pose. I've just kept her on her first sprite (selectable from the servant screen. Kuro and Quetz are also using earlier card art because I don't like their final arts).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Is it just me or is the "8% increased damage to Buster, Arts, and Quick" 5* CE kind of lovely when compared with the ones that give 25% to a single type? Like, even if you put the 25% one on a servant with just 2 of a card type, that's basically equivalent to 0.4*25 or a 10% overall damage increase over the long term. The one time the 8% one would be better is if you for some reason wanted to equip, say, Limited/Over on a servant with just one Buster card.

The only potential exception I can think of is a situation where a servant has 3 of a given card type and a damage NP with a different card type (like, for example, Ilya), but even then I'm pretty sure you'd generally be better off with the 25% Arts CE.

Speaking of Ilya, how good is she? Seems like she is kind of a niche character from what I've read, though I like her animations from the times I've used her as a support.

Generally focusing on one card type is better, but remember that there's a difference between 'damage of X cards' and 'effectiveness of X cards'. Doesn't matter much for Busters, but Quick and Artes gain NP and Star gen from improved effectiveness.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

When it comes to grinding lower level gems, is it better to do one of the lower-AP dailies instead of the 40AP one?

Speaking of ascension dailies, Assassin is tomorrow - I can finally get Jack fully ascended!

Kintoki summoning as well, which is tempting but I've decided to put all effort towards Scathach instead (I don't really have anyone else who would go well in a Buster team).

I do 20 for blues and 30 for reds, I average a bit over 1.5 a run for each generally + more assorted ascension mats.

give me more spooky ghost servants dropping void refuse so I can level jack's heal

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Wuxi posted:

Is Centaur Island in Okeanos really the only place to grind Meteoric Horseshoes? I'm pretty sure that droprate can be considered a crime against humanity

Wiki says that after clearing the Camelot Gate Free Quest, a better place is unlocked (looks like scorched ground).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Also the Dango event is getting a rerun from 1/18 to 1/25.

So that's, uh, something.

And Orion is getting an animation update with it. Can we hope for a multiple-hit Artes card?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Become a doctor in a war torn country then?

"Okay patient, I need you to hold still while I stick this legendary weapon inside you. Don't look at me like that; it's not a suppository."

Yes, I know that it was Excalibur's sheath and not the sword.

And Shirou is the chronic helper around his school and neighborhood before the Fifth Holy Grail War kicks off. If the HGW hadn't happened,. I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have become EMIYA-Archer. He'd just be the cool neighborhood dude who helps everyone and hosts the tastiest BBQs.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Finally have a chance to do this event, and it's funny how easy it is compared to last year. Kaleido-Mordred + Kaleido-Quetzalcoatl + Support Jeanne for Dragon Witch clears the first 40AP in one turn each. Which is good, because I need more talons to get Mord's Mana Burst and SoP to 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just want my five star Rider Jean-Luc Picard. Another member for Team France and the first bald Servant.