Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Well, at that point Sakura was lashing out and trying to kill everyone mostly out of self-pity. When I read that scene I was mostly just agreeing with Rin. I mean, it's one thing that Sakura had a miserably bad life and another thing that she was using it to justify a murder spree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
That Ilya could transfer Shirou's consciousness around was foreshadowed alllllll the way back in Fate, in one of the bad ends, as I recall.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Does this actually happen that often? In Heaven's Feel, she uses the Second Magic without any screw-ups. I vaguely remember her screwing up with the Second Magic once in Hollow Ataraxia. The idea that Rin is constantly messing up reality seems like fanon to me.

The whole route-agnostic setting of Hollow Ataraxia is suggested to be from Rin accidentally merging a bunch of parallel universes, which is a pretty major screwup. It's only referenced in passing though.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Who cares about the openings, you should read F/HA just because Bazett and Avenger are both fantastic.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

Okay, I have to admit I never thought about it like that. I mean, it was obvious that her backstory was a reflection of Sakura's, but I never extrapolated that to imply that her opinion on the matter was worth any more than anyone else's. I never got the sense that any of her lines were particularly meaningful or powerful, but maybe I should replay the route with that in mind. If I ever have time.

I mean, she doesn't beat you over the head with like Archer's "you will not be rewarded for your path!" in UBW.

It's because that part isn't spelled out until Hollow Ataraxia where Rider gets a lot more focus.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

...so your answer is that she's actually really boring in HF, but gets more interesting in HA?

You seem to be under the impression that I'm some sort of slavering Rider fanboy instead of just clarifying something you missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Does Nasuverse canon have an explanation for why witches all have misshapen ears? Is it that the character designer just had a thing for elves? It's brought up in story, so it's not even a weird design choice. I don't get it.