Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

HellCopter posted:

You see, the player gets the dumb RPG Status Screen because that's what you, the player, would see. Because you play video games.

I think this is the real reason, as it does say somewhere everyone sees the 'stats' differently, the A.B,C,EX, Ect graph is the most common cause it can be understood easily by a larger audience, and by other masters, As in Zero Kirei translates to Tokiomi the stats of the other servants in this manner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

If I remember it right... (also MASSIVE spoilers for UBW obviously}:

He gets the usual introduction in the church.

After Rider is killed, Shinji goes to Kotomine and whines about how its unfair and that he lost only because he got such a lovely Servant. Kotomine "gives" him command over Gilgamesh, basically just because he considers it hilarious. Gilgamesh doesn't really need a Master at this point, so he plays along while doing his own thing.

Caster takes over the church and everyone thinks Kotomine is dead.

During the Archer/Shirou duel, Kotomine suddenly appears in front of captured Rin, together with Shinji and Lancer and reveals that he was Lancers Master all along and pretty much just does stereotypical evil gloating while stating that he will let Shinji rape her. Lancer disagrees, so Kotomine uses his Command Seal and orders him to kill himself. Unlike Diarmuid, Cú Chulainn proves to not be a little bitch and gets up again, kills Kotomine, scares the crap out of Shinji, frees Rin and turns the whole Einzbern mansion into his funeral pyre. :black101:

...and thats it. He is basically non-entity in UBW route.

Well least from shirous prospective, I'm hoping we do see so much more, like the fight that was supposed to have happened in his church when caster decided she liked the land the church sat on better

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Does this actually happen that often? In Heaven's Feel, she uses the Second Magic without any screw-ups. I vaguely remember her screwing up with the Second Magic once in Hollow Ataraxia. The idea that Rin is constantly messing up reality seems like fanon to me.

I think its more implied she tends to get too ahead of herself, Such as summoning Archer and forgetting her clocks are wrong, giving him some amnesia and the best entrance ever, Saving Shirou and forgetting she should of kept a better eye on him to find lancer once he found out he lived, and that she indeed already had an artifact from the snake skin, but never put the two together, those are just within the three days of the start from her prospective, but are easily to pick up on cause it is from her prospective

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

jellycat posted:

EDIT:
Also, the reason why she acts when she does in Fate is explained in Hollow Ataraxia:
Gilgamesh goes to the temple and kills Assassin and Kuzuki. I don't know where Caster is while this is happening, but she finds Kuzuki as he's dying.

So in fate, caster decided to get off her temple, surprise team saber + rin, because Gilgamesh killed fake assassin and Kuzuki, than proceeds to shadow an angry caster through the town, Cause Gilgamesh got bored?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I think I better stop putting off HA now

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

a kitten posted:

So uh, what did Rider ride? I was semi-confused earlier before they had said who was who because I thought she seemed like a Caster, until well...Caster showed up.

Maybe I will have to read the stupid VN one of these days after all. :sigh:

Rider rode a Pegasus, though she never rode anything, so it was just that she had to ride something, like how Iskander got that war chariot along with his personal horse

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Clarste posted:

So basically they're an ordinary-ish family being controlled by an immortal worm monster posing as their eternal patriarch. Which almost explains how screwed up Shinji is.

The funny part the VN states when Shinji found out it would be Sakura, and not him who gets to play house heir, broke him into the boy we see now

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

HellCopter posted:

Someone remind me, how big of a spoiler is Dark Sakura? I'd love to show the first segment of Carnival Phantasm to my friends someday, but the very first eyecatch is a fullscreen shot of her, and I don't want to wait until the HF movie comes out.

Its the major plot point of the route

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Yeah her exsistence is not but her changing into dark sakura does play a major part. It starts off with a powerful shadow thing and ends with dark sakura

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Now if only Crunchyroll would behave and work today

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Better than me. Its just saying the page is not available

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

There is still a bit to happen, plus maybe some original scenes in between as we discover who casters master is, and than that bullshit fist fight. I really hope the fist fight is animated well to make everyone feel gob smacked

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Also Iskander and blue beard, but he kinda thought he won the war and just started killing everyone as an after party

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

I never read the VN, but I did know about Kuzuki's crazy rear end combat ability going into this fight. I'm just wondering what was up with that vacuum punch he threw out before strangling the poo poo out of Saber. Was that specifically mentioned? Even Kirei couldn't pull that poo poo off unless we're just hand waving it as Attack Buff: Caster's Purple Magic Fists of Fisting.

That hand gesture before het goes for sabers neck is more a throwback for his VN combat stance picture

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120810214233/typemoon/images/a/a5/Kuzukibattle.jpg

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

you can preorder the english UBW blu-rays now

http://www.fatestaynightusa.com/bdbox/

20% off even!

that's right, for only $400 you can own all 13 episodes of the first half of UBW, lol

So I wonder what got cut for the airing version

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I just got to that flashback in Fate, and yeah he literally dies at the moment. Shirou has a line about how he just left him like that overnight because it looked like he was "sleeping".

Yeah he pretty much dies in his sleep, though when exactly it happened no one will know

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

As I thought we did get the church fight, or least part of it anyway.

Now the UBW thread has to wait four months to find out who archer is.

and yes. I hope they do change the wedding dress part, or least make it some one more saner than 'Caster went costume rapey'

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Mederlock posted:

I'm not into waifu's/rapey stuff, purely romance-based stuff, or blatant fan-service/fan pandering kinda stuff at all. I mean, it's pretty much impossible to avoid when it comes to anything VN related, but the less I have to deal with, the better. As a result I have absolutely zero interest in Carnival Phantasm

:frogout:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So any idea if we will be making a new thread, or just reopening the old one for the resuming of the mid season break?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I'm late to the party but I did watch the Deen version at one point. Liam O'Brian as Archer just felt so off as archer. I never got sold on him playing the role

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 14, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My only issue with fgo is how shoddily coded it is.

My only issue is how its region locked and I am way too lazy to bother with work arounds

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

After the GO mobile game finally came out for SEA and playing it for abit, I remembered that there was supposed to be heavens feel movies in the works and found out part one had been out for some time. I can not wait for poo poo to hit the fan

Also I noticed they did shuffle, or just outright delete some scenes from the VN, but that was only after I finished watching the movie when I thought back on it. like Rin and Sakrua awkwardly making a meal that saber hates cause they are too busy trying to reconnect as sisters

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Conspiratiorist posted:

I don't remember that happening before Saber's fight with Assassin.

Going to spoiler tag it probably did not, but it did happen when Saber did not become Alter and Shiro was still a master at the very least, its been a few years

Speaking of cooking, I am glad they put in the lunch with Kirei. it was pretty good

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Ccs posted:

I just watched the Heaven's Feel movie but didn't really understand what was happening. Had to read some wiki stuff afterwards. I guess it's designed for people who have played the visual novel.

I am going to say something that is almost treason, but for the HF movies, they do not care about the fate route, more that the movie is structured around knowing what happened in Zero and UBW, Fate route is kinda useless as an anime as it was a glorified tutorial and we already know who saber was in zero by that time line.

We will see if this really holds any water next movie, as the first is just show casing that this is no normal war

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I think Granpa worms just does not care, he wants to win no matter how lovely the grail is, it takes a small talk with Illya to understand that and just die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Compendium posted:

That and also, there's some effective writing when it comes to emotional pain. Camelot chapter of FGO had it in spades; like I felt for Bedivere's tiring journey through different worlds as he searched and searched for the Lion King and having to go up against the knights and really being hard on himself for his weakness and cowardice and being the cause for Arturia/Lion King going full divine tyrant.

Yeah I just finished Camelot and it was really good and kept on making me question if this was really just a mobile game