Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
One thing I liked about the Fate final battle was that Kotomine got killed with the same dagger he killed Tokiomi with, other than that it blew it out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The worst part of the UBW thread is the condescending remarks from Type Moon thread posters when someone has a negative opinion of the show.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I really didn't think this fight was bullshit at all. He had the advantage of surprise, which is his specialty as an assassin. He had the skill to match a legendary warrior from his years of being a professional killer. Plus his attacks were being visibly strengthened by Caster who, if you don't remember, is a servant whose main specialty is magic. It's not really crazy that he could match a servant under those conditions.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Man, seeing Kotomine in action this week really has me hyped for Heavens Feel. I just wish ufotable had more chances to animate unarmed fighters because they do a drat good job of it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Carnival Phantasm was ok at best. Some of the jokes were funny, a lot of it fell flat for me though.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wasn't there a servant in one of the spinoffs that was insane in his life in a way that made him come off as sane and lucid when summoned as berserker?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I really hope that HF winds up being as good as I remember it, because UBW was pretty terrible in hindsight. Is it just going to be the one movie or multiple ones like the KnK movies?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It was definitely pretty rapey, hopefully they tone it down in the movie.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm mostly excited for the Kotomine scenes since he's like the one character I'm still invested in.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Endorph posted:

heaven's feel was a rapey route because sakura was raped

im not really sure you can remove that plotpoint or tone it down without completely destroying the plot of heaven's feel and also sakura's character

like yeah you can change how it's depicted but it kind of has to stay for the route to work at all

Oh definitely. I'm just wanting the explicit and rapey stuff toned down a bit from Tohsaka's Anus levels to something a bit more reasonable, not to have the aspect of the story removed entirely. I'm just hoping it's handled at least semi maturely, which I don't think will be an issue with Ufotable.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
With Avalon it kinda makes sense because it's such a fundamental part of his being. I suppose you could kinda extend that to the sword it sheathed?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm wondering how bad HF being a single movie would really be. How much of the material in there was really necessary to the plot? You could cut a massive chunk out of the slower paced stuff and get a faster paced story with all the cool scenes that made the route so great and some of the better scenes from the huge chunks of nothing happening.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Endorph posted:

the slower-paced stuff is what makes the story work

I agree, it's what made HF my favorite route, but I'm not sure it would work as a slow burn movie. Maybe it would just screw it all up and leave it feeling rushed if they cut it, but if left as is it would drag on and on and I feel like the early movies would just be all the build up without any of the amazing release near the end, leaving you with an amazing second movie with a disappointing first movie.

Actually, how far into the story was nine bullet revolver? That could make a decent climactic setpiece for one of the movies if it was early enough in the story.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm thinking 2 movies would probably be ideal, with a cut down, but still pretty reasonably paced version of the first 2/3 with it all culminating in something like nine bullet revolver if that was actually towards the middle of the story like I remember it being, and then the second movie is just balls to the wall action with the endgame and a decent introduction section written in so that it still stands on it's own somewhat.

Also a Sparks Liner High OVA because gently caress Ufotable if they don't animate that.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Didn't Kotomine kill Assassin one on one in some scene or am I making up that plot detail? something like assassin went for the heart but he didn't have one for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hey, better too short than too drawn out in my opinion. I'm interested to see how they cut it down to one movie. I'm still pretty hyped for it, and I think that the glacial pace of the vn would have been horrible for a movie. It will probably wind up feeling rushed, but I'm sure that ufotable can make something decent out of it.