Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah Buddha is 100% totally OP. In the game his NP is an instant Game Over and that is despite it being explicitly weaker against humans who aren't humans like Hakuno. And Nasu joked if he had a bigger budget for EXTRA it would cause 5,670,000,000 damage and you'd need to achieve enlightment to get past it. Not to mention being able to stop the Moon Cell in Last Encore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also Type-Lumina was confirmed to be a prequel to TsukiRe.

And also the original Melty Blood follows the non existent Satsuki Route so it's not like it's going to make absolute sense even after reading the original :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

The sacchin route thing is mostly just a joke to explain why it takes place in a stable status quo for a game where no route ends with everyone alive and in the same place as they started. The actual way to take it is that Shiki resolved all the outward conflicts from the antagonists and now everyone's just kinda bumming around in the same city. it makes perfect sense if you know what everyone's deals are, you can extrapolate what happened pretty easily.

I know, I meant it as a joke. Melty Blood is fine to play just by knowing who is who of the returning characters and the manga probably covers enough.

(TsukiRe spoilers)Of course now that we're getting the Sacchin route it may give us the exact details. Or Nasu will just go on a completely different direction, it's up to him.

Also on the loving according to summaries it's still there, just, you know, implied and faded to black because it's 2021 and VNs don't need explicit sex scenes to sell.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

There's a list of the new DAA and ORT-tan is still included so yeah, ORT just doesn't appear on that pic. And originally he's just a DAA because he nommed the previous one on its rank and stole his vampiric attributes. It actually makes more sense given how DAA work in the remake.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, anyone who gets at least one mention has a chance of appearing because it means the writers know they exist, look at how Osakabehime and Bennienma were foreshadowed in a Tamamo interlude in FGO. Or the Materials' relationship section.

That said sometimes it's better they don't appear *looks at el Cid*

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just finished the main story just some loredumps and the extra story left. Really enjoyed it but I was surprised at how much slice of life had the story and how it was what I enjoyed the most. I love these dumb kids.

Also bold of Nasu to make a VN where everyone, with no exception, is a passive-aggressive bitch :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really liked the scene of Artoria looking back and seeing all the stills of herself akin to a film reel. Because Heroic Spirits are meant to be that, the records of heroes and legends imprinted on the human knowledge. And as mentioned it's basically a hero's journey in Nasuverse: from the death scenes at the beginning, to their vestiges in the modern era, to humans calling for them to help them advance.

Also it's really pretty.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

nrook posted:

I didn't play fgo and it's been awhile since I read the (incredibly good and flawless) fan tl of fsn but isn't a major theme of the fate route that being a heroic spirit is bad and artoria shouldn't become one

admittedly it is also obviously fine if fgo has different themes than fsn did. just funny to see that handled differently

You're getting terms confused: what Artoria was doing was, she was technically alive during SN (making her a weird Servant) because she made a pact with the world that if it let her get the Holy Grail to wish for Camelot to fall peacefully instead of the bloody end it had, she'd become a Counter Guardian. Which is bad because as EMIYA shows Counter Guardians are a thankless, cruel job. After the end of every SN True route she gives up on the wish, dies and becomes a proper Heroic Spirit. Or at least it seems so since she's summonable on other media.

And the deal with Heroic Spirits is that they're pinnacles (and sometimes necessary evils) that show the greatness examples of human history and will defend humanity against great dangers such as Beasts, but ultimately mankind can't rely on them fully and has to advance to reach the next stage where childhood ends and humans spread across the stars. The joke about Fate is that it's a "Humanity gently caress Yeah" sci-fi hidden under an Urban Fantasy setting.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Stairmaster posted:

kiaras headgame must be insane

According to translations Taiga in this timeline had a sick child and she joined the cult out of desperation for a cure.

Which is doubly twisted given Kiara's backstory as a sick child in a twisted cult.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, it's made by Omega-Force, it's absolutely a musou since that's what they do. Probably with a bit of focus on the boss battles given the interviews and trailers.

The funniest thing about the game though is still that it apparently got made cause the Koei founder is a Musashi fan.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I can't believe we will actually have an entry point to the Fate series that does not come with a "but". (Well except this version might not have the original OP but the PSVita ones, but that's mostly sad rather than bad)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Got a question about Fate/Samurai Remnnant and I guess this is the only thread it's on topic besides the RPG one. From what I heard you should hoard Skill Gems to give to the Rogue Servants cause some of them are available only for certain parts of the story and then you need to NG+ to get them again, and some of Iori's skills are locked behind getting X skills on Y Servant? Which are the ones to watch out for with as little spoilers as possible?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Kyte posted:

Rogue Saber has the shortest showing of the lot and only appears when certain conditions are met.
All of them except Rogue Caster temporarily leave at a certain main story point. Rogue Berserker doesn't come back.

Okay, so Rogue Saber and Rogue Berserker would be priorities for skill seeds or at least until I fill the requirements for Iori. Thanks!

also how do I realize only now Shinji is just Saionji all over again

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

AlternateNu posted:

Soooooo...Taiga shoots him? I don't know poo poo about F/GO stories.

The jist of it is there's an EMIYA Alter in FGO who is even edgier than Kiritsugu and can be said to be the "Mind of Steel" Shirou ending from HF to an extreme. The SE.RA.PH. event AKA the Extra CCC collaboration confirmed what drove him that path was something related to Kiara and having to kill a lot of innocents to get to her. The manga reveals the breaking point was having to shoot and kill Taiga, who joined Kiara's cult to help her sick child despite not believing in it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally picked up Samurai Remnant again. Iori and Saber are real fun, at first glance it reminds you of Shirou and Saber but at the same time they have a completely different chemistry and personalities and they're really endearing when bouncing each other. I'm also starting to unlock the mechanics that make the game deeper.

Also I beat Rogue Berserker the very first moment I could, I'm a master at this game :smug: Ignore it took me 3 tries, a lot of my restoratives and staying away like a coward.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

One more question about Samurai Remnant if I might. I just got Rogue Berserker as a support Servant and already used enough skill gems to get the 60 points needed to max him out at level 100. But given his lack of availability AFAIK, should I blow a few more gems on him to get him the 100~ SP to get 11 skills (and thus let me unlock the Earth skill on Iori's grid) so I can master the tree whenever I want? Or just wait till NG+ and save gems for Rogue Saber (albeit he apparently is more available on NG+ as long as you do his Disgression)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

One more question about Samurai Remnant if I might. I just got Rogue Berserker as a support Servant and already used enough skill gems to get the 60 points needed to max him out at level 100. But given his lack of availability AFAIK, should I blow a few more gems on him to get him the 100~ SP to get 11 skills (and thus let me unlock the Earth skill on Iori's grid) so I can master the tree whenever I want? Or just wait till NG+ and save gems for Rogue Saber (albeit he apparently is more available on NG+ as long as you do his Disgression)

Okay, never mind, didn't know you could do all his Disgressions the first time so it unlocked 2 extra nodes, with one more Servant level he can get 11 skills and then I won't have to worry till NG+. All I'm waiting for is for the last statue to be available, do I have to wait for the Void stance before it can randomly appear when carving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Supremezero posted:

In hollow ataraxia she likes Poseidon and calls him her boyfriend, which... presumably would not happen with the rape backstory.

On the other hand, Saber Medusa apparently hates him and spends time with Caenis talking poo poo about him, presumably due to shared rape by poseidon backstory. But that could just be a gag :shrug:

Saber Medusa has Athena stuff mixed into her Saber SG due to the same reason she gets Harpe as a Lancer so it could be her resentment against the gods in general (cause even if she was fine with Poseidon pre-Gorgonization after Athena cursed her she wouldn't be so happy) getting an oomph against Poseidon because you know, rivalries.

Anyways, I had a weird question about completition in Samurai Remnant since I'm close to my second ending. I know to unlock the Battle Recollections related to an ending you need to load the Clear file, but for the logbook entries, could I do Ray of Light, reload a past save, go for the Third Ending, Snake variant but then do a NG+ with the Ray of Light save for the Rat variant of the third ending?

TL, DR: Are logbook entries global or by savefile? Cause in the second case you have to beat the game 4 times for full completition, and also I did powerlevelling on Ray of Light and also got some maxed mountings and I don't wanna have to use third ending for NG+.