Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Now begins the race between the onset of the shipping deadline and the citrus ripening on my patio. You cant sent food gifts from Florida without some oranges, that's just mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

shitfuck is there a bonus late sign ups round? If so I'll email bart immediately.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Welp, SOMEONE is getting some citrus and other goodies on wednesday. A little early holiday cheer.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 16, 2014

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
I've heard nothing, here's hopin I'm in the bonus round of assignments. Can't wait to start making stuff!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Oh wow, this went super fast. :( I don't post around here a ton but I always have fun and I made pickles this year and there's even garlic scapes in them and I was hoping to share.

Hope things open up again!

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Go ahead and send your info in. I'm going to try to get Bonus Round assignments (yes, including you, 30 Goddamned Dicks) out tomorrow night. I had to wait for one or two folks' information.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I submitted my info! Wee

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yay! I am all signed up. I have some yummy garlicky spicy pickles all ready to go out and I will find some other goodies to go with.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

HOLY poo poo IT'S BONUS CHRISTMAS!

Yes that's right, I finally got the Bonus Round assignments out. Sorry it took so long, folks. Now go forth and giftify.

If anyone is missing an email or got weird information or anything at this time, please PM or email me and I'll do my best to get it fixed.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Thanks Bart!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Looks like I'm the first to receive a package! Suspect Bucket has gone out of their way to overwhelm my poor, snowy midwestern shitheap of a week with delicious citrus! It got here on the 18th, I just haven't had enough time to sit down and post since then.

I have to share a couple pictures here, because this is awesome.

Seriously. Fresh citrus in mid-winter is awesome. I've been taking them to work as lunch all week.

Also :

Gotta love Christmas ransom notes. Thanks, Bucket! My whole dining room smells like oranges and herbs, and it made my day.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Yay! I was concerned that they got stuck in a snowbank or whatever happens up north. Were the cookies and caramels any good? The caramels left here are sticky and a little falling apart, but yummy.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm daunted by my Santa assignment but my girlfriend and I are plotting already.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I cannot tell a lie -- I already got my gifts, but I have been too lazy to take pictures. They're amazing, though! I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Yay! I was concerned that they got stuck in a snowbank or whatever happens up north. Were the cookies and caramels any good? The caramels left here are sticky and a little falling apart, but yummy.

They're tasty! The caramels are a little sticky, but the bits of candied ginger are a really neat texture/flavor change.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND DECORATIVE FOOD BOXES/TINS IN THIS CITY?!

I hobbled, one crutched, around like 4 loving grocery stores before I found a variety of sizes - at the dollar store.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Holy cow my package arrived (like two weeks ago, I'm such a slackass)!

What fresh hell is this?

It's amazingly delicious chocolate and caramel shortbread!

And a ton of other sweet Canadian stuff!

And a tremendously thoughtful note!

Toast posted:

Greetings, from the Chicago of the North... or at least what used to be called that back when they still handed out those nicknames. I think we still get a lot of film work filling in for old Chicago.

In any case, here are some local treats:

1. Saskatoon Jam: Normally, I'd send some from my own bushes but it was a bad year. This stuff is local & supposedly great. Sk'oons are sweeter / fruitier than blueberries.
2. Buttertarts: Canadian Delicacy! These are mass mkt spur of the moment purchase
3. Morden's of Wpg: World Famous Russian Mints & Chocolate Manitoba Bison
4. Wildrice Pancake: This was an interesting option to show the wild rice option.
5. Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar: They win all sorts of awards, but this is my fave. Awesome on a roast beef sandwich or just a cracker.
6. Millionaire's Shortbread: Hopefully this survives the trip. [Ed. It did! It was delicious!] One of my fav potlick treats... recipe is on the wiki if you like it.

Normally I'd make sure this got there closer to xmas, unfortunately I'm heading across the border this w/e and that means you actually get this on time without it costing $120 to ship... so merry early gws xmas

Toast
Winnipeg MB Canada

Oh you! :love::love::love::love:
Thank you so much, Toast!

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
yay! that's great! glad it got there

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
If there are anymore openings I would love to do it again this year. But I understand I'm late on the uptake of everyone is all full up.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I've got a week off before I start my new position, so one of you lucky fuckers is getting homemade beef jerky. :getin:

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Errant Gin Monks posted:

If there are anymore openings I would love to do it again this year. But I understand I'm late on the uptake of everyone is all full up.

Email or pm me your info. I might have a spot open given some other developments.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Hey santee, hope you like beef jerky! And also bourbon in EVERYTHING!

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I really hope my santee digs sweets, cause uhhh that's all I put in there.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's what most of mine's going to be as well. I'm planning on sending my box out Saturday, dear Santee! Be excite for the wonders of Ohio fare!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Mine got sent out today, it's literally a box of pickles and tea and I hope they like both those things. Alas, I couldn't bake for this.

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!
I got a delivery notice from UPS today which I can only assume is my gift. I went by the store to pick it up, but it won't be there till tomorrow. I won't be able to get it until Saturday night, so close and yet so far...

I'll be in the States tomorrow so I'll be shipping out my goodies then to save a boatload of time and money.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
My Santee got theirs on Monday. Or at least it got dropped off at their house.

OmegaBeard
Sep 13, 2010
The package did indeed arrive!

Wiggles, this is amazing, and I can't properly begin to express my appreciation of it! The apple butter alone made my wife practically jump and giggle, as it's been near a decade since we've had it, come to think of it. The plum jerkum is sitting in the fridge, and may well be opened come Sunday, when we sit down for a nice dinner together.

Also, I'm very glad you liked your stuff last year! Do let me know if I can ever send you more things from here!

To my Santee: Package going out this weekend, finishing up purchasing as a new batch of seasonal flavors just hit shelves!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Oh, good! I don't know what kind of mailbox ninjas you guys have, so I was worried. Glad it made it all in one piece.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

My Santee should have received their gift by now. I'd check, but I dropped the tracking number behind my couch, and there's an 18 year old cat purr-sleeping on it. I can't bear to move the couch and disturb him

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
International Santee, your box will be on it's way tomorrow! It may be small, but ogawd there is so much in there.

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!

Rockzilla posted:

I got a delivery notice from UPS today which I can only assume is my gift. I went by the store to pick it up, but it won't be there till tomorrow. I won't be able to get it until Saturday night, so close and yet so far...

I'll be in the States tomorrow so I'll be shipping out my goodies then to save a boatload of time and money.

False alarm, it was a screwdriver that my wife had ordered under my name.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I received my package today!!

Thank you so much Neonegrey! I'm gonna eat the gently caress out of those pickles. Also I really love tea. You can see my teapot lurking in the back of my picture. Yaaaaay!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yay! I'm glad you like it, I was so worried with such a strange combination, haha.

The best part of making pickles is getting to send them out to people, though. :3:

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

What in the hell is in them, they are so good, but have a very interesting spice. My husband claimed them. Or, tried to.

Sorry I'm allergic to dairy :/ I thought it might gently caress over whoever had me. I really do love tea and pickles though so

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Let's see, a lot of red pepper flakes, extra dill, black pepper, mustard seed, garlic, garlic scapes, and Club House pickling spice, which also has coriander, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon(???), and garlic scapes, of course.

It was kind of a Christmas miracle, since I needed to keep it within Canada this year due to the cost of shipping pickles only going up.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I got my GWSmass gift! I BURN WITH CANADIAN TIRE FIRE

What? A package for meeeee? From the far off and magical land of VANCOUVER?! The geese have told me such magical tales of that storybook world.

I immediately made a mushroom rice bowl to appreciate the spices. Dried portabellos rehydrated in a splash of soy sauce and vinegar, then hot water to coat. Then tossed in a generous pinch of the kimchi powder. Served over warm rice with nori strips.

Oh man, let me tell you, I CAN NOT EAT KIMCHI IN IT'S JARRED FORM. I wish I could! I just absolutely can not get over the sewage cabbage smell and taste. I've tried so many times! So many recipes. It is my one flavor failure (besides being a completely tasteless shitlord). But this powder? I can now appreciate kimchi! It totally hits all those awesome fermenty sour omnom notes without reminding me of the time the sewer backed up on the St. Patrick's Day parade. I must have more.

The Pickled Chillie Powder was amazing! A great low burn that really snuck up on me, with more of those sour notes that went great with the mushroom rice. Just a little smoky, very warming and flavorful, without being overly sour and soul destroyingly spicy. I'm gonna share this with my friends. I must have the recipe.

I will make fresh bread tomorrow to fully appreciate the jam. Cuz DIS MY JAM and I will not sully it with day-olds.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 13, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Wowwie! Santa came!

What's all this here, it's a very, very heavy box!

Look at all of these goodies. :3:

So I've got: some cranberry/cashew buckeye brittle, peppermint bark, some buckeyes, two jars of pickles and peppers, barbecue sauce, some extra-delicious looking honey, the fanciest maple syrup I've ever seen, aged in bourbon barrles and all that, a bottle of some really nice-looking barbecue sauce, and a can of hot dog sauce that unfortunately got dented to hell in transit. Oh, and a big ol' bottle of mead.

Seriously, wow! Thanks for a great package, Manuel Cavalera, this is awesome. :3:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just glad the bottles didn't break! And my sneaky labeling of the mead on the customs form didn't raise any suspicion. :getin:

Glad it's all satisfactory! I figured I'd make it worthwhile with the shipping costs. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Oh yeah, it's hilarious that with all that glass in there, it's the can that dents, haha. And yeah, not a peep on the mead. I'm working this weekend but I'm really looking forward to cracking that bottle on Monday. I've never had mead before, but I can't wait to try.

Also, the maple syrup is extra great because there's a slim but extant chance that I might have to move overseas early next year, so if it comes up, this will be great to bring with me, to the land of no maple syrup. Thanks a billion! :3:

• Locked thread