Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the anti femi nazi
May 30, 2007

Rockzilla posted:

Hey! Guess what showed up this morning! A box from you with some crushed (but still awesome) pecan rosemary shortbreads, homemade beef jerky, some Stroopwaffels from the Netherlands and some Trader Joe's goodies. I don't know if you knew this, but TJ's stuff is pretty hard to come by here, I think there's a store that sells it somewhere in town, but that may be a Canadian urban legend. I also don't know how you knew about my love of cookie butter, I make it a point to stock up every time I'm in the states so I'm beyond stoked to have another jar to add to my stash. Thanks for the awesome haul anti femi nazi!

Yay! Glad you got it / like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a box today! From...North Carolina? There were things in the box!

Scandinavian things!

like napkins, and a bread bag!

and apricot & brandy chocolate covered candies! And licorice candies! One with habanero! (apologies for the blurry picture, not sure why this one was so unsteady.)

and some sort of juice you dilute with water, little dark chocolate sheet/wafers, and rose hip, Æble (which google translate tells me is apple!) and elderflower marmalade! And tiny flags!

Thank you so much Happy Hat, you're the best! I'm slightly glad I didn't, but at the same time kinda wish I'd gotten, those salty licorice candies I've heard of. Everything else I tried was really good though! Even if I'm not big on licorice really. The little wafers are especially nice, little bites of chocolate. :3:

The fleece blanket was a present from my mom, just for anyone curious. AND IT MAY BE A SECRET MESSAGE TO HAT. :wink:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 8, 2015

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Dude.. The chocolate goes on bread, on top of butter

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that's what you're good at, teaching silly foreigners the proper way to eat your local treats! I'll do just that soon.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Santee's gift was sent off to Europe on the 22nd but hasn't posted yet. My gift was received and is somewhere in my corporate mail system still because my office is an odd one and someone's head exploded.

I am the worst participant of this whole program right now.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I have a package :)))

As a europid Nuru, don't worry, we're used to the fact that mail from 3rd world mail systems is slow :)

I will post when I pick it up! (Either tonight or tomorrow)

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

One person has contacted me through email about not receiving a package. Is anyone else still waiting?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Hat posted:

I have a package :)))

As a europid Nuru, don't worry, we're used to the fact that mail from 3rd world mail systems is slow :)

I will post when I pick it up! (Either tonight or tomorrow)

I am not sure if one component of that survived that long of a trip, but fingers crossed.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

bartolimu posted:

One person has contacted me through email about not receiving a package. Is anyone else still waiting?

I'm not and mine was delivered to my Santee but could you please out the accused so that we may shame him/her into submission? Only after you've confirmed that the slack-rear end didn't actually send it, and not that it got lost in the mail or something.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It looks like there was some confusion at work and the package I thought was going to be from santa was from a vendor.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

The Midniter posted:

I'm not and mine was delivered to my Santee but could you please out the accused so that we may shame him/her into submission? Only after you've confirmed that the slack-rear end didn't actually send it, and not that it got lost in the mail or something.

Bart always does public shame folks if they don't follow through on any promises after the initial contact.

WhoIsYou
Jan 28, 2009
Slacker reporting in. Got a package a week and a half ago from Deathrat.

Roasted Chickpeas, Raspberry chocolate bar, peanut butter sriracha cookies, pecan mandlebrot, and baklava.

Thanks for everything, Deathrat!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Did someone send me a bag of tiny plastic cats?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
No, but I'll try to find you some tiny bottles of plastic cat wine to serve to them.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Drink and Fight posted:

Did someone send me a bag of tiny plastic cats?

That wasn't me either.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

A package has arrived! I can't open it until tomorrow, but it smells of gingerbread (I think?) when I open the corner a bit.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I've been a really shameful Santee for not posting about how much I've been enjoying this plethora of Japanese snacks that I received over a month ago. I can't find the note that my Santa included, and I can't remember their name. Whoops! It's been great. I just broke into the burnt sugar-flavored hard candies and they are off the hook. The green tea KitKats were great too, as were the tomato basil Pocky (or Pocky-like snack sticks).

My girlfriend has been enjoying them all as well. Thanks Santa!

OmegaBeard
Sep 13, 2010
Excellent, was wondering if somehow the normally excellent post service from here had managed to gently caress up. Glad you're enjoying the goodies!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Whew, found the letter.

Echeveria sent me a package! The pumpkin spice snickerdoodles were quickly devoured by my girlfriend, and I enjoyed the various canadian chocolates included. Some spices were also included and "mild chipotle" may work well since I've been trying to wean her on spiciness so I don't have told back so much when I cook. Thanks Santa Echeveria (and sorry for the post delay!). I would post a picture but there isn't much left. We didn't hold back.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Did the cookies get smashed? They were pretty soft. I use the mild chili powder in my chili, with some chipotle in adobo. It's quite mild and very delicious. I was going to send the hot, but I wasn't sure how into spice you are.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

They were smashed a bit but that didn't stop anyone. I love spicy, but she doesn't, so it's a good compliment to what I have already. Thanks!

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Welp, since in postal terms January is now over I'm going to assume I've been grinched again. Since this is now 3 times in 4 years (and 3 for 6 overall) between GWSSS and my other culinary one I think I might have learned my lesson :p

Cheers to the vast majority of people who do this right and make it overall a great experience though and to Bart for doing all the work.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Toast where do you live? PM me, I'll send you something.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Echeveria posted:

Seconded.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Toast posted:

Welp, since in postal terms January is now over I'm going to assume I've been grinched again. Since this is now 3 times in 4 years (and 3 for 6 overall) between GWSSS and my other culinary one I think I might have learned my lesson :p

Cheers to the vast majority of people who do this right and make it overall a great experience though and to Bart for doing all the work.

I'd also send you a thing.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I'd also send you a thing.

nuru posted:

Seconded.

Echeveria posted:

see, i also got shafted, but i feel like a dick for getting in on this...

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

We can distribute the willing among the needy.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
And whats really sad to me is I haven't heard anything from my giftee. Makes me doubt if my gift even made it.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I'm glad to send a few things to a few shafted giftees.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Don't worry about it til Bart officially declares time's up guys, at that point he'll probably ask for volunteers.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Fess up time.

I emailed Bart last night, but Toast, I am your Santa. I sent out a bunch of awesome stuff: Local Farmer's Market goods, Texas Beers, Dried chilies, etc... on Dec 28th.

Unfortunately, when I searched my email for Bart's email with the info, I pulled up the info for the person from the LAST GWSS that I participated in, which I didn't realize until I saw Bart's latest email asking for a status. So, a certain other goon got some great stuff!

I will be sending out another package to you early next week after I have had a chance to go rebuy all of the stuff.

I am SO sorry Toast, completely my fault.

Doom Rooster fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 2, 2015

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

good to hear

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

oxyrosis posted:

see, i also got shafted, but i feel like a dick for getting in on this...

Your Santa hasn't responded yet. He has 24 hours to do so, after which he'll be outed (and banned) and we'll see what we can do about finding you a proper Santa.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

bartolimu posted:

Your Santa hasn't responded yet. He has 24 hours to do so, after which he'll be outed (and banned) and we'll see what we can do about finding you a proper Santa.

muchas gracias, its been a particularly bad year for me with online secret santas.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

All hail Phaxtor, Grinch Extraordinaire. :redhammer:

If anyone is interested in picking up his copious slack so oxyrosis can have a proper Christmas in February, feel free to email or PM me. As far as I know, this is the only confirmed grinching. A couple of other people haven't received anything, but their santas have been communicative and I'm inclined to indulge them for a little while yet. Not long, though.

If you haven't received anything and haven't gotten an update from me or your santa, send me a PM or email to remind me. It's been...interesting around here lately and I may have missed something somewhere.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

God dammit. Phaxtor was my Santee and I sent him some pretty good poo poo, with no feedback at all. Get a load of what he wrote in his signup:

quote:

If your Target had any words for Santa (that's you!), they will be below this line and before my closing sentence(s).

Dear Mr. and/or Mrs. Santa Claus,

I felt as though I should write something here since it is listed in

the steps of things to do. I hate ignoring steps, even if they claim

to be "optional". So I'm just going to ramble a bit -- maybe wish you

happy holidays or tell you all about the high expectations I have of

your incoming basket. I have decided to do both. Thank you for your

patience while I deliberated, these things take time you know.

First off, I hope your holiday season is as enjoyable as mine will be

once your basket arrives. I will be judging it the moment the package

is left on my front stoop. Don't forget that presentation is still

very integral with shipped food. I'm sure you can find some great

ideas on pintrist, facebook, reddit, or maybe even myspace -- who

knows? Oh wait, the all-seeing demi-god of holiday cheer Santa Claus

knows! Good, I have less to stress about regarding my initial

impression. Remember, my holiday cheer hinges on this gift!

Let’s move to discussing the actual contents now. I am not very picky,

and as you know, I love experiencing flavors unique to different areas

of the country. I expect creativity. Nothing is off-limits and my bar

is set ridiculously high in anticipation of trying my new favorite

food in just a few weeks. I suppose I don’t need to ramble on too much

more. I think you get the idea of what to do from here on out. If not,

I can mail a rubric with my grading scale or something clever like

that.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

I bet you wish you'd sent a package with an artistic presentation of cat poo poo now.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Toast posted:

I bet you wish you'd sent a package with an artistic presentation of cat poo poo now.

Or just actual cat poo poo.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

The Midniter posted:

Get a load of what he wrote in his signup:

Oh my loving god. Banning was too good for this cuntnozzle.

MAKE IT PRETTY AND PERFECT MY HAPPINESS HINGES ON THIS K

May we send them delightfully arranged cat poo poo? I got some ideas from pinterest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I can't imagine that being written seriously.

• Locked thread