Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Emron posted:

Okay, serious thoughts about the Bama game time.

There is no universe in which this was a good game. We had 66 yards of rushing. 2 turnovers. 2 muffed punts. A missed field goal. We basically only won because Arkansas hosed up more than we did, and probably got a pretty significant dicking from the officials.

I really liked the part where they robbed Arkansas of a final possession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The bar next door is having an IPA invasion. You decide:
South Carolina didn't win today
South Carolina didn't lose today

My liver depends on the outcome

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Couple right in front of my sis and I (although they weren't particularly bad), and I was up on the third deck near the south endzone pretty close to a big cluster of Froggies. Got an earful.

Also, seating at Mcclane is kind of weird. Putting the visitors on the south endzone is nothing new, but I don't know why there was a huge-rear end clump of purple in the north side of the third deck.

i was near the bigger clump and they were loud and gently caress them

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Zoran posted:

It really was pretty egregious. I'm looking forward to hearing the official explanation (read: rear end-covering)

JT Jag posted:

I more or less expected Alabama to be somewhere from 8-4 to 10-2 this year, it's just they've been bad in somewhat different ways than I expected them to be. They got around my jadedness shields by looking explosive on offense for a few games so reality is kind of a comedown.

Same. I want to be careful here and really stress that I didn't do so all sad out of entitlement, but just by looking realistically at our chances given the performance of some of our units (secondary, offensive line). We have some great talent and I think we're going to have some strong years to come, but this year we look pretty average, and are simply benefiting from voters being desperate to kiss our rear end.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Pudgygiant posted:

The bar next door is having an IPA invasion. You decide:
South Carolina didn't win today
South Carolina didn't lose today

My liver depends on the outcome

What did Spurrier shoot on the links today? Drink that many.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

i was near the bigger clump and they were loud and gently caress them

North side, third deck you mean? Ouch. My sympathies.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

So Houston managed to pull a win out of its rear end (which is always nice), but each win theoretically makes it harder for us to get rid out of lovely coaches after the season's over so it's bittersweet.

Sports are complicated.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
Drinking real hard in honor of our lovely football team that played Honourably

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
I expect my team to win every game and play well. Please tell me how many lashes and I will commence self-flagellation and Hail Leaches.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fire will muschamp

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Tim Beckman burned the redshirt of his super talented quarterback in the 4th quarter of today's loss for no discernible reason. Fire the gently caress out of Tim Beckman now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why is that guys shirt attempting to make the Indiana logo with Florida letters

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Emron posted:

Why is that guys shirt attempting to make the Indiana logo with Florida letters
I think that was their helmet logo between about 1970 and 1980?

e:

Basil Hayden fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 12, 2014

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
LSU Les Miles'ed their way into a win in the swamp and it was beautiful.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Re Alabama: To be completely fair, Bama is extremely young this year. Two freshmen and a sophomore on the O line. No senior RBs. Freshman kicker and punter. Defense is more of the same. ONE senior of any consequence on D.

What is hurting Bama more than anything is attrition due to so many stars going early.

This year expect them to lose Copper and Yeldon to the pros and DePriest to graduation. And that's all they lose in terms of big contributors.

That said, they HAVE to get fundamentals under control. If they don't improve, they are going to get smoked by A&M, Miss St, Auburn, and probably LSU.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Basil Hayden posted:

I think that was their helmet logo between about 1970 and 1980?

e:

Well, I hate it.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Zoran posted:

No, they continued to play after ESPN cut away and Arkansas pulled out a wonderful hook and lateral to win the game. Not sure how come no one else is aware of this.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State almost pulled the same poo poo that they did against Nebraska except this time it was loving Purdue and it featured the most baffling playcall I've seen in the Dantonio era (fake punt from our own 30 when up by two touchdowns. Could've worked if not for hilariously bad blocking). We're going to fall rear end backwards into the Big Ten Championship game and possibly a playoff berth and I'm going to spend the entire time shouting "WHAT THE gently caress" at my TV.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

No, they continued to play after ESPN cut away and Arkansas pulled out a wonderful hook and lateral to win the game. Not sure how come no one else is aware of this.

This play's is Canon.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Word is that Deshaun Watson will need surgery on his hand and may be out 5 weeks :(

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Looked at the rest of Duke's schedule and if anyone wants a few laughs, here it is:

Sat, Oct 18 vs. Virginia
Sat, Nov 1 @ Pittsburgh
Sat, Nov 8 @ Syracuse
Sat, Nov 15 vs. Virginia Tech
Thu, Nov 20 vs. North Carolina
Sat, Nov 29 vs. Wake Forest

Every game is certainly winnable but I'm sure they'll drop a few. Still, they've got a pretty good shot at getting blown out by FSU again in the ACC Championship game.

Also heading back to campus for the UNC game for the first time in a few years with a bunch of friends. Should be pretty fun to go to a game now that the team is halfway decent, considering freshman through junior year the team went a combined 2 - 33. Which really does help but things in perspective.

Then we're road-tripping it to Mizzou at Tennessee so we can see what real SEC Football™ is like. Might have to get some recommendations on things to do in Knoxville.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Adun posted:

Then we're road-tripping it to Mizzou at Tennessee so we can see what real SEC Football™ is like. Might have to get some recommendations on things to do in Knoxville.

Go play with all the wigs stored in the top of the Sun Sphere.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Emron posted:

"fans" plural

You are literally just talking about Scionix but that magically became "fans"

One piece of trash Bammer is all piece of trash bammers

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Adun posted:

Every game is certainly winnable but I'm sure they'll drop a few. Still, they've got a pretty good shot at getting blown out by FSU again in the ACC Championship game.

FSU is very beatable, even by a coastal team. Planning against us is very weird because some problems pop up in some games and are addressed pretty well in others, then pop back up later.

I'd much rather play Ole Miss than Miss State :-/

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
hey bama fans, how you liking offensive genius lane kiffin?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida tried really hard, I reckon.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

FSU is very beatable, even by a coastal team. Planning against us is very weird because some problems pop up in some games and are addressed pretty well in others, then pop back up later.

I'd much rather play Ole Miss than Miss State :-/

FSU's schedule after Notre Dame is equally hilarious. Maybe you get a fluke game like NC State in there but holy hell the ACC sucks

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Emron posted:

"fans" plural

You are literally just talking about Scionix but that magically became "fans"

By the way, does anyone know who it was who gave scionix his new avatar?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU is a bad football team this year. UF is worse.

I'm okay with that because gently caress UF and how the Spurrier years still(!!!) haunt me.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

all i ask is that bama, fsu, and ND don't make the playoff

is that too much to ask of the chaos gods

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The-Mole posted:

hey bama fans, how you liking offensive genius lane kiffin?

I still am pretty optimistic on him.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Adun posted:

Looked at the rest of Duke's schedule and if anyone wants a few laughs, here it is:

Sat, Oct 18 vs. Virginia
Sat, Nov 1 @ Pittsburgh
Sat, Nov 8 @ Syracuse
Sat, Nov 15 vs. Virginia Tech
Thu, Nov 20 vs. North Carolina
Sat, Nov 29 vs. Wake Forest

Also heading back to campus for the UNC game for the first time in a few years with a bunch of friends. Should be pretty fun to go to a game now that the team is halfway decent, considering freshman through junior year the team went a combined 2 - 33. Which really does help but things in perspective.

Seconding the wigs in the Sunsphere. On the real, there are some pretty solid bars in downtown Knoxville on Gay St. or in the Old City. I'm not sure how the campus bar scene on Cumberland Ave. is because I haven't drank there since I was in school. Also, if you're willing to drive 10 minutes outside of campus and into the ghetto, Chandler's is the best Southern restaurant in Knoxville. If not, Downtown Grill & Brewery on Gay St. is decent.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tide posted:

Re Alabama: To be completely fair, Bama is extremely young this year. Two freshmen and a sophomore on the O line. No senior RBs. Freshman kicker and punter. Defense is more of the same. ONE senior of any consequence on D.

What is hurting Bama more than anything is attrition due to so many stars going early.

This year expect them to lose Copper and Yeldon to the pros and DePriest to graduation. And that's all they lose in terms of big contributors.
Sims is a fifth-year senior too, so they'll be playing the "find a new QB" game again

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

JT Jag posted:

Sims is a fifth-year senior too, so they'll be playing the "find a new QB" game again

Maybe they can raid a JuCo like everyone else in the division does

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Emron posted:

I still am pretty optimistic on him.

So is the O-line just not where it needs to be, or what? Because Derrick Henry is a beast and it's shocking to see him not putting up a bunch of yards in every game.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

LSU is a bad football team this year. UF is worse.

LSU fans probably like the thought of their head coach keeping his job, too.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

LLCoolJD posted:

So is the O-line just not where it needs to be, or what? Because Derrick Henry is a beast and it's shocking to see him not putting up a bunch of yards in every game.

We lost our starting center, and the impact from that is showing. It's a young line and the run blocking is...not great. It's weird, because the pass protection has been pretty good all season. Sims was making a lot of questionable decisions and throws, this game, too.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Also, what is this bizarro-world where the two Mississippi teams are the best in the SEC west and all the other teams (aside from Auburn maybe?) are not that good. At least we're still better than the SEC-East so the order is upheld somewhat,

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

JT Jag posted:

lol wazzu's entire offense is halliday who's gone next year

if you thought we were bad this year, wait till you see what we look like when our offense goes from setting passing records to an absolute dumpster fire full of piss and poo poo

we're going 0-12 and it's not even gonna be close. we're gonna get stomped by an fcs school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah, plenty are already calling for his head.

• Locked thread