Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I am really huge fan of Steven Kellog's stuff. I was reading those books as a kid in the 80s, and every time I come across one in a used bookstore, I have to have it. Even though the faces he draws are really goofy, the way he uses color is fascinating to me. "The Mysterious Tadpole" will always be one of my favorites, and I loved the Tall-Tale series of books he did back in the day.

I am also really drawn to old James Stevenson books. The art isn't anywhere near as good, but I feel really strongly about it as I was obsessed as a kid. In particular the ones in which a mustachioed kid plays a role.

I have a three year old now, and so we get new books fairly regularly. There is so much really good stuff out there these days.

I really dig the stuff Oliver Jeffers is doing. "The Great Paper Caper" "Stuck" and "This Moose Belongs To Me" are all really well done, with interesting artwork. Adam Rex's work on Kids books is really good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread