Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Daedalus1134 posted:

Kyoani has precedents for random one off idol segments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUE0JKLhEc

For all its faults, Kyoukai was really well-animated and knew how to parody certain common tropes when it felt like it. (For those who didn't watch the series, these flashbacks were never actually portrayed in the series and it's a huge pisstake.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Xythar posted:

The idol episode was when I realised I hated Kyoukai no Kanata.

I like comedy and slapstick (eg this entire show) but not when it's so utterly tone-deaf compared to the rest of the production. It stuck out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way.

Well yes, it had a lot of faults. But again, the visuals were drat good and were prettymuch the highlight of the whole thing. Sadly the tone and story were pretty off.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I like how much they played up the AV thing and the contrast with her personality was already a good gag by setting up audience expectations and kicking the chair out from under them, but then added yet another gag with the twist of what she meant by "AV".

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I do like how they got his voice actor to imitate the stylings of the mascot characters as they pretended to be him. I thought it was pretty drat funny watching Kanye's rep getting more and more twisted.

• Locked thread