Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Same op except I bought it and my parents are really mad :smith:

move out and they won't do that

e: just tell them you borrowed it and then when rent's late blow some smoke, they'll understnad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Heavy Lobster posted:

sorry i have a hard time telling with zelda opinions sometimes. idk i think it had some pretty decent ideas but the actual dungeon design was piss poor because instead of doing the cool and fun thing by relying on all the tools you have they went the unfun route and assumed you'd have none of them so every single dungeon plays like the first one of the game in terms of relative complexity. The bandit caves were neat and the trials in the castle were too but really if they just took the combat system and transplanted it into a better game I would be happy.

I didn't like this at all but I'm also biased against any hard mode that's just "take more damage" instead of "new mechanics are introduced"

consequently i don't like a lot of hard modes

DurrrRRRRR I love switching my weapons in thr menus every time I go in a new room! I would like to do this more! THIS. IS. GAME DESIGN!!!!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Cake Attack posted:

link between worlds was a very good game and better than some recent zelda titles, although it lacked any memorable characters like Groose was which is a shame

DURR I DON'T CONSIDER HILDA, THE SEXIEST ZELDA EVER MADE, TO BE MEMORABLE

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really love the sand rod, it's totally not freezing lava w/ the ice rod

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

i really love the sand rod, it's totally not freezing lava w/ the ice rod

yeah you love rods alright

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Ristolaz posted:

DURR I DON'T CONSIDER HILDA, THE SEXIEST ZELDA EVER MADE, TO BE MEMORABLE

I just met Hilda. Sexy VA boy how-dee

"Hey" :wink:

This game's soundtrack and sound direction are crazy good.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
the witch is a hot babe as well imo

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

If you play games and think you should be ashamed of them you probably need to be put out of your misery or talk to a therapist, or at least think about how actually childish that is. If you don't play games why are you in this forum.

This.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Cake Attack posted:

link between worlds was a very good game and better than some recent zelda titles, although it lacked any memorable characters like Groose was which is a shame

it has irene

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

if i was acting like i was still in middle school i would be playing pokemon under my desk on my game boy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i was expecting the witch to be maple but instead she's a fun nice character who is helping you entirely to be lazy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i beat link between worlds 30 seconds ago finally after abandoning it in te final dungeon for a million years. cool and good game. DA fuq was that last boss though? Super easiest poo poo of all time, you didnt even need to use all the items you collected tthrough your journey

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can get a 3ds on ebay for like 60-80 bucks. smdh

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Hoodrich posted:

you didnt even need to use all the items you collected tthrough your journey

so it's like the rest of the game

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

because carrying childrens gaming toys with you when youre in your late 20s or 30s is really pathetic

Do not be a "hater".

gay skull fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 16, 2014

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
"borrowed a 3ds with link between worlds and sm4ash" [rated 1 stars] This exciting new movie from director Jon Favreau ( Iron Man, Swingers ) details one mans struggle to get the full Smash Bros experience on a limited time budget. Borrowing a friend's gaming console the man dives into a world of underground fighting rings, and colorful characters. Starring Steve Carrel as the enigmatic "thuly", this charming dark comedy asks the hard questions like "What is Game&Watch's Side B?" while keeping a pitch level of excitement for the audience. Featuring a riveting guest star appearance by Harvey Keitel as "Mario". A must see this holiday season. ( Rated R for Sexual Violence )

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

you can beat the dungeons in the second half of the game in any order you please, and it's up to you to discover each dungeon's secrets. link between worlds is my favorite zelda game and is probably going to be considered the best zelda game for the forseeable future

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only downside to gaming in public is when you're sitting on a train and some little kid is climbing over the back of your seat to peep at your swagger.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The only downside to gaming in public is when you're sitting on a train and some little kid is climbing over the back of your seat to peep at your swagger.

I take it as a chance to share some wisdom with a young, but kindred soul.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
Protip: keep the 3ds, let me borrow it for sm4sh

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Four words to get them to leave you alone: "Can I help you?"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

3DS is worth owning for sure

Like even if you finish Zelda (which owns) and Mario 3D Land (which owns), then you start getting into the 70 hour JRPGs and finish them (Fire Emblem is great, I liked SMT4 and EO4 but they're not for everybody, Pokemon is Pokemon)

Then there's the replayable stuff like Smash 4 and Curtain Call

It's a really good system

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I ordered MArio Golf because I loved the Gamecube one.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Plz do not stifle the innocent curiosity of a child because you can't handle a person looking at you because of your self diagnosed aspergers tho

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

3DS is worth owning for sure

Like even if you finish Zelda (which owns) and Mario 3D Land (which owns), then you start getting into the 70 hour JRPGs and finish them (Fire Emblem is great, I liked SMT4 and EO4 but they're not for everybody, Pokemon is Pokemon)

Then there's the replayable stuff like Smash 4 and Curtain Call

It's a really good system

I'm going to buy it eventually but because Rune Factory.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Plz do not stifle the innocent curiosity of a child because you can't handle a person looking at you because of your self diagnosed aspergers tho

Shut the gently caress up, fag.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

I'm to the last dungeon now

I played the whole game w/o Pegasus boots thinking they'd be a dungeon prize and was really confused after I found one weird trick in the ice ruins

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Play Smash 4 instead of zelda

If you want the zelda experience just do one match with toon link vs ganondorf

Dec 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

link between worlds was a very good game and better than some recent zelda titles

most recent zelda titles really

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

its really good. i played it a lot.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's good.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

you borrowed yourself a good time , op. bon goon.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

toadstool tour ftmfw

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Swelter Discharge posted:

toadstool tour ftmfw

get world tour

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it's good

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Handheld zelda remains the best Zelda.

Ice ruins is a really neat dungeon, so is turtle rock.

The whole experience is in a weird, good place in my brain - the whole game felt simultaneously like a tribute, a sequel, and a remake of LttP.

Between this and zero mission nobody but Nintendo should be allowed to do remakes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the art styles of the gameboy zeldas the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mario Golf World Tour is a goddamn masterpiece of a game and I personally hate anyone who doesn't like it

• Locked thread