Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

saltylopez posted:

I'm not going to be available for raiding anymore, I spoke to Garage a bit about it earlier this weekend. It's a combination of work being super busy and burnout. I had a lot of fun and am glad I met you all. I hope you get Yogg.

Burn out is literally the worst. You were an amazing raid leader while I was in the guild and I had a ton of fun raiding with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I appreciate all the kind words. When I started playing on the server I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, and I attribute that to playing with all of you and Club Esteban. "saltylopez" is my ID on the Playstation 4 if anybody wants to hit me up sometime. I also have an xbox live gamertag at "Salty Lopez," but I'm usually just on there for netflix.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I haven't played in about 3-4 weeks on Algalon and I miss Kazz already.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kazz add me on ps4 bostoncollegefan ya boy fixins

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
It looks like the Realm name changed from Algalon, to Algalon - Main Realm...which has played gently caress all with my configs and reset every add on.

sweet!

/edit

change the config to say
"SET realmName "Algalon - Main Realm"

Now, to go figure out how to change the addons to use the old configs with the old realm name...

/edit /edit

It doesn't look like copying the data from the WTF/Account/Account name/Real name directories over to the NEW realm name directory helps....

/edit/edit/edit

Looks like you have to go into the individual addons and config them to use the old realm name configs. Bartender, for example, has a profile configuration and you can simply point it back to the old config. Copying and Pasting the old poo poo into the new directory doesn't seem to be effective.

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/news-and-rules/news-and-announcements/topic/4400/realm-name-update-algalon-main-realm#6

FrankenVader fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 8, 2015

thebonuslevel
Dec 9, 2012
Hi, I am trying to connect to the server using both
SET realmName Algalon - Main Realm
SET realmlist logon.dalaran-server.com
Every time I go to login I am prompted to update. I am running 3.3.5a.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

All my addons are working fine :smug:

EDIT: I predict people will be back once Blizzard craps its pants again (you know they will)

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I'm gonna miss ya Kazz, #1 Raid Lead. Leading goons is painful but you were incredibly patient and this past summer of raiding beats my retail raiding experience. In other news, this video is still great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hnKGTysDM

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Khako posted:

I'm gonna miss ya Kazz, #1 Raid Lead. Leading goons is painful but you were incredibly patient and this past summer of raiding beats my retail raiding experience. In other news, this video is still great.

I like the part about fixins the best in there.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Khako posted:

Poor Fixins. :(

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

You say poor Fixins, I say poor us.

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
I've got random people in Dalaran asking me when Hotpockets is going to log in again so that they can get a belt crafted.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I promised myself I wouldn't get back into WoW, but Ulduar was my favorite raid content. And it's not like I'm paying Blizzard 15 bucks a month to chat in Orgrimmar...

gently caress it. I downloaded the client and made a little babby druid named Tarroo. I may as well get guilded if there are officers about.

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
So <Brown Town> died pretty quickly.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We lasted a year. v :keke: V

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
And I'd almost hit level 80 too :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's fine, we'll get together again. It was the holiday period, goons will come flockin back in like a month or so.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Did someone ragedisband the guild? Because if they haven't they should.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

cupachabra posted:

Did someone ragedisband the guild? Because if they haven't they should.

Well Garage is the only officer that logs on regularly, and he isn't high enough ranked to loot the gbank :v:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i log on every day >:(

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Abu Dave posted:

i log on every day >:(

Same.

hell, I play during work hours...

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Actually I don't think Garage's mage is in the guild anymore. And he's certainly high enough to have access to the officer's tab, but I really don't think it matters. Runed Orbs were the only thing in there real valuable, and they ain't there anymore.

I'm still checking in pretty regularly, and I'm okay with leaving the gbank alone for now as we have a decent amount of useful stuff in the officer tab still. Give it at least a little while to see if people slither back before we pillage the poo poo out of it.

At this point though feel free to move your main chars to other guilds and leave alts around, as that seems to be the main thing people are doing right now. That, or pugging when/where you can.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 14, 2015

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
garbage has left the guild.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
Yeah..looks like Garage and Shed have fled. Not sure where...

I'm keeping Vitigis in there and my alts so far...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm in the guild. Unless you kicked me. Jerks.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can't really blame Garage for bolting. The guild is doing gently caress all right now.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
Shed is still in guild...Garage left to do raiding until peeps show up in BT again

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Just gonna say it. I blame the OP.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm in the guild. Unless you kicked me. Jerks.

Can someone with kick rights log on immediately and boot this jerk?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

FrankenVader posted:

Yeah..looks like Garage and Shed have fled. Not sure where...

I'm keeping Vitigis in there and my alts so far...

Noooooooooo! Who will I talk to about backpacks now?!

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
I've been putting a bunch of glyphs in the guild bank as I level inscription on my shaman. I'm right around level 200 right now, so feel free to send a request to Freddie if you need something.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

Did they change something to do with mob spawning on the server?

I was leveling in Ghostlands earlier and the area south of Sanctum of the Sun had no mobs in it, when I clearly remember it having spiders and lynxes on retail.

staguar
Aug 29, 2004

Melanion posted:

I was leveling in Ghostlands earlier and the area south of Sanctum of the Sun had no mobs in it, when I clearly remember it having spiders and lynxes on retail.

I've never had issues with no mobs spawning. If anything, more mobs spawn in a lot of area than spawned on retail.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Melanion posted:

That area just doesn't have mobs in it for some reason, jump to the other side of the scar for those cats/spiders.

Mob spawning in general in this server is very fixed, as is most things that spawn. Nearly everything that spawns spawns in the exact same places every time on a set timer. Rares, quest chests, most mineral nodes all spawn in very specific places here, and it very likely has to do with the servers coding. Somebody had to write all that out at some point, and it doesn't seem like they bothered much at all with the randomizing functions you see on retail servers.

There is a couple exceptions to this, and patting mobs like Luzran/Knucklerot can wander a bit. AFAIK quest items never, ever move when they respawn though.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 18, 2015

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
I think I'm gonna bounce Vitigis over to Beef Tips for the raiding fun until BT get's it's self back together. Keeping all the alts in BT though. Who here is the engy?

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

It's always entertaining when a GM goes on a banspree.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Guild Wars 2 went on sale today. Seeya later, poors.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I demoted a bunch of people, cuz someone was raiding the guild bank.

Ill miss Brown Town, it was lots of fun. :(

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Abu Dave posted:

I demoted a bunch of people, cuz someone was raiding the guild bank.

Ill miss Brown Town, it was lots of fun. :(

I havent been on due to RL stepping in etc.
How's the population on there going? Is it increasing any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records
Population is ok.

Who ever has Tannserchan info, make some armor/weapon vellum III's :) thanks

• Locked thread