Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So Molten has apparently been buttfucked to the point they lost all character info and have to slowly restore every account.

Algalon could see a population spike in the next few weeks because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Mazz posted:

So Molten has apparently been buttfucked to the point they lost all character info and have to slowly restore every account.

Algalon could see a population spike in the next few weeks because of this.

Hilarious

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Is there a safe download of a mac client?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So now that the holidays are almost over, does anyone actually want to try to do like a 10m Ulduar or something?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
So Death Wish might be imploding. Unfortunately goons had nothing to do with it, officer drama and bad raid turn out I guess.

The only remaining decent pub guilds all have AWFUL raid times. :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are the remaining guilds

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Obsidius is still doing well as they are still the best on the server. they raid Sunday at noon central time and then that same time every day of the week on progression and expect you to be there. Eurocentric.

Epiphany just cleared 25M hard modes and seems to be doing well... But they raid on friday and saturday.

That's really it for decent 25 mans now. I think Maelstrom isn't bad but is further behind then Death Wish and likely has numbers problems.

Honestly right now DW isn't dead so much as its relegated to 10 mans and will likely float that way until ToC or the molten crowd really fills in.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Mazz posted:

Eurocentric.

Best type.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to work for like two weeks straight then I'm going to have lots of free time. I don't care about hard modes I just want to chill and raid and call people retards I miss brown town :qq:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
I'm probably going to just give in, get a WoD key from somewhere and play for a month or 2 until I'm bored again. This is especially true as one of the only things I'm interested in right now is soloing all the old stuff I never did previously.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 10, 2015

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

I have to work for like two weeks straight then I'm going to have lots of free time. I don't care about hard modes I just want to chill and raid and call people retards I miss brown town :qq:

Please don't use the R word.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

saltylopez posted:

Please don't use the R word.

Raid?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
So I wanted to indulge some WoW nostalgia, but on downloading and logging in the game attempts to apply a patch and then gives a 'failed to apply patch' error. I can't actually create a thread on the main site due to not being able to create a char to post with, any ideas? :(

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Razakai posted:

So I wanted to indulge some WoW nostalgia, but on downloading and logging in the game attempts to apply a patch and then gives a 'failed to apply patch' error. I can't actually create a thread on the main site due to not being able to create a char to post with, any ideas? :(

Did you open WoW.exe or the launcher? If you opened the launcher and let it patch, you'll have to redownload it. If you get in, Ill hop on and mail some bags and stuff.

Khako fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 27, 2015

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Khako posted:

Did you open WoW.exe or the launcher? If you opened the launcher and let it patch, you'll have to redownload it. If you get in, Ill hop on and mail some bags and stuff.

Yeah, managed to get it working now thanks. Zakai on Horde, Varyn on alliance. This is actually... kinda fun? I just want to re-experience the old world mostly, I was one of those weirdos that just liked levelling alts and chilling out.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
The server's pretty good with that. It mostly works and the bugs are easily overcome.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Razakai posted:

Yeah, managed to get it working now thanks. Zakai on Horde, Varyn on alliance. This is actually... kinda fun? I just want to re-experience the old world mostly, I was one of those weirdos that just liked levelling alts and chilling out.

I can't invite anymore but I'll send those bags and some gold though

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here

Khako posted:

I can't invite anymore but I'll send those bags and some gold though

Thanks, I forgot how bad starting out is when you don't have a main to send yourself a set of starter bags and some gold for training/basic gear.

What's the economy like on this server? My standard alt practice was double gathering for that sweet mining money, but if the low level AH/tradeskills are dead I'll probably take a crafting profession so I can make some decent gear. Especially if there's not enough low levels for instances.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This was a good guild then ti died RIP

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

This was a good guild then ti died RIP

Agreed. I wish I had gotten to raid with you all but loving naxx 25 achieve eluded me. also I wish I hadn't given them so much money. weed makes me generous apparently.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
I joined, but when I try to log in I get notified that I need to update, which then fails. :(

e: Yeah, there's something wrong with my account. I can't log in on the site or the client. I can't find any sort of support contact either. No idea what to do now. I even created a second account and it's not letting me log in either.

Dragyn fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I'm gonna go ahead and kill this thread since the goon presence is basically gone.

• Locked thread