Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Saw the thread title, expected a :krad: DeLorean thread, was severely disappointed. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

1st Edition ADandD posted:

I think with the torque I am getting my slushbox is on a suicide watch, I am looking for a good place to slap a cooler in. There's a place here that does really serious automatic performance builds and there's a relatively straightforward set of mods to get the 4n71 to hold 350-400, so that might end up happening.

Trouble with trans coolers is that they don't prevent fluid breakdown, just cool it down so it's at the right viscosity to run the various actuators. If it's getting so hot in the torque converter that it's burning, a cooler won't do any good since it's still that hot from the converter all the way to the cooler. You can make it work if you flush the fluid more often, but it's really a band-aid until the transmission's properly built with an appropriate converter.

Any reason you can't do a manual swap? Supposedly it's pretty easy on the 240s, but obviously the Z is a different car so I don't know if it's the same deal.

• Locked thread