Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I just got this game and have very limited experience with Bayonetta 1. I'm five chapters in and I get the dodge->Witch Time->Murder enemy horribly thing but I don't get much more about the mechanics.

In basic terms what exactly do I need to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Pesky Splinter posted:

There's a useful technique called Dodge Offset, that will allow you to continue your combo without restarting it, after performing a dodge.
Yoshesque's video is super informative on it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4

A guy called Saur is also in the process of making an explanative series on the games mechanics in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqzztvoVngY

There's a lock on button :stonk:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
So I've slowly been working my way through the game.

I checked out the combo videos and it feels so dissonant that you have to hold the buttons down to keep comboing stuff. I mean I understand and can do it, but my hands come away aching after I'm done.

That said, everything else is amazing. I'm trying to hold myself to the standard of at least getting Silver on a level before I move on and it's decently challenging with my relatively limited knowledge of the game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The weird part was how much better I got at the game as time went on.

Like the last five chapters have me consistently hitting gold rank on the first run through.

It was a tonne of fun to play, but I can't see myself coming back and replaying, if only because of how much it makes my hand hurt.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

beep by grandpa posted:

This is basically how it's supposed to go. My fist bayo 2 playthrough was on second climax and I was consistently getting stone awards up until exactly when I purchased the bat within, golds runnin wild after that. I think at the time I was so used to MGR's hard mode prefect party window it screwed me for Bayonetta's :frogbon:

That was it, I saw bat within and went, "Okay, this doesn't seem very good, it just reduces damage and I can pound lollipops to deal with that."

Then I eventually got it and realised it gave you witch time.

• Locked thread