Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Harrow posted:

I wish i had a Wii U

I want so many Wii U games

buy one. Or aren't you a Real Gamer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

So I'm liking this game a lot. It feels very much like Bayonetta 1 but bigger and better.

One thing though that does annoy me, and that annoyed me with the first as well, is how easy it is to miss LP pieces. I had two levels in a row (the first two where the LP is broken into 3 pieces) where I missed out on getting the new weapon. Now, half the fun of Bayonetta is messing around with new weapons, and it really bums me out that I'm going to have to wait until I go back and replay those levels to see what I missed. I just feel like if they want to give you rewards for scouring the levels, that's great. Make it witch hearts or moon pearls. But don't make it so that you can miss fundamental parts of the combat :shrug:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

You can replay them at any time though. The LP pieces in question are rather well-hidden too in both places, you have to really scour for 'em.

oh, yeah I know I can but it kind of ruins the momentum of the game, yeah? I mean I'd rather be experiencing new content and moving through the story than having to go back to levels I've already played and search every nook and cranny for LP pieces.

I mean I guess it's just a personal preference thing. Some people feel a sense of accomplishment from it. I'd rather they just make the weapons unmissable and have other stuff to find.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

how loving cool is it when you're wearing the Mario costume and you do the fist of the north star type move while in umbran climax and bowser's fists are just flying fast and furious into the face of your enemies.

It's really loving cool.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is fun as gently caress but I haven't bought any accessories yet since I have no idea what's worth bothering with. What accessories should I pick up?

Really the most important one (assuming this one is like Bayo1) is the Moon of Mahakala as higher difficulty levels will require you to counter to enter witch time.

Other than that it's just preference. A lot of them are designed to make the game easier for newbs.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Only retards start on the second one of anything

Assassin's Creed.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Anybody tried playing this on the gamepad screen? I wouldn't mind some Bayonetta in bed (heheheheheheh) but I would think it might be a bit too frantic for that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mad World was actually really cool and you're dumb and wrong if you say otherwise.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ninja Gaiden took the inexplicable and idiotic route of making boss fights more difficult by filling the arenas with obnoxious trash enemies that hit you from offscreen. Bayonetta knows how to do boss fights well, just you and the boss.

The OG xbox Ninja Gaiden did this well so I'm not sure why the hosed with it for the next iterations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I wish the chainsaws had better combos. For that matter, I feel like a lot of weapons lack good combos in this one. The whip needs more as well.

Also I really miss the claws from Bayo 1 that could lay bombs. Those things ruled.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

how do you use the arm cannon with the samus outfit? Do you have to have charge shot unlocked?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

notZaar posted:

It just replaces the regular gun shots, your combos are still from your other weapons.

Huh, weird. I thought that was supposed to be it but I tried it out last night and I just had my regular guns.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

notZaar posted:

Works for me, don't know what to tell ya. When I hold down the y button Scarb. Fair disappears and she shoots little energy pellets from her arm.

Oh, I thought it would just replace the guns like the arwing blasters do. I guess I have to hit Y to use it. Good to know.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

God, gently caress Sloth.

He's an embracer of extremes.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Shadow of Mordor is really good too so I'd say it really does come down to how much you'll get out of them. Personally, I am just starting on my hard mode playthrough of Bayo 2, after which I'll probably run through Bayo 1 again to see the new stuff, then maybe try extra hard on Bayo 2, and that's not even including stuff like tag climax. I would say that's the main difference between the two. Shadow of Mordor doesn't really have a ton of replay value.

Bayonetta 2 is really just a whole lot of game. Still, go with your gut. Both are 100% worth playing.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 29, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I did it, I beat Rodin. I am become the Devil May Cry.

Now do it without being hit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Did you used to have to use bat within in bayo 1 to enter witch time with Jeanne? Don't remember it being quite so tricky, and I definitely beat the game with her.

It's more than made up for by her turning into an absolute murder machine during umbran climax though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Not a Children posted:

I feel really dumb, I beat the game and the only nonessential weapons I picked up were Undine. I'm not usually this bad at exploring. What chapters are the other LPs in?

http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/Angelic_Hymns_Gold_LP

Use this guide and feel no shame in doing so. Some of the LPs are stupidly difficult to find.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

SurrealityCheck posted:

On the other hand maybe they were too afraid to get more British VAs - apparently Kamiya and the producer found the voice actress for the umbran matriarch so intimidating while she was recording her lines they just sat in the booth staring at the floor!

THE SHADOW REMAINS CAST!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

wow "innocent cherry boy" is going straight into my repertoire of insults.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

What do people think about the scythe? I can't decide if it's meant as more of a straight dps type weapon or more of a crowd control one.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It is in pretty bad taste, especially given how out of place it is compared to the rest of the game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

yeah I considered playing devil's advocate with the same justifications on this but really there's no way Platinum didn't mean for it to look the way it does so the justifications are pretty irrelevant. Still, 99% of this game is very good about not doing that kind of stuff so I guess it just is what it is.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

dude has a pretty strange self-image...

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I've honestly never had problems with keeping combos up without dodge offset. It seems to be really forgiving and as long as you can hit the enemy with a few bullets it'll keep the timer going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

Oh, and I have an extra 100k halos, and have already bought the moon of Maha-Kahla in Bayonetta 2 (as well as Selenes Light and the alts of Rakhshasha and Undine). What would you all recommend I buy next?

buy all of the alt costumes as soon as you have the money for them.

• Locked thread