Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Neo Rasa posted:

Are you gonna still be able to turn into animals and stuff too?

I'm fairly certain one of the non-spoilery combo vids someone posted from the japanese version showed off the giant bird transformation (Crow Within, was it?), so I would think yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Was legit really surprised to find my Gamestop sold out of this. They were probably understocked, but I like to hope that this means the sales are pretty good. :unsmith:

Ended up picking the game up at Best Buy. Can't waiiittt

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Hahaha holy poo poo one of the infernal demons is basically Raiden.

Just beat the first boss. This game loving owns, you guys.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Holy poo poo Tag Climax rules. It's basically Bloody Palace on steroids with co-op, it's so much fun.

How does it work, exactly? You need to get through six verses to claim your reward, yes? Does dying in any single verse mean you have to start all over, or can you continue from there and just lose what you bet for that particular verse? Because having The Lumen Sage just randomly pop up in some of them (on Star Three) has completely wrecked a few of my runs, here.

e: Also what's with that infinity meter? I've had it fill up all the way but I have no idea what it does.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

I don't think you keep winnings--failing on Verse 3 or 4 a few times has set me right back to where I started, despite earning around 120,000 halos in bets up to that point.

I could be wrong though.

BlackFrost fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 30, 2014

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

I've lost on verse 6 like four times now. I even dropped the difficulty down to ensure a victory but the last enemy did like a fuckton of damage. :(

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

I was having trouble with Witch Trial IV. Like, a loving ton of trouble. So I went back and finally got around to playing through 3rd Climax. After that, I entered Witch Trial IV and made it my bitch, and ended with a nice platinum trophy. Then the game was like "Nice, dude! Hey, did you think that was tough? Check out Witch Trial V," and proceeded to loving wreck my poo poo over and over.

Is this the last trial? How many verses is this insane bullshit? ....What else do they pair up and throw at you at once? :ohdear:

Also, does Infinite Climax have a gimmick this time? Witch time is still enabled it seems.

...Also also, what's the best way to grind halos in this game? I want to fight Rodin but building up 10,000,000 halos while resisting the urge to buy all of the costumes is slowly hurting my soul. At least using that Midas item with the mech suit on seems to generate a ton of halos.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Fedule posted:

Chapter XIV, Jeanne, Gaze of Despair, Bracelet of time, PPP(hold), Infinite Climax difficulty.

You will max out the post chapter combo counter (99,999,999).

How do you unlock the bracelet of time in this one?

E: holy gently caress this chapter is actually hard with Gaze of Despair on

BlackFrost fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Holy poo poo, the halos you get with this method are absolutely insane. :stare:

So, does buying the Platinum Ticket unlock it forever, or is it like the first game where you have to keep purchasing it to try again? That'd be kinda dick since you actually have to spend 10,000,000 this time.

• Locked thread