Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
In Bayo 1, how do I exit the menu after playing Angel Attack? I have a menu of a bunch of lolipops and other poo poo than I can buy with AA points or with Halos, but I can't find my way out of this menu. How do I get on with the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

If you don't want to buy anything (or lack the points to buy anything), you have to exchange them for halos.

Thanks! Is there a way to set lock on to toggle? I'd rather not have to hold R while fighting enemies.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I guess I don't understand how Bayo 1 saves progress. I've been slowly working my way through Chapter 5 over the past few weeks. The last time I played I found an Alfheim Portal that took me to a Grace and Glory fight that limits me to using 10 punches and 7 kicks. I don't remember finishing that, I remember putting the game down and saving that for later. When I turned it on last night I couldn't find the Alfheim Portal so I thought I must have gone back a bit so I kept playing the game but I don't think I lost any progress. Either the game put me at a point beyond the portal or I missed it, it doesn't really matter.

I kept playing until I got to a Jeanne fight and I just couldn't do it. So I saved my progress to that point in another save slot because I wanted to look for the Alfheim portal this morning. Jokes on me, both of my saves are now at the very beginning of Chapter 5. The one I loaded to last night that was 3/4 through the level is back at the beginning and so is the new slot I created last night, the only difference being the first one has about 20k less halos and I have the Dirge claws. What the gently caress happened? I don't want to repeat whatever mistake I made again.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just finished playing Bayo 1 and that was a blast. I'm not normally one for wringing every last drop out of a game so I'll probably never find the last weapon I didn't peace together. I'll also be content to have a lot of stone medals. I game became much better once I stopped hoarding halos and realized I could buy lots of witch hearts from Rodin.

Now I can't decide if I should play Bayo 2, W101, or Revengeance next. Any opinions? I've heard it's hard to go from Bayo 2 to Bayo 1, so is there anything in those three games that would ruin anything in another?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just finished the prologue and first level of Revengeance and it's fun, but the controls are maddening. They feel so clunky coming straight from Bayo 1.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The thing that makes Revengeance clunky to me is the movement. It feels like there is too much weight and turning feels... wide? I don't feel like I can turn on a dime.

As for Bayo setting the smooth gameplay bar so high, I don't agree. It's smooth, but what I've played of the W101 is just as smooth as Bayo and I remember God of War 1 and 2 feeling ultra smooth too.

After more thinking, there is also the button delay thing in Revengeance too. If I'm sprinting I have to stop sprinting and wait a moment before I can use my visor and the menu is slow.

On a completely different topic, I watched some videos explaining dodge offset in Bayo 1 last night and I Now want to 'get good'. I continued my game and I'm back at the start on hard mode and it's going well! Is there anything like a practice arena I can play around in? The best thing I've come up with is playing in the "try it" levels that you access when buying new skills. I'd really kill for an endless enemy arena or just a good stage to play over and over to help me learn to control my button pressing.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Ignore this post. Phone posting sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I play with rumble turned off, but I swear I read something once that said there are rumble queues that help you combo better. I can't find my source now. Am I crazy or are rumble queues really a thing? (Talking about Bayo 1)

• Locked thread