Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fedule posted:

Why is my apparent skill at the game inversely proportional to Bayonetta's health?

I am halfway through Nonstop Infinite Climax and the green lollies are all that's keeping me going. I don't think I'm good enough to play as Jeanne but I also think the Bracelet of Time is beneath me for some reason and the overall effect is that basically I die a lot.

I love this game :shepface:

Oh good, so it's not just me then. I lost track of how often I'd be running around at 'yeah one more hit will probably kill me' and then suddenly remember how to dodge everything for the next five minutes, get some health, and then forget again.

Granted, I also only recently got through second climax with mostly silvers. You crazy people and your motor skills and your ability to actually continue a dodge offset combo more than one out of four times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fedule posted:

Beat the game with Gold or better in every chapter. (I think it has to be 2nd Climax or higher)

I think I will just pretend my game is "missing" that item then :shepface:

I'd probably manage to beat Rodin before I ever manage to Gold every chapter (even if I was allowed to miss hidden fights).

EDIT: vvv Oh, I've gotten some plats and golds and such on REGULAR fights, and my share of gold overall ratings (on Second Climax). It's just that I doubt my ability to consistently be good, even if I remembered all the hidden fights. Especially with bosses involved (While I only died on multistage bosses, dodge dodge dodge one hit away from death for 90% of the boss fight does put a damper on that damage taken bonus)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 19, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

I still can't tell if Bayonetta 2 is easier or it's just because I played through Bayonetta 1 beforehand. Bayonetta 2's 3rd Climax difficulty felt about as challenging as my first playthrough of 1 on Normal.

I had this feeling as well. The fact you start off with various QoL moves you had to unlock either through story progress or the shop in the first game, and they give you the signature guns within like 30 seconds instead of an entire tutorial level helps that impression as well.

Granted, I've only done an initial playthrough on normal for both games so far. Did the first few levels of Bayo 1 again on the Wii after and I know at least some of it is knowing how the game works now (But I still can't dodge offset properly to save my life).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Golden Goat posted:

The last five chapters were mostly the time travel ones right? I found I started to consistently get platinums just because the Bayo 1 enemies felt so much easier to handle.

Last boss though did not go well for me. I really don't know how to handle flying fights.

I sympathize. I'm at least passable to get through with a pile of mostly silvers and saying "How the gently caress did I get that pure plat?" at times, but all the floating around fights just take away what little skill I have.

A good percentage of Bayo 2 was demonstrating that my ability to dodge is inversely proportional to how much health I have left. Right, one more hit from a stiff breeze will kill me. Time to reduce this (normal difficulty) flower bitch to paste now that I've gotten all that incompetence temporarily beaten out of me.

• Locked thread