Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
The gently caress has this thread become?

Came for Bayonetta hype, left with dudes in their basement with Bill Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
Played the Demo again, gonna be nice to see what else they let you do with the magic system. Umbran Climax seems like a definite improvement, as it kinda sucked in the first one that there wasn't much to blow magic on aside from insta-weaves and torture attacks. Most of the magic-using items didn't really come into play until later in the game. Curious what all the new accessories will do. Ridiculous how quickly the clone one could just melt through enemies once activated.

Also wish they had co-op in the demo. As someone who's played the original, that's the poo poo I wanna see. Always hate it when the demo for a game is the prologue, as they rarely are indicative of what the user will actually be doing a majority of the time. Fun to see the new sword and whip items though, glad they had those to play with.

Not really sure how strong or even viable the online community for a game like this will be, although I've heard some people say the co-op is one of the strongest parts. May be time to revisit the Nintendo Network Thread.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
The first thing I did in the demo was seeing if Dodge-Offsets were still a thing. Trusty PKP proved they were. Really looking forward to grabbing all the hidden weapons. Hope there's one at least as fun as the nunchucks.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
Replayed the demo with a friend the other day. Shame that the co-op isn't in the demo, as it is really fun trying to one up each other with how much you can string together taunts in the same combo. Didn't use taunts a whole lot in Bayo 1, but it definitely seems more worked into the combo score system in 2, at least in the prologue there is a marked difference in combo rating when taunting. Even while milking each enemy for all they had, felt like I pretty much had to anger enemies to get a decent combo rating at the end of each verse. Gonna be a fun ride upping medals to Pure Platinum.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I called ahead to Best Buy to make sure they had it tomorrow. It was kind of funny spelling out the name and then describing the box art to an employee who either had no idea or had a fun grief on me.

• Locked thread