Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm going through the game on Third Climax now, and I don't know how I keep missing verses. I feel like I check every nook and cranny, but I still miss a couple each stage.

The muspelheims count as verses as well. but yeah there's some tricky ones sprinkled around. But it's not as bad as other platinum games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fedule posted:

Completing The Wonderful 101 involved finding all of the bullshit backtracking missions once on every difficulty.

But yeah, bullshit backtracking missions are one of those bizarre things that Platinum just keep doing and steadfastly refuse to learn better than. I was astounded to learn that Bayo 2 actually had a list of Muspelheims along with what verse number they were (but unsurprised to learn that there was no such listing for hidden verses).

That's pretty much one of the main reasons I haven't gone back to W101. That being said Beyonetta 2 at least tones them down, which I appreciate.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like the one where you have to break the bench the couple is sitting on.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah, I know why they couldn't do it it's just a shame because it really held the game back IMO.

It also hosed up the momentum of my S-Rank runs to. It's still a problem on the PC version unfortunately.

• Locked thread