Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Blackdog420 posted:

Hey guys I just picked up this game. I don't know anything about it and refused to do any loving research. The game apparently came with the first game, which I think is pretty wicked cool.

My question is, should I play through the first Bayonetta game before diving into the sequel?

Please respond. Please be honest.

they're both great games and if you haven't played the first already then that is a great place to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

amitlu posted:

What is the difference between Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair?

they have completely different movesets

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I came across some challange that was just "use only wicked weaves" and I spent the whole time trying to sit back and build up a combo until i could use the weave, but hitting the enemy at all canceled me out. I spent the whole time trying to get enough distance to build up a combo which was working for a bit. Am I missing something? This is the most convoluted bullshit challange the game's thrown at me so far.

PKP is the fastest wicked weave that doesn't require magic to use. just keep your distance and avoid making contact with the enemy except for the weave

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Witch time allows for grabs on basically anything.

so does umbran climax

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i haven't had a chance to run through infinite climax yet but am i correct in thinking its a gimmick difficulty that takes away witch time from dodges like non-stop in bayo 1? or is it just the very hard to 3rd climax's hard?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I have a hard time reliably meeting the platinum requirements for combo score in most verses with any weapon except the guns (both Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair), and I really want to use other weapons, but they always seem to kill too fast

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Maybe it's kind of crass to have a character who's all about being in control of her sexuality (and has been praised even by feminists for being a refreshing power fantasy expression of this idea) suddenly get sexually assaulted and humiliated for a quick laugh. Just throwing that out there.

Maybe that's lovely and not good. Maybe "it would be cool to be Bayonetta" and "hahahaha check it out Bayonetta just got raped by Rodin hahahaha" are not congruent ideas.

yeah. it's especially lovely because the rest of the game is mostly fine about this sort of thing, so it just comes out of nowhere in this secret boss fight and is completely inconsistent with the rest of the game and the characters involved, and it makes everything look bad. it's giant stain that could have easily been avoided, and it's confusing how it got there in the first place.

i don't blame anyone if they choose not to support the game as result of this because it really is indefensible. personally, i still enjoy both games a ton, but it's frustrating knowing this stupid animation is there, even if it is pretty far out of the way to even see it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

This muspelheim where you can't touch the ground and the enemies can destroy the platforms is the first time I've been seriously frustrated in this game. Most of the time I fail within seconds of starting. Any tips for how to stay in the air and not totally lose my bearings for where I am and which way I'm moving?

which one? if its the one with a bunch of the tiny angels spread out, use the swords or whips and clear out as many as you can quickly, then jump in the air and switch to guns and use your longest combos and don't stop.

also it's worth noting that you can jump off of enemies' heads if you time it right, and if you hold the jump button down you will fall much slower with her hover.

those ones can be tricky at first but once you get it down you'll probably pure platinum it with no issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think most people have agreed that undine is just Bad unfortunately. thankfully every other weapon is really good

• Locked thread