Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I have heard you can taunt to enrage bosses now. Is this true?

That was in the first game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Was there any reaction or care in the world at all when this same attack was seen in the first Bayonetta?

I thought it was a little awkward then, but I've never seen anyone take notice of it until now. I guess it might be because it's easier to get to that fight in the second game.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Found a fun game to play with friends on Tag Climax.

All Random All 3☆ Tag Climax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCxchHA4Rpw

The rules are obvious. Select a random verse card by hitting X on the verse card menu and set it to 3 stars. It's really fun and really drat hard. We still haven't won a full set.

I have to say this is a pretty awesome idea. Definitely looking forward to doing this when I get my copy.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Revengence was cool but really needed different enemy varieties. Bayonetta 2 introduces new guys up until the final boss practically. Would really like to see a Revengence 2, haha

To be fair, Bayonetta 2 has more (quality) enemy variety than any high-tier action game. It definitely set a bar in that regard.

Wildtortilla posted:

I just finished the prologue and first level of Revengeance and it's fun, but the controls are maddening. They feel so clunky coming straight from Bayo 1.

Eh, every game in this genre feels "clunky" compared to Bayonetta. I'm fine with that though; the Bayo philosophy of letting you cancel everything into everything at any time wouldn't work in a lot of games.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

On a completely different topic, I watched some videos explaining dodge offset in Bayo 1 last night and I Now want to 'get good'. I continued my game and I'm back at the start on hard mode and it's going well! Is there anything like a practice arena I can play around in? The best thing I've come up with is playing in the "try it" levels that you access when buying new skills. I'd really kill for an endless enemy arena or just a good stage to play over and over to help me learn to control my button pressing.

If you beat all the alfheims (the challenge rooms you can find scattered around levels) you'll unlock the lost chapter, which is a fifty-fight-long gauntlet.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Honestly, I feel like Bayonetta 2 is much harder than 1. It seems easier on the surface because it doesn't sucker punch you with insta-death QTEs and there's no wall early in the game like Grace and Glory, but the high-end enemies and most of the humanoid bosses are much stronger than what Bayo 1 throws at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I'm incredibly unoriginal and I tend to like sticking with the default stuff, so I use Love is Blue on hands and Scarborough Fair on feet (because I love the Bayo 1 PPPKKK combo too much, even if it's not as effetive in this game).

• Locked thread