Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just got hit with one of those at the end of Chapter 2 in Bayo 1. :( I'm happy to hear Bayo 2 doesn't have many, but life or death QTEs kinda suck in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I just finished Chapter VI of Bayonetta 1 and I gotta say, the dance off between Bayonetta and Bayonetta is the best thing so far. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm halfway through Bayonetta 1, I think and I am absolutely getting wrecked by Grace and Glory, and I've met their meaner cousins Gracious and Glorious. Is there anything I should do to make it easier to fight them? So far I've just been falling back on the Link costume's inherent parry to mitigate some damage, but it's hard to parry a dude who decides to attack from offscreen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I like using the pro controller for rapid button mashing like for torture attacks and boss QTEs because I feel like I'm less likely to break a pro controller than I am the game pad. Also the pro controller lasts forever and a half before you have to recharge, so I don't have to tether myself to a power outlet and can just play all over my room if I wanted to.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, what is this about Valkyria Chronicles on Steam?

It'd depend more on the publishers (mostly Sega) than Platinum in terms of their back catalog though, but if they got VC there...

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Valkyria+Chronicles

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Only retards start on the second one of anything

Except for Mega Man. Mega Man 1 is unfun and has some bad design choices and is a bad introduction to the franchise. Mega Man 2 is much more fun and a lot easier for a beginner to get into.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Also what does the left trigger do? It seems to cycle through 2 different types like modes in DMC or something but I don't remember it ever getting explained. I was waiting for a tutorial or something but it still hasn't brought it up.

You can check out your weapon loadout with the - button. You can set two different loadouts here, the left column is hands, right column is legs, upper row is loadout A, bottom is loadout B. As a bonus, when you get the sword, equip that and the Link costume at the same time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

They're not that bad if you come in with a full magic meter since their health is pretty drat low. It's just that they're really fast and hit like a freight train (their arial juggle move takes out about 70% of my health bar).

Just wait til you meet Gracious and Glorious. :suicide:

A torture attack on them does about half as much as it does on Grace and Glory, you can't get witch time from dodging and their combos are longer.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm 90% sure the cutscene between the first fight and the first boss in the demo is one that lets you do that. I also vaguely remember doing it a few nights ago in Bayo 1 by accident.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ethanol posted:

Just beat grace and glory on my first try :smug:

Now can you do it consistently?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Using the Daisy outfit has me so conflicted. The thing is loving hideous and somehow more shameful then her usual stuff, yet hearing bowser scream "YEAH!!!" whenever he hits things is so goddamn funny I can't stop.

Does Bowser not do that in the Peach costume?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

enojy posted:

I think that was precisely where I left off in MGR, because I was playing a Gamefly copy and wanted to get something else in my queue. It was one of those over the top, ultra-satisfying boss fights that Bayonetta 2 is chock full of.

Please go buy Revengeance for real because you literally haven't seen anything yet.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wait the dual swords are bad? I just picked them up last night after having started and they felt pretty good. Also the gamepad is fine, it feels nice and is designed well, but I tend to play on my pro controller because I always feel really nervous about breaking an analog stick or a button or something when I do the torture attacks and climaxes.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

adhuin posted:

Retry without penalty would just make game too easy to Platinum. Good Grades are a reward for handling the whole chapters without huge failures, not for retrying every verse until you luck out the encounter perfectly.

Your Continue idea is basically same as the one-use item in Rodin's store.

Metal Gear Rising let you do that though, sorta, if you restarted from a checkpoint before the game saves after any encounter, so it's not like Platinum hasn't given you the option to do that in their titles.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Out of curiosity, if I play Tag Climax with someone who has verse cards that I don't, can they pick those cards?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I know this has already been discussed but seeing as there's no OP; what are the advantages to playing bayonetta first? Is it the nintendo costumes? I want to replay 1 but I also kinda want to just dive into 2.

There's no carryover, if that's what you're asking. Feel free to dive straight into 2 if you want to.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I think this actually is the case that they didn't print enough copies. Even GameStops around me were only getting in like one or two at a time. I know a bunch of people that work in each one around here and they all said they had to turn away people constantly if they didn't want to order it off the website. Plus most of them didn't have any for Black Friday. :wtc:

On the other hand, I can see copies at Best Buy and Target pretty easily in my area.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

They pop up at the very last level if I recall correctly.

Also in act 10 I think?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Also for the loving love of god put in on the fly weapon switching

If they don't have to develop for last gen systems, they might be able to. The poor PS3 and its piddly 256 mb of RAM couldn't handle having all of the weapons loaded into memory at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Uh press circle to tear out hearts?!

Anyway I bought a wii u mainly for bayo 2 it's amazing, glad I did.

That's definitely a context-sensitive prompt.

notZaar posted:

Because that would require pretty significant reprogramming. The PC port didn't bring too much new stuff to the table, but it was well ported so no complaints here.

Before anyone counterargues with that mode in DMC4PC that allows you to fight way more enemies, that doesn't really seem like it would change how the engine works, it sounds like it just takes advantage of the extra RAM to load more enemies.

• Locked thread